So now I know why people love FRY's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So now I know why people love FRY's

Yes, we need Fry's and Ikea here. One bad thing about the major stores finally making it to Hawaii is that shopping on the mainland isn't as exciting as it used to be. I remember when almost all mainland shopping trips were unique experiences.

Comment

Well after six years of Big Island Living, shopping in LA was fun for me, so the six hour layover in Honolulu was kinda lacklusture.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I visited Fry's in Vegas in October. It was my last day there and I wish I had more time to look around.

Kinda like trying to see and absorb the Big Island in one or two days...cannot.

Comment

whenever eric and i go to portland to visit my mom, we HAVE to make the one and a half hour drive away to fry's in wilsonville at least once. i learned after our first visit that i should always wear extremely comfortable sneakers with back support padding when we go, bcs (1) they have cement floors and (2) we'll be there for several hours. by hour three, i start thinking about waiting for eric in the van, like how he waits for me when i hit ala moana or target when we know i'll be shopping for an hour.

the analogy we use is that fry's is to eric what sephora, tiffany's & gucci all in one store would be to me.
          superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Yeah, let's petition to get Fry's to Hawaii. The computer related supply in Hawaii is a joke.
            kiddori

Comment

Newegg is a decent consolation, but it would be nice to have a brick and mortar store like Fry's!

Comment

Working...
              X