Venison Recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison Recipes?

Howzit! I went bowhunting last week and filled my deer tag! We've been eating venison almost everynight and I'm out of ways to cook it up! So here I am hoping there is a great local way to cook up some for tonights meal...
    Any ideas??

Re: Venison Recipes??

Sorry my "DEAR," I dunno how!

HAHAHAHA

1500 Venison Recipes
    http://www.pastrywiz.com/archive/category/venison.htm

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Simple, quick, tasty....

Brown some ground venison with taco seasoning. Take a Caserole dish and line the bottom with white rice. Pour the taco venison over top. Smother with grated cheese. Bake at 350 till the cheese is all melty. EAT!!

My wife and I used to love making cheese steaks out of venison also. Gotta make sure to use Cheeze Wiz though. And Ketchup! (sp?)

The BEST way to have venison though IMHO takes a whole lot of work and some equipment. My father inlaw smokes his own Venison keilbasa. Killer!
      -kp!

Comment

Like Kungpao suggested, SMOKE 'EM! THE go-to method for wild game.

Marinate cut pieces of the meat in shoyu, sugar, ginger, garlic & a couple pieces of Hawaiian Chili Pepper (adjusted to your liking) for a 2-3 days, then throw it in the smoker with Kiawe wood for 4 hours at low temperature. Slice-up and enjoy with poi, or as a pupu with your favorite beverage.

Or grind up the meat and make Venison Burgers like they do at Kiawe Grill.
        Last edited by Pomai; October 9, 2007, 11:44 AM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

My neighbor just gave me some venison chops the other day.

I soaked them overnight in Worshteshire Sauce, Shoyu, Hawaiian Ono Drizzle (spicy pineapple oil), a little salt & pepper.

Cooked them up on the grill last night and they were so delicious! Easy, fast, and ono!
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

This won't be ready for tonight, but you could try jerking the venison.
            Btw, congratulations!

Comment

AhhhRight! All of these sound way better than what I was doing! Can't wait to try em!

I just recieved permission to bowhunt 400+ acres of private land on the Skagit River in Washington for Elk. With a little luck and hard work I may have 400-600 lbs of Elk in the freezer anyday!

Comment

Re: Venison Recipes?

Leave Rudolph's parents alone! It's almost Christmas!

Juss joking.

Auntie Lynn
                Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Step one: game care. The hand that touches the hide never touches the meat. That's the golden rule from Koele Company's best hunting guide on Lanai.

As for recipes: I slice it thin, marinate it lightly in teriyaki sauce. Then cook it up very briefly on a tabletop grille.

The stuff almost literally disappears at parties -- until you tell them what it is! :-)

We got elk here in Hawaii but you can't hunt 'em. They're easily found in Waikiki drinking beer near the Outrigger Canoe Club...

Good luck on the hunt!

Comment

I usually either smoke em or make sausage, but a friend in TN. showed me this one : Soak over night in Italian dressing in a ziploc and put em on the grill. Bugga is ONO! BTW Congrads on your filling your tag.

Comment

Growing up in Kalihi and my dad and his buddies used to go molokai for deerhunting and bring home da meat he used to makem teriyaki style and bulgogi style.

he would slicem thin and marinatem for like a few days with da basic teriyaki or kalbi sauce marinade.

den pan fry with canola oil and serve with steam white rice!! ono!!!
                      Reggie aka pinakboy
                      Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
                      Raw Eats Veggie Videos
                      Recipe Tube TV!
                      Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

Working...
                      X