Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Stop: Zippy's... in Hilo

Zippy’s coming to Hilo
    One of Hawai`i’s most popular eateries will be coming to Hilo next year when Zippy’s Restaurants opens its 26th Hawai`i location at the Prince Kuhio Plaza. Zippy’s Hilo is expected to open in Summer 2013 and will feature a fast food counter, dine in restaurant, and a Napoleon’s Bakery including its Hot & Fresh operation, specializing in “made to order” malasadas.
    If there was indeed a "gentleman's agreement" between the owners of Zippy's and Cafe 100 to keep Zippy's out of the Big Island market, it's no longer in place!

Re: Next Stop: Zippy's... in Hilo

When my Hilo friends come to Oahu, Zippy's is the first place they want to eat. Now where will I take them?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Competition is good. Choice is good. Zippy's is good. If Cafe 100 wants to remain in the game, they need to step it up now.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        When my Hilo friends come to Oahu, Zippy's is the first place they want to eat. Now where will I take them?
        Rainbow Drive-In? Nico's at Pier 38?

Originally posted by mel View Post
        Competition is good. Choice is good. Zippy's is good. If Cafe 100 wants to remain in the game, they need to step it up now.
        Definitely. I think Ken's might also see some effects, since they pretty much own the "overnight munchies" space. But Zippy's prices have gone up way faster than the quality or service (and faster than costs, IMHO), and on that front Ken's can't be beat.

Comment

Working...
        X