Have you met someone famous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have you met someone famous?

Okay I'm an old guy and not somewhat in tune with today's rap scene, so a few years back when I-94 and KHVH was sharing office space on Queen street I was sitting in the green room prepping for another fun day of talk radio when this large black dude with chains hanging off his neck came in with an entourage of other similarly dressed individuals.

I asked him if he was a contestant with Brown Bags and he laughed then walked into the studios of I-94

Well as it turns out this well dressed man was in fact Baby Face the hip hop record producer being interviewed at the station. When reminded I still didn't know who the heck he was.

Then there was City Councilwoman Ann Kobayashi coming in for an interview at KHVH with Rick Hamada. It was a Saturday morning and she had dressed in shorts, tee shirt, sneakers and no make up.

I thought she was the cleaning lady and told her where the garbage cans were. yeah right Craig, you tell her to go clean up the city and throw out the garbage within!!!

Then I was at Waikiki Theater's two and three where I saw Tom Selleck talking to one of the ushers. I went up and asked for his autograph and he replied that he was Sellecks double. I walked away somewhat embarrassed, then a few days later the photo of Selleck's double appeared in the paper and it didn't even look like Selleck.

Then way back in the late 60's I was building a sand castle at Kahala Beach when this young man with big ears jogging accidently ran into it. He stopped to help me rebuild it when he asked me what he thought of castles? I told him I like to build sand castles. He told me he lived in one, finished helping me fix my sand creation and jogged off.

That night the channel 9 news reported of the Royal family arriving at the then Kahala Hilton (now the Kahala Manderin) and showed a clip of the young man that fixed my sandcastle. His name: Prince Charles.

But the most memorable moment in my life was when the presidential motorcade drove past my Mom and myself along Nimitz Highway before the viaduct was built and I waved at the president. He looked directly in my eyes, pointed at me and smiled. My Mom got all excited and told me to wave back at President John F. Kennedy and I did!
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'm in LA on a job and sat next to Jessica Simpson this afternoon.

Played golf yesterday with the lead character form the old movie North Shore....his name is Matt something.

Going to an industry party tonight. Maybe have some more sightings for you tomorrow.

Comment

Don't forget your autograph book!
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I have not met anyone famous, but I've had some sightings.

In San Francisco, I saw John Ratzenberger (Cliff, from "Cheers") walk by me. He was trying to get directions to someplace.

Also in San Franciso, I saw Michael J. Fox. We were going across one of the bridges, had just gone through the toll-booth, and you're supposed to take turns when the lights change. I turned my head, saw him with his mom (I'm guessing, she was much older). He was in a hurry--and didn't wait for his turn! Maybe he was rushing to the airport.

Oh, also in the Las Vegas airport we saw Magic Johnson with his entourage.

Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Well I was a big "hair band" fan back in the 80's/90's and was amazed how easy it was to meet these guys if you just waited around the back of the arena/venue. My meets are as follows:

Rock Bands: Poison (2x), Tesla, Great White (jerks), Kip Winger (MAJOR jerk) the rest of Winger (totally nice), Trixter, Faster Pussycat, Kiss (2x), Slaughter (3x very nice. Kept in touch with bassist), Pretty Boy Floyd (kept in touch with bassist), Kik Tracee, Tuff (2x), London Quireboys (2x), Gene Loves Jezebel, Extreme (Nuno Bettencort is a major idiot), Tangier, Bang Gang (still talk to the drummer. www.albertart.com), LA Guns, David Lee Roth, Bullet Boys, Mike Tramp from White Lion, Scott Ian from Anthrax, Rachel Bolan from Skid Row. I know I'm probably missing some too.

I was also big into pro wrestling back in the 80/90's and met:

Bret Hart (sigh ), Dustin Rhodes, Sensational Sherri, Jimmy Powers, Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Jim Neidhart, The Barbarian, Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake, Mr. Perfect, Ted DiBiase, Lanny "The Genius" Poffo (Randy Savage's brother) and Bad News Brown.

Who I'd still love to meet....Sam Choy and Kealii Reichel.

Comment

addendum to my list; Mike Conners/Mannix at LAX in the late 80's. Talked breifly with him.
              Jay Leno at Montecito Polo grounds when the Concours d' Elegance was in town early 90's or so.

At ala moana shopping center, met and talked with Glen Cannon:
              District Attorney John Manicote in Hawaii 5-0 for 10 years, Dr. Ibold in Magnum PI for 8 years, and principal appearances on Jake and the Fatman, Miracle Landing, and other TV series and films shot in Hawaii.
              President of the Hawaii branch of Screen Actors Guild,1989-present.

Comment

Originally posted by Kauaibound
                Well I was a big "hair band" fan back in the 80's/90's and was amazed how easy it was to meet these guys if you just waited around the back of the arena/venue. My meets are as follows:

Rock Bands: Poison (2x), Tesla, Great White (jerks), Kip Winger (MAJOR jerk) the rest of Winger (totally nice), Trixter, Faster Pussycat, Kiss (2x), Slaughter (3x very nice. Kept in touch with bassist), Pretty Boy Floyd (kept in touch with bassist), Kik Tracee, Tuff (2x), London Quireboys (2x), Gene Loves Jezebel, Extreme (Nuno Bettencort is a major idiot), Tangier, Bang Gang (still talk to the drummer. www.albertart.com), LA Guns, David Lee Roth, Bullet Boys, Mike Tramp from White Lion, Scott Ian from Anthrax, Rachel Bolan from Skid Row. I know I'm probably missing some too.
                Wow, no kidding you met a lot of the 80's glam/metal rockers. You don't happen to frequent Metalsludge.com too?
                I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

LOL...yes I have it bookmarked but only check there about every 3-4 months to do a massive catch up to see what's going on with some of my favorite teen obsessions. Was heartbroken to see that CC Deville from Poison was going to jail for a few months but that is a neat site for 80's rock fans to keep up with the good and the bad.

I knew I forgot one, School of Fish. They weren't real big and were alternative more than rock but still a great group and the lead singer was very nice.

Some of the people I had no real desire to meet or see (Winger, Tuff, Tangier, Skid Row and Anthrax were not my cup of tea) but I went with friends and met them by association. And for the record...I never met them by...er..."unmoral" means .
                  Last edited by Kauaibound; December 24, 2005, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I work at the Cheesecake Factory where lots of stars come in

Cindy Crawford, not very kind person.
                    Gary Sinese, Lt. Dan from forrest Gump, super nice and very regular dude
                    Anthony Robbins, motivational speaker, he has the biggest noggin I have ever seen on a human being, his head is twice the size of regular man, he is okay to talk to, just very reserved, tips well
                    Bill Gates and family, he is such a nerd....his wife is cold and distant, nobody recognized them.
                    Jack Nicholson, super cool.......super sweet

For more infor on stars and how they really are in person, go to bitterwaitress.com this is the best web site with great stories you will die laughing, because, lets face it, the food server knows all the dirt.....

Comment

• Re: Have you met someone famous?

Yes and no, it was Tom Selleck. It was in January 1986, the grand opening at Rene's Night Club. It was by invitaion only, by the DJ of that night club. The whole cast of Magnum PI was there producers and writers too. I made eye to eye contact with Tom and he gave me slight smile. He sat across the next table facing me. I was able to take pictures with him along with my sister other friends. My sister has the picture and cannot find the negative, come to think of it, I'm going to email her and have scan the picture and send it to me.

Then I saw him again, filming on Fort Street Mall on a series of when, it was going to be his 40th Birthday, on the show. I did not know I was in it, my girlfriend told me she saw me walking by in the background. I was getting off of work on my way to the catch the bus to go home. I never saw the show, but I do remember walking right pass him in town.
                      Faith, the evidence of things not seen, but things that are hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by luvbuni420
                        I work at the Cheesecake Factory where lots of stars come in

Cindy Crawford, not very kind person.
                        I too had a negative Cindy Crawford sighting. I saw her throw a tantrum in an airport.

My first celebrity sighting was Arnold Schwarzenegger in Aspen when I was a kid. I remember he was shorter than my dad, who is 5'11" with cowboy boots on.

I went to the Sundance Film Festival a few years ago and saw dozens of celebrities, was almost run over by Steve Young, and chatted with Roger Ebert, Julianne Moore, Goran Visnjic (who is HOT in person) and exchanged hangover remedies with Donal Logue. Ben Affleck knocked down my friend as he was rushing somewhere and though he apologized, he didn't stop to help her pick up all the belongings she dropped.

I briefly met Jon Bon Jovi at the 2002 Winter Olympics, but I was all alone and had no one to share it with!

Not counting "Lost" cast members (I see Hurley everywhere I go), my most recent sighting was David Hasselhoff at Turtle Bay. He was teaching his daughter to surf.

Comment

Back in 2004 my friends and I hung out with Jack Osbourne (Ozzy's son) and his friends when there were here in Hawaii. My friends and I were at the W and ended up in the VIP room with Jack and his friends. We ended up hanging out with them all night. He is a pretty mellow guy and his friends were really cool! We weren't groupies or anything like that but it was a little weird cuz he was like I don't know maybe 18 at the time and we were all 25 and older!!

I have seen Jason Momoa (hope I am spelling his name right). My friend and I were eating lunch at a little hole in da wall place downtown when Jason walks in and eats lunch right beside us. He had dreads at this time and I wasn't really diggin that look on him. But I was all nervous and was tryin to check him out He is such a cutie!

Back in my teenage days, my friends and I were cruisin Waikiki after a Snoop Dog concert one night. We were blastin the radio with a Snoop Dog song when all of a sudden Snoop Dog and a whole bunch of other rappers were riding mopeds beside us. They loved it!!! That was cool!!

Originally posted by Pikake
                          I did VIP and met:
                          Keanu Reeves ( Got his autograph on my partially nude photo that I used on my tip jar; also worked on numerous occasions with his cousin Haoli Reeves who was my barback at the time he's the one that help get the autograph)
                          I envy you so much I love Keanu Reeves and would love to meet him!! Everyone knows that Keanu is my man! I would never date a guy that much older than me but I would definitely make an exception for Keanu.... So Keanu if you are reading this ..... HAHAHHA

Comment

I met Shawn Ching twice. He is gorgous in person and really nice and friendly. Both times I was able to take a picture with him.

Comment

I've met my fair share of famous people...let me see...

The Cure
                              (this was by far my favorite meeting of famous peeps.)

Q-Bert (drum and bass dj)

Henry Rollins

Ogre, singer for Skinny Puppy. But I met him when he was touring with a band called Pigface at a place called City Gardens in Trenton, NJ (which we fondly called Shitty Gardens).

I hung out with Korn on their tour bus. A friend and I were driving past where they were playing (this was back in 1996) and their tourbus was parked out front. I pulled over, ran to the bus, knocked on the door and said "Is this Korn's bus?". The driver was like yeah, if you wait like 20 seconds they'll be right out. So we did, and they invited us to hang out. The singer got on the bus, took a handful of sleeping pills and passed out somewhere in the back. *shrugs*

Jesus Jones, some early 90's band at a record signing.

Isaac Brock, of Modest Mouse, my husband and I met him after their show and he signed some stuff.

Pretty much all of the members of Spoon, after their show. They signed our ticket stubs.

The singer for Faith No More, I can't remember his name right now though.

That's it. I think.

Comment

I believe Mike Patton is the lead singer of Faith No More, a great underrated band from the 90's who you can hear some of their songs on commercials today like their version of the Commodores "Easy".

I saw them open up for Metallica and Guns N Roses, yes they all performed in one night at the Phoenix International Raceway in summer of 1992 or 1993.

There must have been no curfew ordered for that concert because I swear Axl Rose did not come out onto the stage until around 2am in the morning!!

After we got home from the show it must have been about 7am in the morning
                                as the highway was backed up all night because a drunk person drowned in one of the river beds.

KalihiBoy

Comment

Working...
                                X