Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite Ice Cream or flavor(s)?

speaking of making ice cream...

You guys ever have frozen custard? I think it's a midwest thing as I know only of a few places outside of there that serve it. Alton Brown has an "ice cream" recipe that is more of a frozen custard than an ice cream and if you have an ice cream maker, it's worth the work/time/wait. Sosososososoos creamy and a real treat if you like chocolate...and ice cream...or just one of those.

ohohoh and frozen mochi ice cream...try the mango! It's my favorite next to the strawberry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post

You guys ever have frozen custard? I think it's a midwest thing as I know only of a few places outside of there that serve it. Alton Brown has an "ice cream" recipe that is more of a frozen custard than an ice cream and if you have an ice cream maker, it's worth the work/time/wait. Sosososososoos creamy and a real treat if you like chocolate...and ice cream...or just one of those.

ohohoh and frozen mochi ice cream...try the mango! It's my favorite next to the strawberry.
      I have been itching to try that recipe! I may have to go look it up now.
      Since when is psycho a bad thing??
      Sharing withother survivors...
      www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

I'm might be going really back with this, but does anyone remember when travelers at Honolulu International could buy four pints of ice cream packed in a cooler with dry ice? I clearly remember being at the Honolulu airport, headed back to Hilo, back around '78, looking at a display of coolers with such dry-ice packed ice cream. Coolers of steaks were available as well. The only ice cream flavor I can say with surety that was part of the 4 pint assortment was macadamia nut. I was told that these coolers of ice cream and steaks were intended for mainly travelers headed to parts of the world where good quality ice cream and steak, like that found in the USA, was difficult (or impossible) to find. I haven't seen these packs coolers available at the airport in years; I don't remember when the last "official" time I saw them, but it has been a long time. I'm curious if anyone else here in HT remembers these coolers, and if so, about what year were the sales of them discontinued.

Comment

Chocolate Chip Mint... followed Closely by Pistachio.

Comment

I love Cherry Garcia but Ben and Jerry's currently have a limited edition flavor out that is apple pie flavored ice cream with apples and pie crust pieces. It's HEAVEN! Per usual I fell in love with something that is limited edition. Kinda like Pepsi Spice.

My kane loves Haagen Dazs Bailey's ice cream.
            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
              It's all over the east coast, and especially the Jersey Shore.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                I love Cherry Garcia but Ben and Jerry's currently have a limited edition flavor out that is apple pie flavored ice cream with apples and pie crust pieces. It's HEAVEN! Per usual I fell in love with something that is limited edition. Kinda like Pepsi Spice.

That might be the one I mentioned... I remember buying it from safeway. I havent seen it in awhile. I think it was dreyers?

OT but I heard there was this one ice cream shop in NY with odd flavors... like tuna ice cream =( I cringe whenever an Iron Chef goes near the ice cream machine.
                Aquaponics in Paradise !

Comment

I just had B&J's Black and Tan ice cream. If you like stout (like my husband does), you'll dig this. Sounds kinda odd at first since you wouldn't ruin your beer with ice cream - and my husband definitely was a little apprehensive about it - but the carton is gone and he wouldnt stop talking about how good it was. I think it just passed up his favorite B&J ice cream, which was Cherry Garcia.

Comment

I know technically this is not an ice cream but my absolute FAVORITE I wait fro all year! Is Dairy Queen's pumpkin pie blizzard! Only 1 more week! and now Crack in the Box's Pumpkin MilkShake!
                    Since when is psycho a bad thing??
                    Sharing withother survivors...
                    www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbent View Post
                      That might be the one I mentioned... I remember buying it from safeway. I havent seen it in awhile. I think it was dreyers?

OT but I heard there was this one ice cream shop in NY with odd flavors... like tuna ice cream =( I cringe whenever an Iron Chef goes near the ice cream machine.
                      We (Kapolei Safeway) still carry Dryer's Bailey icecream in the one pint cups. I'll go ask the vendor if it's still in the town stores.
                      Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Apple pie flavored - must be "pie-ala-mode" in a carton.

Comment

I love Cherry Garcia but Ben and Jerry's currently have a limited edition flavor out that is apple pie flavored ice cream with apples and pie crust pieces. It's HEAVEN!
                          I just went out and bought some. It wasn't even on sale.

I think I'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                            I just went out and bought some. It wasn't even on sale.

I think I'm in love.
                            B&J's goes on sale again on 11/1 at Safeway.
                            Never be bored, and you will never be boring. --Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Altivec View Post
                              B&J's goes on sale again on 11/1 at Safeway.
                              Thank you.

:::Marking calendar:::

Comment

Coconut, coconut, coconut! Right behind it is chocolate Frappes! Mmmm!
                                Lovena

Comment

Working...
                                X