Steak & Fish Lovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steak & Fish Lovers

Do you like steak or fish or both? For carnivores, what type of steak do you like and how do you like it cooked?

Fish lovers, what kind of fish do you enjoy? Cooked or raw?

For me, steak is a special treat. When I do splurge, I enjoy a porterhouse steak prepared medium rare with a tinge of red in the middle. The porterhouse includes a small filet along the bone while the other side has a thinner cut resembling a new york strip steak. Yum-o!

The best tasting fish that I enjoyed was Grouper that I had on my company's dime at a meeting. Halibut is another choice that I would not pass up. When dining on fish raw, I enjoy blue fin and salmon.

Re: Steak & Fish Lovers

my favorite steak is a t-bone and the best one (besides my own) was at ruth's chris steakhouse.

my favorite fried fish is ta'ape, menpachi, akule, ahi and aku. raw fish would be ahi poke and raw crab. salmon and butterfish prepared any way is right up there on the list.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Re: Steak & Fish Lovers

Ooooh...I love rib eye grilled on the barbie, medium rare. Yummm...
      Fish? Salmon, steelhead trout or opakapaka will do just fine but when it comes to shellfish...gimme lobster. <salivating!>

Comment

Re: Steak &amp; Fish Lovers

Steak-Sirloin, very lean, quickly seared on the outside and slow cooked to well-done inside then cut into strips.

Seafood-Shrimps/Prawns, no mater the style, Shrimp Cocktail, Breaded, Shrimp Salad, Glazed and Grilled, it's all good.

Comment

Steak: Filet mignon, medium-rare. Hy's ages their beef for 40+ days. When I do a roast I age it for only four days for the sake of moisture reduction.

Fish: Different fish for different reasons. Hamachi for sashimi. Ahi for tataki. Aku and nenue for poki. Aweoweo fried.

I'll place another vote for lobster! Slipper lobster is best but is really hard to find. Spiny, upside-down in a shallow steamer or on the grill. BTW, it's lobster season again. Just gotta wait for the water to flatten out at the "secret spot".

Comment

Spencer or rib eye liberally smeared with crushed garlic, a sprinkling of Hawaiian salt and lots of black pepper seared over really hot coals.

Korean style baked mo'i. Wild mo'i, not that farmed excuse of a fish. Big difference. For obvious reasons, I don't get to eat mo'i very often.

Comment

Filet mignon or prime rib.
              Salmon, halibut, and opakapaka.
              No shellfish.
              I'm weird.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

rib eye or porter house for me, rare to medium rare.

Fish: mahi, ahi, salmon, rockfish, flounder, cod, halibut, oarnge roughy, pompano, snapper, grouper...I love em all!
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

Rib Eye

Butterfish, Onaga, deep fried Ta'ape.

Comment

Prime or choice top loin (New York strip), Spencer (rib eye), Both are tender, with the rib eye a little juicier because of marbling and fat.

A less expensive selection which is just as flavorful and tender is the chuck eye steak. It's smaller in size as the rib eye, but is the continuation of the same muscle as the rib eye. It also costs around $3.00/lb. LESS than rib eye, so shop around. Sometimes, you can "scoop" out the eye from a boneless chuck roast at $2.99/lb. The tender eye can sometimes comprise 40-45&#37; of the entire roast. Use the tough part for stew meet (it's still cheaper than the pre-cut chunks of "stewing" beef. The markets are getting wise, so these roasts are containg less and less of the tender "eye."

Comment

Working...
                    X