Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Hawaii Media > Hawaii Television
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old March 26th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

However either the X-Rays or the operation (done in 2004, when Oceanic 815 crashed) would have encountered the bullet, unless the bullet did get removed in 1977 or it went thru his body.

I am kind of surpised that Sayid didn't shoot more bullets at Ben, just to be sure.
Old March 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Kanaka

I was accidently quasi-spoilered and thought Sayid shooting young Ben could be a possibility but it was still shocking when it happened. Of course, who knows with the wacky healing powers and time travel what this means, but I'm hooked so I'll be there next week too.

I just started watching this show a few months ago and am finally caught up with the current eps!

I am curious about Claire, Rose and Bernard! I want to know what's going on with them!
Old March 26th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Ali`i

Claire joined her dad Christan in Jacob's cabin. I am kind of surprised she hasn't appeared again. No idea about Rose and Bernard, last we saw of them was during the flaming arrow attack this season.
Old March 26th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Kia`aina

Well, Claire did show up at Aaron's crib in Kate's head. Warning Kate not to bring Aaron back, which is probably why Kate left him in L.A.

Also, in "Namaste", while Christian is dropping the bomb on Sun, there appears to be a woman hiding in the shadows behind Sun in the dark cabin. Is it Claire? It might just be a production assistant, but aren't production values on a major network show much better than that? Lost seems to be the kind of program that only shows you what it wants you to see.

No big surprise when Sayid shot young Ben, because (a) last week's preview pretty much gave that away, and (b) we know that Sayid kills chickens without remorse, yo!

I wonder if this has anything to do with why Ben lays incapacitated in the Hydra in present day. I mean, he only took an oar to the head. That guy seems indestructible. Does the shooting of young Ben do have something to with present-day Ben? Maybe young Ben is only injured, not killed, and thus present-day Ben is paralyzed because of that. Or perhaps we have yet to see the consequences of the shooting of young Ben.

Best line of the episode was the title. Good to see William Sanderson. "Hi, I'm Oldham. This is my brother Darryl and my Other brother Darryl."
Old March 26th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Kanaka

Quote:
Well, Claire did show up at Aaron's crib in Kate's head. Warning Kate not to bring Aaron back, which is probably why Kate left him in L.A.
Yeah, I'm just really impatient because I wonder what's going on with her character ever since we saw her in Christian/Jacob's shack seeming all drugged out.

As for William Sanderson (who is a great character actor, IMO), I always think of him from Coal Miner's Daughter, but that's probably because I've seen that movie so many times I've lost count. I didn't recognize him at first and then it hit me! I just about jumped out of my seat.

Oh, and I loved it too when Sawyer said "He's our you." Good stuff.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Ali`i

Well at least tonight's episode resolved the fate of Aaron.

Kind of convienient for Richard to say that Ben will "forget the incident".
Old April 2nd, 2009, 06:08 AM
Kanaka

I loved Ben's expression when he regained consciousness and saw Locke sitting there in front of him, very much alive!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:57 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon

My wife and I have historically not liked Kate-centric episodes, but this one worked for us. We blogged our thoughts in detail last night. Evangeline Lilly was great. The time-travel conversation between Miles and Hurley was hilarious. The fact that our survivors are the people who created the Ben we know was brilliant. I do agree, though, that the "he won't remember anything" explanation is a cop-out. I hope it's not quite that simple... the story is much more interesting if you imagine that Ben did remember some of these people and events when he meets them "again" in 2004.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:08 PM
Ali`i

I was thinking why didn't Kate just tell Jack that Aaron was left with Claire's mother? Her of all people Jack would have understood.

Any guesses about the Other who was first on the scene to talk to James and Kate? It wasn't Charles Widmore, maybe it was Tom?
Old April 9th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Ali`i

I think tonight's episode answered some questions concerning Alex and Penny. I hope Caeser didn't die from being shot by Ben.
Old April 9th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Ali`i

Send a message via ICQ to pzarquon Send a message via AIM to pzarquon Send a message via MSN to pzarquon Send a message via Yahoo to pzarquon

My wife and I blogged our thoughts in detail about last night's episode. It wasn't a strong episode, but served up a heap of mystery and mythology. We've seen the smoke monster judge before... but considering who delivered its message to Ben, it's clear the smoke monster can conjure up things that could also explain some of the things we've seen in previous seasons.

Definitely didn't see what happened to Caesar coming. The key question is, what are Ilana and friends up to, and who do they work for?
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Ali`i

So tonight's episode fills in the blanks like:
  1. Why Miles asked Ben for 2.3 million dollars
  2. Why the Swan's upper hatch had 4 8 15 16 23 42 stamped on it
  3. Dr. Chang's baby is Miles

Why an electromagnet at the Swan site? Why not a plain old big magnet instead? The people who took Miles in the van in the flashback who do they represent? Ben's people? Widmore's people? Another group unheard of (maybe they belong to 2nd season Nathan who Goodwin killed) yet?

Now there is a new saying "Who stands in the shadow of the statue".
Old April 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Ali`i

Mistake, it's not 2.3 million dollars, it's 3.2 million dollars.

Another thing that stuck me as odd. Between the time that Sayid popped in and last night's epsiode 2, maybe 3 days on the island have past. When Sayid was around the Flame station, Radzinsky was working on the model for the Swan station, but in last night's episode they were more or less finished digging the pit for that station and started to get the pieces in place.
Old April 16th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Ali`i

(my posting was wrong - sorry)

Last edited by anapuni808; April 16th, 2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old April 17th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Kia`aina

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen View Post
The people who took Miles in the van in the flashback who do they represent? Ben's people? Widmore's people? Another group unheard of (maybe they belong to 2nd season Nathan who Goodwin killed) yet?
Well, they can't be Widmore's people. They don't want Miles working for Widmore.

Might they be Ben's people? The guy from the van is now one of the Bounty Huntress's men with guns on the island. But they don't seem to be on Ben's side.

Maybe they are with the recently deceased "Delivery Guy" who appears to have been trying to blackmail Widmore with the 815 fakery evidence.

BTW, how did Faraday get off the island so that he could take the submarine back?

And no new Lost next week? Dammit!
Old April 17th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ogata View Post
BTW, how did Faraday get off the island so that he could take the submarine back?
One can assume he left the island via the submarine between 1974 and 1977 (that method of coming and going to island is still valid since the submarine blew up in 2004). Keep in mind that Horace wanted to ship out the 815 gang in the first place, even through that James managed to convince Horace to let the group stay I wouldn't be surprised that Daniel wanted to leave the island for other reasons a few weeks or months after hooking up with the Dharma Initiative on the island. What we the audience don't know is if Daniel's leaving the island was okay with James or not.
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Kanaka

Paul Ogata wrote: " And no new Lost next week?"
There will be a LOST special. The story of the losties will be told "from another perspective".
Nic
http://miceandchips.com/bluemood
Old April 30th, 2009, 03:23 AM
Ali`i

Tonight's episode highlighted Daniel's life.

One thing I couldn't figure out is how did Daniel know actually when the Swan station incident would happen?
Old May 7th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Ali`i

Well Daniel's dead. Sayid popped in to help out, Dr. Chang believes what Daniel said about the future.
Old May 8th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Kanaka

Eloise shot Daniel Faraday, her (future) son. I have a feeling that she is trying to change what happened. Perhaps this is why she shows the lostiest the way to the temple tunnel.
I particularly liked the sentence"And now what?"
Nic
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Ali`i

Talk about cliffhangers! Instead of the usual ending thud and black screen, tonight's ending had a white screen.

Good to see Rose, Bernard and Vincent again. I wonder if Rose and Bernard were aware that they were in the 1977?
Old May 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen View Post
Well Daniel's dead.
In tonight's episode it was indicated that his mom is "hapai" in 1977.

Boom!
Old May 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Kanaka

Yes Ellie was with child. Some time loop!
In the finale what impressed me most were Jacob, and of course the statue. And also this mysterious "man #2" as the list of characters called him, when Mark Pellegrino/Jacob was simply listed as "man #1".
Nic
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:24 AM

Daniel Faraday will be "born again".
Old May 15th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Ali`i

Red face Re: "Lost" - Season 5: Episode & Storyline Discussion

My wife and I blogged our reaction, and there are already 320+ comments on the post. We debated the finale quite thoroughly, with her initial reaction being generally negative. Upon second viewing, though, she's lightened up on it. The "big picture" elements of Jacob and "Anti-Jacob" (or "AJ") stuck in an endless loop of battle using people as pawns was interesting. The use of "love triangles" to create conflicts and changes in character were a lot less successful.