Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Troubling development in TV News

Originally posted by Erika Engle
    Nevertheless, it does seem that many advertisers and media outlets could care less about what Garfield called the wealthiest generation in the history of America -- Baby Boomers.
    (or; "couldn't care less".
    either or, nowdays.)

They are marketing to those with too much money and not enough sense.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      I dig. but be careful... i almost see it comin round da bend:
      "wot? You don't want running water, electricity...?!"
      The condo bylaws will prevent me from going too far over the edge! Well, that, and I never did like camping!

Comment

je'like Woody Allen sez:

"the outdoors?! I don't like the outdoors. To me the outdoors is just where you keep the car."

Comment

"Camping" is when you step down from a 5-star hotel to just a 4-star hotel.

I know this is true. My ex-wife told me so.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            je'like Woody Allen sez:

"the outdoors?! I don't like the outdoors. To me the outdoors is just where you keep the car."
            'Fraid Woody and I woulda never gotten along! What's life without the beach? And, what's life without a nice, hot shower and electricity to power the tv and computer...just a stone's throw from the beach?

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
              You're kidding, right?
              I'm dead serious... why fight it?

What are you gonna do? Tell the mega million dollar corporate leaders who now control the media how to do their job differently?

Comment

More news on the video news release front: A roundup of television newsrooms' use of selected video news releases (VNRs) and satellite media tour (SMT) "interviews." It's from the Center for Media and Democracy; click on the story's link and it will tell you what stations ran it, whether it was identified as PR, and what its source was. Useful info for cynics.
                http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

especially the Victoria's Secret one
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I was poking around there and found a pdf file of a spreadsheet which sorts the TV stations which used these by state.

Congratulations to our local stations: not a single one of the VNRs the Center checked had been used by any station in Hawai'i.

It should be said the Center makes no claim to have checked or even known of all the VNRs which got sent to local news outlets, but nonetheless this is encouraging news.
                    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Working...
                    X