Favorite Movie Character Entrances & Exits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Movie Character Entrances & Exits

I was thinking about this when a reader brought up this question in EW, what is your favorite movie character entrances and exits?

For me, it's when I first saw Darth Vader enters the ship in Star Wars(IV). The way he walked through the fallen bodies and mist with stromtroopers moving on the side to let him pass....awesome!

For exits, it goes to Darth again in Return Of The Jedi. His death scene always brings a tear.

Also, who wasn't frightened when the witch appeared out of red smoke in the Wizard Of Oz?
    Last edited by alohabear; May 16, 2006, 08:58 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Favorite Movie Character Entrances & Exits

For entrances, hats off (and everything else) to Arnold "T800" Schwarzenegger in the opening scene of Terminator II when he walks into the bar looking for clothes. The reaction of everyone in there was priceless.

Exit goes to Patrick "Bodhi" Swayze in the final scene of Point Break where he challenges FBI rookie Keanu "Johnny Utah" Reeves at Bell's Beach, Australia. Actually the spill on that giant wave was shot at Waimea Bay by his surf coach and stunt double Darrick "DD" Doernertook.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Entrance: Orson Welles (as Harry Lime) emerging from the shadows in The Third man . Although the rest of the film is great, it is worth it to rent the DVD just for that scene.

Exit: When the younger sister jumps to her death in The Last of the Mohicans. I used to watch this scene over and over when I was an angsty teen.

Comment

"Louie, this looks like the start of a beautiful friendship."
        ~ Humphrey Bogart to Claude Rains in "Casablanca" ~

Comment

Chiun running really fast on water at the end of Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins.

Comment

For Entrance it would have to be Shredder from The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's movie, when he lands on the rooftop where the turtles just beat up everyone of the bad guys. He looked so COOL with his armor, and his weapon. I still remember Michealangelo one of the turtle saying "I bet He'll never have to look for a can opener." I was so excited I was jumping in my seat at the theaters

For Exits it would have to be Doc from Back To The Future III, when he made that grand appearance with that train on the railroad to visit mardy and his girlfriend in the present. I remember the Doc saying some thing like "The Future is unwritten" and he jumped back into his train and the thing floated into the sky and vanished into the air that was COOL
            A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

tiabla: Exit: When the younger sister jumps to her death in The Last of the Mohicans. I used to watch this scene over and over when I was an angsty teen.
              . . . . . . . . . . .

all of the scenes mentioned are great but that scene where she falls off the cliff was HEAVY! i'm not a big depression fan so i wouldn't want to watch that over and over again! i admit though: it was a very powerful scene.
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Favorite exit is of Brad Pitt's first character in meet Joe Black, when he's crossing the street. Awesome.

Comment

http://www.tvguide.com/PhotoGallery/...1083001/000000

Some television characters deaths are listed. My favorite is a character in Seinfeld dying from licking envelopes, and George reaction to her death.

Comment

19 Famous Roles That Were Literally Filmed With An Entirely Different Actor...Who Then Got Fired (yahoo.com)

Bewitched.

Comment

32 Major Movie Roles That Were Recast (yahoo.com)

Michael J. Fox is Marty McFly.

Comment

Who are the 25 greatest acting one-hit wonders? (msn.com)

Hey, Is that who was in ...?

Comment

Working...
                        X