Dave Lawrence: Change at KPOI-FM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dave Lawrence: Change at KPOI-FM

I luv this thread and only found it tonight. I didn't realize Dave's not here anymore, till now. Been too dang busy, surfing FM in my car and yet I shoulda realized he was gone cuz I have gotten music in the afternoons. Much as I like to reminisce I have to be in the mood for it, and not just wanting music like to workout to, or make my drive seem quicker. I used to always find Dave TALKING.....sigh, again! I would think...when I wanted the tunes. If I was in the mood to memory-trip then sure he sounded like a nice dude and a fellow fan.

I lived in the 'burbs of San Antonio in the 70s and we had a truly and literal "free form" radio station, KEXL FM and it was on the grounds of the then-worlds fairgrounds, and was a beautiful place to hangout on weekend nights and party. I even brought in a new year there, but the music...ANY and all rock went, the dj's had true freedom in what to play and it was every rocker's favorite at the time. They played obscure and demos that never saw sunlight anywhere else, as well as all of what are now classics and brought them to us in any order whatsoever. To me, THAT was real radio.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Working...
    X