Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Nohona > Mixed Plate
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old January 12th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Bad day on the sandbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzsell View Post
Bruce was never an owner of the boat and the boat has never been named Serenity (I believe that's the name of his current boat). He used to lease our slip to us. As a group, once we purchased the boat, we named it Aquadelica and painted the logo on.
Thank you for responding. A couple of easy questions to help clear things up. What was the previous name of the boat, prior to AQUADELICA? Who did you, the partners, purchase the boat from? What marina was the boat located prior to your purchase? Did you move the boat to a different location after you purchased it? Where?

Thank you in advance.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Ali`i

Okay, we're going to have to agree to disagree. I know certain facts, having been involved peripherally.
I'm curious about something: why did you move the boat from its former slip to its current one?
Anyway, I also was just contacted by a reporter who said the boat had been returned to its slip at Heeia Kea harbor around 9pm last night, and that as of an hour ago DLNR was there and waiting for a containment boom. That makes me wonder why, if there was a boom around it yesterday, there apparently isn't one today.
Further, the reporter claims that DLNR was given a report by a harbor official who was watching Aquadelica yesterday and who said that as the overloaded boat left the harbor he counted 26 people on it, and that there appeared to be more down in the cabin.
Lastly, the reporter states that DLNR says certain people involved with the ownership of Aquadelica are refusing to talk to them and "are apprently in hiding."
All the claims of innocence and good behavior notwithstanding, this doesn't look good. There appears to be a conflict between what we are being told here on HT and what we're hearing from official reports.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Keiki

Lightbulb Just a day on the sandbar

I think it is interesting how quickly people without factual merit engage in bashing other people on forums, most seem to be the modern day version of a lynching party.

What is even more entertaining are all of the would-be-reporters who are out to find irrelevant facts. The facts are: no humans were hurt, the environment was not harmed and the owner(s) are clearly taking responsibility for their actions.

Villagers: grab your pitchforks and meet me at the docks!
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Just a day on the sandbar

HawaiiOptimization, who just now joined HT merely to post some drivel and who is probably a partner in the boat from hell, wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiOptimization View Post
I think it is interesting how quickly people without factual merit engage in bashing other people on forums, most seem to be the modern day version of a lynching party.
"Without factual merit"? You mean, other than eyewitnesses and people here who have proven themselves reliable after many years on this group?

Quote:
What is even more entertaining are all of the would-be-reporters who are out to find irrelevant facts.
Which "irrelevant facts"? And as for your "would-be-reporters" (sic), you don't know who the posters here are and you clearly don't know how many of our local media participate here, or you wouldn't have said something so ludicrous.

Quote:
The facts are: no humans were hurt, the environment was not harmed and the owner(s) are clearly taking responsibility for their actions.
Let's see now. At least one person got gasoline in their eyes; you have no knowledge whatsoever that the environment was not harmed (you think all that spilled gas and oil is healthy for living coral reefs? ); and the last part of your comment has already been proven to be wrong too. Someone posting here has claimed to be innocent and angelic, but three federal and state agencies disagree and a fourth agency (DOBOR) is now getting involved too.
Your point is... you know... pointless.

Old January 12th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Ali`i

Hello mysterious person with a single post to your name

Quote:
The facts are:
Bill Clinton did NOT have sexual relations with...oh wait.
Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Ali`i

Good one, MJ.
You posted it at the exact time I posted my reply to HO (hey, I like that! HO! ).
You know what I'd like to see? I'd like to see those folks go into Kaneohe Yacht Club and the marina at the Marine Corps Base Kaneohe and say "Hi, people. We're the owners of Aquadelica."
THEN you'd see those "villagers grabbing their pitchforks", as HO mentioned!

Old January 12th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Ali`i

It's been a long time since I've done this but...
my feet are up on my desk and there's a bowl of popcorn on my lap! Let the games begin!
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
my feet are up on my desk and there's a bowl of popcorn on my lap! Let the games begin!
Indeed. And as one of the folks here who has had the rare pleasure of meeting LikaNui in person (and is sworn to secrecy - so don't even think of asking), AND knows a little bit about of his interests & occupations ... I'll be keeping my money right where it is on the board at present, tyvm. Pass me some of that popcorn, wouldja, Sue? Bulldogs are wonderful animals - don't you agree?
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Ali`i

*flaps in all black and iridescent*

What??.....I'm a gore crow!

*eyes tutusue's popcorn*

Share?
Old January 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
We're the owners of Aquadelica.
Dude. That'd be a great t-shirt idea.
Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
You're late. They started yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
And as one of the folks here who has had the rare pleasure of meeting LikaNui in person
What?! That was an impersonator, I tell ya!

Quote:
(and is sworn to secrecy - so don't even think of asking),
Well, whoever you met, I'm sure that person swore you to secrecy on a blood oath and upon penalty of death and/or dismemberment. Probably bribed you by buying you some drinks and pupus too.

Quote:
AND knows a little bit about of his interests & occupations ... I'll be keeping my money right where it is on the board at present, tyvm.
Hmmm. Oh. tyvm means "thank you very much", I guess. Hey, are you really Lex Brodie?
Anyway, yeah, keep your money on the board. I've been very careful so far about how I word things in this thread, because... well, just because.
I'll be able to say a LOT more once these investigations (CG, DLNR, HFD and DOBOR) are over.

Quote:
Pass me some of that popcorn, wouldja, Sue?
If she sells it, I want a percentage of the profits as a commission.

Quote:
Bulldogs are wonderful animals - don't you agree?
Thanks. Woof! And hey, I hope both of those elevators work now. [/wave to Tutu]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
*eyes tutusue's popcorn* Share?
*counting the increase in my commission* Hey, maybe I'll buy another boat with my profits. I know one that was recently damaged and may be available really cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyopicJoe View Post
Dude. That'd be a great t-shirt idea.
And you could silkscreen a big red target on it!
But a far better selling T-shirt would say "We're NOT the owners of Aquadelica."

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Ali`i

Help yourself! It's FREE.

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Ali`i

Quote:

*counting the increase in my commission* Hey, maybe I'll buy another boat with my profits. I know one that was recently damaged and may be available really cheap.
Nah...you don't want that one, it draws snarks *eyes HawaiiOptimization*

Ok...little toothless snarks...annoying after a bit tho.

*bills Lika for the business advice*

Quote:

Miigwech Miz Sue!
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Darn. No commissions. There goes my retirement fund, and now I can't pay Peshkwe for that business advice either.

Old January 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Darn. No commissions. There goes my retirement fund, and now I can't pay Peshkwe for that business advice either.
Well....

*draws Lika into the shadows beneath a glossy black wing*

-<-

->-

Shhh....I'll make you a deal.

Give perching rights to your kills...victims....posting opponents while they're still warm and twitching yet, AND give me first dibbies on any stray sweetbreads that happen to be...erm...set free to roam without their master...

Yanno I get peckish from time to time...

We can call it a done deal.

Hmmmm....?
Old January 12th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Ali`i

You're too late. My fortune is already ensured. Coming soon on E-Bay, Amazon.com, CafePress, and at Macy's and other fine department stores and boating supply outlets:

Old January 12th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Ali`i

*sigh*

Story of my life....

Looks like I go back to foraging for my own kills eh? Say...you get that in like a lobster style bib suitable for a crow? Can't be a stylin gore crow with your feathers gettin all mucked up.
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
Well.... *draws Lika into the shadows beneath a glossy black wing*
Hey, wait a second. I recognize that behavior! You're my ex-wife Plaintiff, aren't you?!

Dang. This thread is sinking faster than... well, you know.

Old January 12th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Kumu

Quote:

What is even more entertaining are all of the would-be-reporters who are out to find irrelevant facts. The facts are: no humans were hurt, the environment was not harmed and the owner(s) are clearly taking responsibility for their actions.
Well, regarding facts, it's tough to be 100% certain what happened because it's all based on witness accounts. Most of us don't have access to anything except those posted accounts from eyewitnesses, a crude video and some photos.

But here's what we know for sure: The Aquadelica sank at the sandbar in broad daylight, in weather conditions that can be described as extremely mild.

So that takes "nature to blame" out of the equation.

Once water was detected, buckets were reportedly used in vain to prevent the boat from sinking. Which begs the question: Where were the bilge pumps? Was it because of an electrical failure due to flooding? No manual pumps available?

One of the people aboard said he got gas in his eyes from being in the water, retrieving items from the boat. So that helps establish fuel in the water. How much fuel was spilled is anyone's guess. Depends on whether it came from the tank vents or other parts of the fuel system.

Terrible that such a nice-looking boat got trashed.

It's fortunate that no one was lost or badly injured, and that was pure luck. As someone else mentioned, if this had happened out at sea where you couldn't just step off onto ankle-deep water, then what? And if the boat were overloaded and PFD's weren't readily accessible?

According to someone who was aboard at the time, there was a fuel spill. That means some contaminants did get into the bay. I don't know the condition of the coral right at the edge of the sandbar, but I do know there's a school of papio running there that could be adversely affected by a dose of gas. A dive company in Maui was fined a huge sum for damaging the coral at a dive site. Nowadays the state isn't taking these things lightly.

By the way, I hope the guy who got gas in his eyes went to see a doctor. Having solvents, even diluted, into the eyes could do damage to the cornea. And gas is a known carcinogen especially since it contains benzine.

It's good to hear that the owners are accepting responsibility. It could have been worse. But something tells me it could also have been completely avoided if the skipper had been more alert.
Old January 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Hey, wait a second. I recognize that behavior! You're my ex-wife Plaintiff, aren't you?!
LOL!!!

BOO!!!

Quote:
Dang. This thread is sinking faster than... well, you know.
Ennit tho!
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
What is even more entertaining are all of the would-be-reporters who are out to find irrelevant facts.
I don't believe it.

BY GOLLY IT'S BOB JONES!!!!
right here on this Forum.

Welcome Bob, happy to have you with us.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Ali`i

Exclamation Re: Bad day on the sandbar

This thread has gone far too quiet (the silence is deafening!), and we're apparently out of popcorn, so while we all wait patiently for answers and replies from our new friends on Aquadelica I feel it is important -- no, critical -- that you all take a minute (give or take one second) to turn up your volume and view the 59-second video at this link which will indubitably change your life forever.
Go ahead. Watch it right now. I'll wait.

*drums fingers on the tabletop*

*figures a minute has gone by*

Oh. You're back.
Life altering, wasn't it?
Told ya so!
And thus we await further communication herewith.

*fade to black*

Old January 13th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Composite 2992 View Post

Once water was detected, buckets were reportedly used in vain to prevent the boat from sinking. Which begs the question: Where were the bilge pumps? Was it because of an electrical failure due to flooding? No manual pumps available?
YES!! I was wondering about this myself!! Buckets? Did the operator not know about the bilge pumps??
Old January 13th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlegirl View Post
Buckets? Did the operator not know about the bilge pumps??
Indeed, although the batteries were under water and had probably shorted out by then. (Might've been battery acid in the water that burned that one guy's eyes.) But what I find amusing, in a pathetic sort of way, is that a boat that big sank so very fast... and they tried to stop the massive inflow of the ocean with a little bucket?!
Sneezing monkeys would know better.

Old January 13th, 2009, 12:27 AM
Ali`i

Quote:
You're late. They started yesterday.
[...]
Oh, I saw the dialogue that transpired yesterday. I didn't feel the need for popcorn 'til today.