X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawai'i Superferry - Chapter 4

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
    Just set up one of those metered onramp lights you see on California freeways, 2 cars per green. Issue resolved.
    Oh, no, that won't happen. It's far too logical. Better to hire 4 off-duty cops, like the article noted.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Just set up one of those metered onramp lights you see on California freeways, 2 cars per green. Issue resolved.
      Nah, it's better to pay 4 off-duty Maui cops overtime (ka-ching!). Since Judge August's ruling last week stipulated that the DOT had to hire cops to monitor traffic for as long as he said it was necessary, I know at least 4 people on Maui who are very happy with the current situation!

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
        Nah, it's better to pay 4 off-duty Maui cops overtime (ka-ching!). Since Judge August's ruling last week stipulated that the DOT had to hire cops to monitor traffic for as long as he said it was necessary, I know at least 4 people on Maui who are very happy with the current situation!

Miulang
        That's such a typical corrupt way of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post

Utterly ridiculous. If the HSF brings over 800 people, does anyone in their right mind really believe all 800 are going fishing? Sheesh. Let's be generous and say that a dozen people are going fishing. Anyone who thinks that will cause overcrowding or depletion is just stupid.
          Very good point. Many people who did the one-day junket yesterday just made a bee-line to KrispyKreme.

Comment

That's such a typical corrupt way of thinking.
            LOL. I calls it likes I sees it! That's the way the State usually does things. Oh, and the striping that the DOT was supposed to have done prior to HSF landing on Maui at 9:30 yesterday morning was still going on after the boat left, which is not what Judge August stipulated.

Miulang
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by dick View Post
              Very good point. Many people who did the one-day junket yesterday just made a bee-line to KrispyKreme.
              And were they able to reboard the SuperFerry for the trip back?

Comment

Many people who did the one-day junket yesterday just made a bee-line to KrispyKreme.
                And it wasn't that long ago that I was shaking my head in embarrassment for the poor behavior of my fellow mainlanders...

Comment

THERE YOU GO!!! That's the resource the Maui guys are worried that we're going to deplete! That's why so many cops to guard it!

Hahahahaha!
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Very good point.
                    Thanks, Dick.

Many people who did the one-day junket yesterday just made a bee-line to KrispyKreme.
                    Oh, dammit... I shoulda thought of that and placed an order with someone who went. [/slapping self in the head]

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    And it wasn't that long ago that I was shaking my head in embarrassment for the poor behavior of my fellow mainlanders.
                    Huh? We loves our doughnuts here too!

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                    THERE YOU GO!!! That's the resource the Maui guys are worried that we're going to deplete! That's why so many cops to guard it!
                    Hahahahaha!
                    Bruddah Blaine, you nevah wen go yet, yeah? Can get a dozen KK dougnnuts? Glazed, please.

And a new item on the Advertiser site says:
                    Kaua'i Police arrested three men on misdemeanor charges in connection with Sunday night's protest of the Hawaii Superferry at Nawiliwili Harbor, which delayed its arrival by about two hours.
                    According to Kaua'i Police Capt. Scott Yagihara, Justin Wood, 22, of Kapa'a, was arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct; Bomun Bockchung, 28, of Kilauea, on suspicion of harassment, obedience to police officers and obstructing government operations; and Randy Wolfshagen, 49, of Kekaha, on suspicion of obstructing government operations and criminal trespass in the second degree.
                    Like I noted earlier about the photos showing mostly haole protesters, the three names arrested don't sound very local, eh?

And read the charges against Bockchung -- "obedience to police officers"?!?

Interesting that there's still no decision on the injunction and the TRO to stop the SuperFerry trips. TROs can usually be granted immediately, followed by a full hearing a few weeks later. But that's IF the judge felt an immediate TRO was necessary. Apparently the judge didn't feel that way today.
                    Unless court is still in session on the case.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Like I noted earlier about the photos showing mostly haole protesters, the three names arrested don't sound very local, eh?
                      Whoa, whoa, whoa, bruddah LikaNui! Take it easy, brah!

"Blaine Fergerstrom" is a GOOD local name, yah? I tink I betta start calling myself "Palani Fergerstrom" or something, bumbye I goin' get tossed off the ferry for being, uh, "not local"!!!

Comment

Huh? We loves our doughnuts here too!
                        Which is why you gotta find something better than Krappy Kremes. ANY doughnut tastes great when you get 'em hot (which is their primary marketing, of course), but by comparison, KK ranks mighty low in overall quality. (Yes, yes, I'll add 'IMO.')

Unfortunately, I don't really know what options you have there, so I can't make a good alternate recommendation to you yet - maybe a project for my next trip, yeah? Doughnut research - mmmmmmmmmmmmm................. who wants to be my associate?

(Of course, lots of folks will probably suggest that you stick with malasadas or andagi instead. I wouldn't counter that suggestion.)

Oh, and KK has some mighty bad internal corporate practices - but that's not for this thread.

Comment

After the $5 fares die down is it true it's going to cost a couple traveling with a car 300-600 bucks to ride R/T on the SuperFerry?

Aren't the neighbor island package deals (including a rental car) cheaper than that?

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                            After the $5 fares die down is it true it's going to cost a couple traveling with a car 300-600 bucks to ride R/T on the SuperFerry?

Aren't the neighbor island package deals (including a rental car) cheaper than that?
                            Quote for family of 3 plus small car was $630, including tax and the fuel surcharge.

But it works out. The airline fare plus rent a car would have come out to the same thing, or maybe more. We are staying 3 days, so would have had to pay rent a car for each day.

But flying inter-island isn't that much fun or very relaxing. And I get to drive my car as much as I want.

Hey, it's not for everybody, but those who don't want to can travel otherwise. I'd appreciate if they would afford me the same.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                              Quote for family of 3 plus small car was $630, including tax and the fuel surcharge.

But it works out. The airline fare plus rent a car would have come out to the same thing, or maybe more. We are staying 3 days, so would have had to pay rent a car for each day.

But flying inter-island isn't that much fun or very relaxing. And I get to drive my car as much as I want.

Hey, it's not for everybody, but those who don't want to can travel otherwise. I'd appreciate if they would afford me the same.
                              But currently based on airfares ranging anywhere from $1-39 each way, it seems that it's cheaper to remain flying back and forth and that includes renting a car as well. I'm all for the Super Ferry but I think those prices are outrageous can I not get Two Las Vegas package deals for that $630 price??

Aj

Comment

Maybe for short term trips going via plane between the islands might be more cost effective. Long term trips like students going to different islands for their school can now take their car with them would be one example where the SuperFerry would be cost effective.

Comment

Working...
                                X