No Bush Kick Back For You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Bush Kick Back For You!

Aww heck, Ocean, why does it matter which account it's going into? Surely your wife shares.

I know I'll be calling the bank tonight before I crash since we're in an earlier time zone, and seeing if a direct deposit's been made yet.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
      Aww heck, Ocean, why does it matter which account it's going into? Surely your wife shares.

I know I'll be calling the bank tonight before I crash since we're in an earlier time zone, and seeing if a direct deposit's been made yet.
      In any event, I wish you a boat load of $$$$ ....... and soon!

Comment

Ocean, I wish the same for you!

I phoned the bank last night and it's before ten AM and just phoned again. Nope...no auto-deposit, yet.

Comment

I wonder how much Dubbya spends in a day on transportation, food, clothing, phone service, internet. $600? $1,200?

How can I think this man understands that the $1,800 we are getting for our family is being used to pay down debt? What does he want us to do? Go out to dinner? Buy a fur coat? Spend the weekend in a hotel? How about gas, groceries and a mortgage payment? I won't turn it down, but be realistic about where it's all going!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

It's in the bank! Phoned today and 1200. was direct deposited sometime since I called yesterday.

Lava, I think he knows. There's millions of us and he's hoping many of us go shopping. Really, it's a dang miracle we got even this, so like you I won't refuse it, and am thankful for it.

Comment

Well at least he's giving it back to you instead of putting it in a social subsidy program where it'll eventually be used as an EBT purchase to buy cigarettes and liquor from the corner mom and pop store. Heck $1800 is better than nothing at all. That money is to offset the money that will go to your mortgage payment, gas and groceries.

Hey it's your president telling you, "Look I know times are bad so here's a few hundred of your hard earned tax dollars for you to spend. Have a good time and enjoy life for that moment".

Or you can do the Democratic thing and spit in his face after you cashed it. Remember, it is your money, you deserve to spend it. Bush is allowing you to have that opportunity. It may be a bit selfish, but heck the gap group wage earners can use a break now and then, welfare recipients get they subsidy and free medical. It's about time middle-class "bulk of the tax income" folk get some kind of reward for their efforts.

If you feel your Economic Stimulus Package check should go to the poor, then donate it. I'm sure the person or organization receiving it will be more appreciative of it than those who feel this check is a waste of money.

So where is all that money going? Back into the economy where it's needed. If you spend it retail wise it'll go to the companies that employ workers, investors that keep corporations alive and well (remember no takers for Aloha Airlines).

If you put it in the bank, those banks can be more resiliant to economic hard times and make it easier to loan money to those who need it.

If you pay your electric bill with it (like me) it keeps HECO in the black instead of the red where it would have to ask for a rate increase.

So if you spend it or save it, it has an impact on our economy.
              Last edited by craigwatanabe; April 29, 2008, 07:54 PM.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I'm not spitting in the president's face. I just think his own existence is very far removed from the reality of America. I donate to the poor. Although a lot of times I feel like I am the poor, I know there are those who are in a very difficult place.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

As of ten minutes ago, no appearance of either the tax return or the stimulus payment in the bank account.

Comment

Hurrah, lavagal.

Just a couple of nights ago, the AF & I were discussing the ESP, and what we plan to do with ours. Since, as many people have pointed out, it is our money to do with as we wish, we are donating it to a number of charitable and non-profit causes.

Since our political viewpoints differ greatly from those of our current President, the majority of the recipients of our largesse (!) are likely to be causes of which he would not approve.

Spit in his face? Not at all. In fact, we appreciate his efforts to support those causes so much, we might even make said contributions in his honor.

Comment

Ocean, I could be wrong but I think.....that you will get your return first, and then the rebate at a later date.

Have you been waiting long for the rebate? did you file by April 15? We filed back in Feb. and had our return direct deposited within ten? or less days, can't recall but if you have waited for direct deposit more than ten days I'd be on the phone and emailing around, asking what the deal is.

Comment

A few times, I've had to file for extensions. But, not this year. I was done a week early and did not have to do that just-before-midnight run to the post office.

In fact, one thing I promised myself was to not ever risk being "interrogated" by the TV reporters as to why I procrastinated. To be seen on TV by my friends for that would be humiliating!

Comment

I filed my federal tax forms in late March and I got my tax refund about a week ago. I haven't received the rebate yet.

Comment

I filed in early April, just a few days before the deadline (not my usual m.o. - but it's been a busy year), and my refund arrived today - fewer than three weeks have passed.

Comment

Ocean, procrastinating on taxes...humiliating??

Sounds more like a badge of honor type of thing. The only reason we filed in Feb.was to get past it and forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                                Ocean, procrastinating on taxes...humiliating??

Sounds more like a badge of honor type of thing. The only reason we filed in Feb.was to get past it and forget it.
                                Believe me, if I ever appeared on one of those TV interviews for that, I'd NEVER hear the end of it. NEVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X