Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Potato chips?

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
    Alohabear, I looove ketchup chips but by the East Coast brand Herrs. My best friend from New York got me addicted to them!

This is where I get my ketchup chips. I need a new shipment though. Yum!
    Thanks for the link:9
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

I wonder how this tastes.

Also, Kerrs seems to have a lot of variety to choose from.

Kettle Chips have some wild flavors, too. Spicy Thai, Cheddar Beer, Buffalo Bleu, Roasted Red Pepper with Goat Cheese....

http://www.kettlefoods.com/

Comment

Right now my current fave is Habanero Doritos.

Comment

I like maui brand potato chips and all flavors of doritos, especially the new flavors like habanero. I also love Nibbits and frito pies, yumm!!

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
            I have a 51 oz. can of clams in my pantry. Too much for the recipe?
            Some dip for your clams?

I like Poore Brothers Parmesian and Garlic and their Vinegar one too
            Sun Chips French Onion is good too.
            Ruffles with spinach dip is awesome.
            Cheetos

You see the price on Nibbits? Its crazy. Whats that $10 bag of chips at Costco about? $10 for a bag???
            Oh yeah, pork rinds are tasty but evil too.
            Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
              You see the price on Nibbits? Its crazy. Whats that $10 bag of chips at Costco about? $10 for a bag???
              Costco sells Nibbits? I love that stuff! Grew up with it. Foodland sells Nibbits in small, personal-sized bags for like over $3 bucks. They're merchandised in limited quantity on a clip strip by the chips.

Yick Lung brand (maker of Nibbits?) is such an elusive brand nowadays. They're like a business phantom. They only have a few products for sale, like Nibbits and this stuff...

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by wowlaulau View Post
                2. Shrimp Chips
                I love shrimp chips. When I was a kid, I used to get scolded when we'd eat at Chinese restaurants cuz I'd always eat all the shrimp chips that were used as garnish for the lemon duck and other plates. One of my favorite childhood activities in the kitchen was to throw them into the hot oil and see how fast they expanded.

Other than shrimp chips, my favorite chips are just the plain Tostitos with nacho cheese dip. Perfect for watching football, basketball and baseball games on TV.

Comment

Ruffles The Works
                  Ruffles Sour Cream and Onion
                  Ruffles Cheddar and Sour Cream
                  Lays Sour Cream and Onion (especially with chocolate ice cream.....)
                  Lays Cheddar and Sour Cream
                  Lays KC Masterpiece Mesquite BBQ chips
                  Pringles Sour Cream and Onion (I SEE A PATTERN.)
                  Sun Chips French Onion
                  Doritos (regular and four cheese)
                  Cheetos (the crunchy ones)
                  Maui Style regular potato chips
                  Funyuns
                  Fritos

I like that I love all these chips with green onions, yet I hate all onions outside of it.
                  myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                    Costco sells Nibbits? I love that stuff! Grew up with it. Foodland sells Nibbits in small, personal-sized bags for like over $3 bucks. They're merchandised in limited quantity on a clip strip by the chips.

Yick Lung brand (maker of Nibbits?) is such an elusive brand nowadays. They're like a business phantom. They only have a few products for sale, like Nibbits and this stuff...

No, I should have put that in 2 separate lines - the cost of nibbits and whatever that $10 bag is at Costco.
                    Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I want some of those Li Hing Mui candies! I must try them. Is there any way to order them online? That website on the container doesn't work.
                      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I want some of those Li Hing Mui candies! I must try them. Is there any way to order them online? That website on the container doesn't work.
                        I bought them at (of all places) Blockbuster Video on Kapiolani Blvd. $1.49 each container. When you first pop it in your mouth, it has a sort of weird salty-sweet flavor. But after you suck on it more, it actually tastes pretty good!

I think Long's also has them. Ask one of your ohana on Oahu to go buy some locally and mail it to you.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Mahalo. Tutu and Long's go hand in hand. Will go ask since it's about that time of year she sends stuff up anyway.
                          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

my definite fave is any salt and vinegar flavoured... :P

Comment

Do Pork Rinds count?

The new Baked Lays are pretty good.

Comment

Potato Chip faves, in order:
                                Maui's Kitch'n Cook'd
                                Atebara's from the Big Island (now under new ownership)
                                Ruffles
                                Poore Bros. Salt & Vinegar
                                (Lay's S&V is an acceptable alternative, esp. when it's a two-fer at S'way!)
                                Cheddar Cheese and Sour Cream
                                Pringles (reconstituted, I know, but I LOVE 'em)
                                Terra's are not salty enough for my taste, but they're lovely!

Others:
                                Shrimp Chips
                                Dorito's Black Pepper Jack (sadly, discontinued, as far as I can tell)
                                (The habanero ones are too intensely hot for me, now that I've been weaning myself from spicy food due to reflux)
                                Taro chips (okay I KNOW somebody's going to say taro qualifies as potato. Though I'm no botanist, I disagree.)
                                OH YEAH! Won-ton chips! The One Ton brand, with the weight-lifter dude -- AGREED!
                                Tortilla chips freshly made by a Mexican restaurant served salty enough and with a wonderful, flavorful salsa ... of course with some top-shelf tequila for sippin' on the side. Oops, was that out loud?
                                Last edited by Erika Engle; October 28, 2006, 04:22 PM. Reason: Thanks Mike Lowrey -- for the One Ton recollection!
                                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Working...
                                X