Trouble at the Tribune-Herald

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble at the Tribune-Herald

Maybe it's because there are several S-B employees who have participated in HT forums for some time, and have been very open and honest about their affiliation with that paper; whereas recently, the toe-in-the-water visits from HW & Adv staffers have included personal attacks and extremely defensive behavior in their very first posts.

That type of behavior right out of the box will get ANYONE slapped down, not just newspaper employees. If you're going to come in with guns blazing, don't whine if someone wings you right back.

Comment

This isn't Jerry Springer. This is a public forum to discuss topics focusing on print media. I'm just saying we should extend common courtesy to all posters and comments.
      Remember the reason for this thread is to discuss the firings at the Tribune.
      As for the phrasing, "slapped down," like I said, it's always funny when print journalists try to get all big and bad. Again, people, the toughest person in the room is MadAzz.
      Mad rocks!

Comment

"Common courtesy" is extended to those who extend it themselves.

Jeffrey Green: "Frankly HT has become rather stale with the same old crowd talking about the same old stuff."

Chris Haire: "the local media section of HawaiiThreads.com is a source for the knitting-circle chatter of lonely-heart hacks and wannabe journalists."

Nice to see you as our new moderator, Middleman, but we already have some excellent ones on-board.

Comment

if you can't take a licking and keep on ticking.... time to buy a new watch... err... um find a board that is less offending that is...

I give my lickings... I take my lickings...

The main thing is... that we are allowed to have our views. They might not be the views of others... however, they are often times thoughts... and thoughts are not necessarily facts.

A Website like this in some countries might have some of us hung by what we have posted!!

Comment

For the past six years, the employees at the Star-Bulletin have been under daily assault by the largest newspaper chain in the world, a corporation that has vowed to kill us by any means possible, and has broken the law to do so. The employees who have survived this beating tend to be pretty feisty if not downright snappish. It's combat fatigue.
            But like the topic title says, trouble at the Tribune-Herald. Wish we could hear from some of THEIR staff for some skinny.
            Last edited by buzz1941; May 10, 2006, 11:39 AM.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941
              Like the topic title says, trouble at the Tribune-Herald. Wish we could hear from some of THEIR staff for some skinny.
              They're probably too busy actually working on their jobs, unlike all you lazy bums at the S-B, who spend all your time posting to HT.

(I'm kidding, okay?)

Comment

Originally posted by Middleman
                The only tough person in print journalism is MadAzz.
                Judging by your posts, it seems like you and MadAzza know each other... and I bet you're a MiddleWOMAN, not a Middleman...

And she's the only tough person in print? LOL... go tell that to the cops reporters, or the guys in sports.

Comment

I was wondering about that too. BTW Maddie...thanks for printing my editorial on the tax surplus and correcting my grammer Maddie Rocks
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                    Judging by your posts, it seems like you and MadAzza know each other... and I bet you're a MiddleWOMAN, not a Middleman...

And she's the only tough person in print? LOL... go tell that to the cops reporters, or the guys in sports.

I think we might know each other, too, but I actually have no idea who Middleman is.

As far as that other comment ... yaaaah, put 'em up, Palolo Joe!

Comment

Maddie ROCKS!

aUNTIE pUpule
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I think the Mad Rocks! campaign is going to take off.

Comment

I think the Mad Rocks! campaign is going to take off.
                          Yep! She sure would have a better chance beating Lingle den the sacraficial Lamb running!

Auntie pUpUle
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Of course MadAzz is the only tough person in print journalism.
                            Let's not confuse cop writers with cops or sports writers with athletes.
                            Legend has it MadAzz wiped out on a motorcycle, dusted off the gravel and lived to ride another day. That's tough. That's Mad. Mad rocks!

Comment

Maddie's under the weather right now. Send some positive vibes her way.
                              Burl Burlingame
                              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Of course MadAzz is the only tough person in print journalism.
                                Let's not confuse cop writers with cops or sports writers with athletes.
                                Legend has it MadAzz wiped out on a motorcycle, dusted off the gravel and lived to ride another day. That's tough. That's Mad. Mad rocks!
                                Had to check in here: Once upon a time, one of the SB sports writers rode a bull, then went back to write about it. Does that qualify as tough?

http://starbulletin.com/2001/07/02/features/story1.html

I sure as hell wouldn't try that.

Blaine
                                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X