Restaurants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants?

I am creating my very first poll and I would like your reactions to it. The question is do you prefer fast-food restaurants or sit down and order restaurants? I hope my poll works.

For me, I have to say that if I am on the run I prefer fast food restaurants and if I have some time I love to go into a sit down and order restaurant.
    fast food
    12.50%
    sit down
    87.50%
    Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Re: Restaurants?

I prefer sit down -- simply because the quality is better.

Comment

Are you BORED?

Ok. Sit down foa me.

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by achow View Post
        I am creating my very first poll and I would like your reactions to it. The question is do you prefer fast-food restaurants or sit down and order restaurants?
        Since I tend to eat alone, I prefer the fast food or take out places, but once in a while I might eat at a sit down restaurant.

I hope my poll works.
        As a suggestion you could add the following choices:

"either choice" or "all of the above"
        "No opinion or don't eat out"
        Last edited by helen; January 25, 2007, 10:34 PM. Reason: changing the order

Comment

I sit down at the fast food restaurants.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            Since I tend to eat alone, I prefer the fast food or take out places, but once in a while I might eat at a sit down restaurant.

Mahalo...I will add that to my poll now...
            Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post

Ever seen the movie "The Lonely Guy" with Steve Martin? There was that scene where he'd go into a restaurant to eat alone, so he'd bring a clipboard and pretend to be a food critic.

But when it comes to dining out I prefer sit down. It's more relaxing plus with a big family it's easier to have the food come to me and not having to juggle three trays of burgers, fries and drinks, although lateley it's been drive thrus and dining in the comfort of our AstroVan with the Dual DVD player running to keep the kids quiet.

So advice for you single 20-something year olds...enjoy your youth and wear condoms or else it's minivan time for you and your clan.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by PoiBoy View Post
                Hilarious! lol!

At Zippy's take-out counter (fast food), I sit down to wait for my order, then leave to eat my food elsewhere.

Seriously, as far as polls, helen pointed out an important suggestion of creating an "all of the above" or "none of the above" option.

For that, I'd say "all of the above" to your question, as it depends on the situation, with no particular preference to dine-in or take out. Both have their pros and cons.

For instance, Tony Roma's in Waikiki. I really love the cozy ambiance and chatter of neighboring guests. Although you can order take-out, I much more enjoy dining in. While I pay more becuase of the need to tip, it's worth the service, ambiance and food served fresh 'n hot outta' the kitchen.

But you know, although Jack in the Box isn't known for "ambiance", sometimes dining in there has a romance all its own. Especially after midnight. lol
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I should add that I prefer buffets, and I don't eat more than average. You get "sit down restaurant food" fast, plus you can choose exactly what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                    I should add that I prefer buffets, and I don't eat more than average. You get "sit down restaurant food" fast, plus you can choose exactly what you want.
                    What if you could "take out" at a (sit down) buffet restaurant? That would be great!!

Man, I'd be "ordering" at Willow's every day!...

"Excuse me sir, you can't take that much poke."

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                      What if you could "take out" at a (sit down) buffet restaurant? That would be great!!
                      There are a lot of Indian restaurants in various parts of the USA that allow you to take one reasonably sized container's worth of food and pay appropriately.

Comment

Hilarious! lol!

At Zippy's take-out counter (fast food For instance, Tony Roma's in Waikiki. I really love the cozy ambiance and chatter of neighboring guests. Although you can order take-out, I much more enjoy dining in. While I pay more becuase of the need to tip, it's worth the service, ambiance and food served fresh 'n hot outta' the kitchen.

But you know, although Jack in the Box isn't known for "ambiance", sometimes dining in there has a romance all its own. Especially after midnight. lol

When Roy's first opened up in Hawaii Kai after eating Roy came out and asked us how everything was (I was in a media group). I asked him about the sound levels and he said he wanted lots of sound from diners instead of a subdued atmosphere. It is a bit loud at that restaurant and that's the way he likes it.
                        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

lol! That's so funny!

Like most of you, I would prefer sit-down restaurants over fast-food ones. However, if we had limited time or a fast-food restaurant was practically the only place we could find, my 'ohana and I would go to a fast-food restaurant.
                          'Alika

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                            When Roy's first opened up in Hawaii Kai after eating Roy came out and asked us how everything was (I was in a media group). I asked him about the sound levels and he said he wanted lots of sound from diners instead of a subdued atmosphere. It is a bit loud at that restaurant and that's the way he likes it.
                            It is indeed quite noisy, chatter-wise, at Roy's. Which might take many by surprise at first impression. But ooooohhh that appetizer menu. One of the best in the state. It's like Side Street Inn on steroids, with a view of Maunalua bay to boot!
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Me, too...in my car!
                              Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                              I'm the opposite. When I have the time to go to a restaurant I want to sit down and be served. Guess that comes from serving myself so much of the time over so many years! Plus, I don't eat much food at a sitting so, for the most part, a buffet is a waste of my money. That said...I REALLY enjoyed the buffet at Todai last month and would be happy to go back. Whatta selection! And, there's a reasonably priced Sunday brunch with oceanside dining that I really, really like! Otherwise I tend to pass on buffets if I have any input into the decision!
                              It is indeed quite noisy, chatter-wise, at Roy's. Which might take many by surprise at first impression.[...]
                              I have many friends who won't go to Roy's because of the noise. Their chief complaint is it's hard to converse with people at one's own table! Different strokes, I guess!

Comment

Working...
                              X