Mmmmm...brownies and hamhock soup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mmmmm...brownies and hamhock soup!

Craig, when you say "diced radish", do you mean the leetle red radishes or daikon or some other kind of radish?

Comment

Re: Mmmmm...brownies!

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      [...]Oh and Sue, yeah the Stock Market is bad but when things go south it's even more important than ever to stick to your budget to weather out any fiscal calamity.[...]
      Hence the... ! Suzi Orman said pretty much the same thing on Oprah last Monday.

The hamhock soup sounds great. I need to start crocking again! I used to subscribe to this crockpot recipe group and should probably do it again. Now, to find my crockpot!

Comment

It's common sense to follow a budget anytime. Some good advice I tell my boy who's preparing for Afghanistan is to fall back on your training when all hell breaks loose and you're pinned down in enemy fire. It's easy to lose control and rely on instinct when under stress, but that's exactly the time to follow thru on training. It'll save his life.

In a budget the same rule applies. Easy to break away and do things that feel right at the time, but a good budget allows for tough times and those who follow one weather any financial crisis better than those that don't.

And Adri, when I say diced radish, I mean the little red ones. peel them first and cube them into 1/2" squares.

Honoruru, you can add sausage. Any kind will do, I've added portuguese sausage to my soup before and it comes out good but with the ham or hamhock you really don't need to.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
          What a dillemma, MagicJack or that really cool pan! My splurge budget won't allow for both so I gotta decide...what a predicament
          To help you decide, you may want to ask yourself: "Will It Blend?"
          Originally posted by Adri View Post
          Sounds good Craig! Now I want hamhock soup
          Thank gawd the thread's title wasn't a single dish - bleah!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            /snip Thank gawd the thread's title wasn't a single dish - bleah!
            What, you got sumthin' against brownies?

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
              What, you got sumthin' against brownies?
              Only in soup form. Too stringy. Try Bluebirds instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                Only in soup form. Too stringy. Try Bluebirds instead.
                But if you used a Blendtek blender (will it blend?) you'd eliminate the stringiness.
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Working...
                X