Aloha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aloha

Glad to have found this forum. Looking forward to reading more posts and replies.
    Communication-Skills Tutorial for Teachers

Re: Aloha

This was a happening spot at one time, Kerry. Hopefully more of the regulars come back.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Hi TuNnL,

Perhaps we can generate some interesting and valuable conversations.

I'm wanting to test some premises and thought this might be a good place to elicit feedback; I'm considering publishing some of my research.

Where would be the best section to ask for feedback?

Kerry

Comment

I posted a "Need feedback for article" on "The Classroom" category.

I have another article that I'd like some feedback about: is asking feedback about sensitive/controversial educational subject matter an OK use of this forum? I don't want to misuse the forum. Myself, I find such conversations stimulating.

Thanks, Kerry
        Leadership-Relationship Communication-Skills Coach

Comment

welcome!
          after trying to read and comprehend your other post I gave up lol we have smart people here but you might have to dumb it down to entice more replies.
          don't give up!
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Thanks Ron,

. . . after trying to read and comprehend your other post I gave up lol we have smart people here but you might have to dumb it down to entice more replies. don't give up!

It's an ago thing. Me, thinking that what I have to say will make a difference, worse, that communication is about words.

Much appreciation—I'll keep brevity and simplicity in mind.

With aloha, Kerry

P.S. Are you an educator?

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry View Post
              Thanks Ron, It's an ago thing. Me, thinking that what I have to say will make a difference, worse, that communication is about words.
              Much appreciation—I'll keep brevity and simplicity in mind.
              With aloha, Kerry
              P.S. Are you an educator?
              thx for caring and sharing, Kerry, it's great to see somebody new posting thoughtfully about important issues. I appreciate your posts, sadly my reading and comprehension has declined to Dick And Jane levels along with my willingness in a daunting read such as yours lol I'd hope others like Tun will pick up the slack to joust with you and expound on the topics you put up so someone like me can piece it all together. plainly I am not an educator but don't mind being educated, after the 6th grade in the mid '60s I went surfing and got my higher education on the streets knowing the political / justice / military system was completely corrupted and rigged against the citizenry. keep pounding away and maybe you'll make a difference around here.

Comment

Hi Ron,

As a poser, a wannabe educator, I hold that it's never ever the student's fault, that as teachers it's our responsibility to communicate.

It sounds as though we both were/are missing the experiences of having been in-communication with our "teachers."* It's important to point out that it's not a teacher's fault, they are only introduced to the fundamentals and principles of communication, all must then practice on students. Because education majors aren't required to study the correlation between personal integrity and outcomes (one of six communication variables not taught in schools) they cannot teach the subject of integrity, other than from their good ideas, not from direct personal experience.

I admire your willingness to tell the truth, to humble and expose yourself.

With aloha, Kerry

* Most of us can only recall one or two truly impactful teachers K-12. I believe what's needed are Weekly Teacher Rating Forms. "On a scale of 1- 10 rate all these teachers. Principals would know that teachers who consistently received lots of 1's, & 2's would be unconsciously asking to be coached.

Comment

if schools were teaching us what we needed to know to overcome life's bogus obstacles and how to succeed in business and entrepreneurship I may have found more interest but when I hit Jr. High and they said algebra I said see ya! lol I knew I'd never need much of that kind of crap and only stuck around half the time cos of girls, friends, shop, and sports but habitual truancy made it difficult, however there were a few standout teachers who helped balance my hate with hope and desires. that was a very different time and sadly teachers are now considered the enemy by a sliver of society, a very vocal cadre of immature adults who want a indoctrination instead of education and grind down the teaching profession by stifling their pay and endless condemnation. as usual it's all political and the bums won a long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X