X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

Chile(Hamburger,onions,celery,bell peppers, Kidney Beans & SPICES) Spaghetti w/sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese!

Yummy!!!

Auntie Lynn
    OMG auntie! *droooooooooooooooooooooool* i've been craving chili spaghetti for two weeks now but i refuse to go to zippy's for it. eric promised me he'd cook his turkey chili with porter/chocolate/cinnamon this week but now that i've seen your pic, i like come your house and have your leftovers, if still get!

last night's dinner was had at au's garden behind diner's in kalihi. they're cheap yet consistently good in the quality of their food. we had the garlic eggplant and the pork ong choy. i forgot to ask them to add harm ha to the ong choy, but eric and i left with very happy tummies regardless.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
      OMG auntie! *droooooooooooooooooooooool* i've been craving chili spaghetti for two weeks now but i refuse to go to zippy's for it. eric promised me he'd cook his turkey chili with porter/chocolate/cinnamon this week but now that i've seen your pic, i like come your house and have your leftovers, if still get!
      You can come! I'll send you my phone number and address PM!

Got the following link for your Ong Choy with Harm Ha!
      http://kaukautime.blogspot.com/2005_06_30_archive.html

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 1, 2007, 07:41 AM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Beef and cheader sandwich with a cup of fruit punch from Arby's.

Comment

Last night was bean soup with carrots, potatoes, turnips and onions.

This morning I'm paying for it
          Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
          Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Leftover chicken katsu and a banana.
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Last night I made tonkatsu with curry sauce (from a mix), and small vegetable salad.

Comment

Dinner was homemade Taco Soup! Oh man, if you haven't had it, google for the recipe and then maybe make some of your own changes.

We found out that the bag of "fifteen beans" works great in it, then use ground sausage and hamburger, black olives, a bit of jalapeno if you like it and can take it, fresh tomatoes chopped if you have time, and a lot of them, either frozen sweet corn or chop your own off the cob for fantastic flavor, mushrooms, man found out they are packed with potassium.

We use several packs of the taco seasoning mix and the powdered Ranch dressing mix, and cheese! gotta have some cheese, for us the sharper cheddar the better.

sometimes we pour this soup, very thick and not so soupy soup.... ...over salsa chips, and sometimes over a raw salad mix. It's versatile, heavenly with cornbread or just alone with your fav. cracker. It's very filling and man, I even had it for breakfast before and I was energetic and moving for hours.

Okay, I just lust the stuff....burp~
                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Okay, you're going to mock me for this (and I deserve it), but Wendy's new BACONATOR (really, it's a title that should always be in all caps) is soooooo wrong it's just about right. Two patties. Six slices of bacon. Two slices of "cheese." On a bun. And that's it. No veggies of any kind, no sauce, no condiments. I had to try one just for the guilt-rush.

It was pretty good, but my curiosity is sated, and I doubt I'll get another. Definitely worth a try, though.
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                    Okay, you're going to mock me for this (and I deserve it), but Wendy's new BACONATOR (really, it's a title that should always be in all caps) is soooooo wrong it's just about right. Two patties. Six slices of bacon. Two slices of "cheese." On a bun. And that's it. No veggies of any kind, no sauce, no condiments. I had to try one just for the guilt-rush.

It was pretty good, but my curiosity is sated, and I doubt I'll get another. Definitely worth a try, though.
                    I fell for it a couple weeks ago, too. As you said - worth one try, not good enough for a repeat performance.

Comment

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 3

Boiled Ham Hocks with Black Eye Beans

Corn Bread, Collard Greens w/Bacon.

Rice

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

Boiled Ham Hocks with Black Eye Beans

Corn Bread, Collard Greens w/Bacon.

Rice

HAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn
                        Boy, that looks good! It's kinda like "Hopping John," a southern dish. I love that stuff.

Tonight, for me, since I feel under the weather, I'm planning on having spicy Korean tofu soup. That always seems to clear up my sinuses and makes me feel good.

Comment

French Dip and small vegetable salad, grapes for dessert

Comment

Seasoned wild Alaskan salmon filet (from Costco!)
                            a coupla slices of avocado
                            fruit salad
                            a wee bit o' chardonnay

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post

Wendy's new BACONATOR...

no sauce....
                              No sauce? Oh man that just killed it for me. I needs me some sauce. I'll stay with my sin that is the Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger (Jack in the Box) that I have once every 4-8 weeks. I try to convince myself that since I have a fruit cup instead of fries with it and an iced tea or bottled water that it's somehow more healthy.
                              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Sauteed (in olive oil) fillet of dover sole with store bought olive tapenade, steamed green beans, leftover homemade mac salad and fresh local strawberries (some of the last of the season ), fresh local blueberries (bumper crop this year for us) and Rainier cherries (about the last of the season for these, too )

Miulang
                                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X