where did you learn how to drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where did you learn how to drive?

Driving around the island in my uncle's stick shift 4WD Tercel station wagon and my grandfather's F150. However, it was my father's drill intructor-like tutoring that cemented driver consideration and traffic hyper-awareness into my psyche.

Judging by how some people don't use their turn signals when changing lanes or drive well below the speed limit in the left lane on H-1, I'd venture that the go-kart track at Castle Park served as driver finishing school for far too many.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

On Maui, road`s just 2 lanes and never even have traffic lites yet. Talk about I no can think!!! B-4 day`s wuz all standard shift car, stick shift, column shift,and even had button shift which came out later on. Good fun b-cause never have the traffic them days and everthing was more slow paced and not gotta speed. My Dad let me drive on secluded areas with his truck which was a stick shift. Now days forget about teaching the kids like I was taught. Send them to driving school..... Oh well memories.......
      bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

I was seven years old and could barely reach the pedals of an old 57 Chevy pickup we called "The Green Hornet" and I was responsible for driving it down the rows of freshly baled hay and stopping to allow the workers to load the bales into the bed. When it was full, I'd drive it to the barn about two miles down a gravel mountain road. I got my driver's permit at 13 (allowed to drive to and from school and around the ranch) and never looked back! Love, love, love to drive anytime, anywhere.
        Last edited by glossyp; March 18, 2007, 03:43 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

I drove on the road a total of 4 times before I got my license . The first and second times were with my drivers ed instructor, who is a friend of the family. The third was to the Wahiawa DMV only to be denied my drivers test because I had a burnt out tail light, and the 4th was when I returned to the DMV a week later with a new tail light.

Any other driving experience came from the arcade, gocarts, and driving the car around the neighborhood (which doesn't).
          808blogs.com- Start your own blog now, for free!
          kazaru.808blogs.com - my blog!
          http://kazaru.com - personal site DOWN ATM

Comment

at 13yrs old in my grampa's big, rusty, light blue old van with a very sticky column shift, on the backroads. My first automatic car was the one I bought in 1997.

pax

Comment

Working...
            X