Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cockroaches?

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Must've been a really small studio if you had to sleep in the shower. Poor t'ing, you!

Shoots! My feets practically in da terlet! That was one sorry studio. One of those B-52s wouldn't go down the terlet no matter how many flushes. Learned later about using a drop of soap to break the surface tension/friction of the water. That buggah got canned. ticked me off.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

When the roaches are flying, they are in breeding mode. It is critical to kill them all when they are in the flying and pheremoaning mood.

And do not leave their carcass behind. Flush. Them. All. Or you may be suprised that the buggah you *swore* you killed the night before is G*o*N*e by morning.

pax

Comment

WOW, unreal this thread came up. I had to go bathroom last nite so I on the lites and the bugga stay lookin at me with the antenas going crazy like one satelite looking for target. I wen grab the bath towel off the rack and slapp the bugga silly den flush um down da toilet. I hate those dam B-52`s. My wife no can stand the cane spiders, I gotta kill`um if not I not goin get any sleep.
        OGGBOY
        bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Same here, my wife will not rest until the offending culprit is found and killed, lol. One time da bugga wen crawl into my well packed closet and took me for eva for find um, sheesh, lol.

Comment

Funny how they can see in the dark with only the Tv on. I can be in one deep sleep and get my body shaken like get one earthquake. Wake up wake up get one spider over dea. What???? I said get one spider over dea, No worry not goin bother. Go kill`um, go kill`um NOW!!!!!! Then gotta go hunting like you stay on one mission. No kill`um / No sleep!!!!
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

OK...so here we are, 7 years into the 21st century & there's nothing roach-proof the house?

Out here in Orange Co., we don't have much of a bug problem @ all. However termites can eat up your investment if you don't take action. We did the yard spray twice & they didn't come back. Now they're using something called "Orange Oil" that they claim is a natural oil synthasized from citrus. The wood soaks it up & termites don't like it.

Anything like that for da B52's?

Comment

Originally posted by hedkikr View Post
                [...]Now they're using something called "Orange Oil" that they claim is a natural oil synthasized from citrus. The wood soaks it up & termites don't like it.

Anything like that for da B52's?
                Just a flip flop dipped in orange juice!

Comment

Wow. Never lived with the roaches, but I see the crawling ones by the canal when I visit. I understand the whole 'ick' factor associated with the bugs, but I think that I will eventually get used to that. My biggest concern is the question of poisonous, or not? Of course I refer to things like spiders and scorpions. Are they poisonous? How worried should I be in the event I get stung, or my three year old? Rush like crazy to the hospital, call 911, or calmly reach for my scorpion sting rubbing cream?

I have a question about bug repellant. Here in Canada we have these little electroninc devices that send out sonic waves to shoo away bugs. But our biggest nuisances are mosquitos. Are there similar things like that in Hawai'i? Do they work? Would they work? And by citrus based repellant, are you referring to Citronella? This topic is very interesting, cuz my wife is freaked out by the bugs, and she is going to stock on those electric fly swatter things so she can have 2 per room.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Cockroaches like living in Hilo, too! They just plain ol' like Hawaii. Think about it...free food, no rent, great climate, beautiful scenery. Smart buggahs, those roaches!

Too funny! Not a bad life, until it's squished, of course.
                    A proud sponsor of
                    http://www.haleamano.com

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
                      Sounds like this would be a good time to mention some of the previous HT "bug" threads: Centipede stories, Cane Spider in da house, and Whats the last thing you killed?

Hea is my kakaroach story. I shudder even now, ukubillion years later!

Oh sorry... I wen post dis link already. I cannot delete da post.
                      Last edited by Mokihana; May 20, 2007, 09:13 AM.
                      Aloha,
                      Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                        The majority of centipedes and scorpions I've seen have been on Waialae Iki and, as previously mentioned, Manoa. Both homes either rest on the edge of or butt up against a mountain.

Friends used to live at the Hawaii Kai Retirement Community which was built in a previously undeveloped valley. They had a horrible time with centipedes. Tons of centipedes. I guess the construction sent those critters scrambling.

My madda used to like to hang clothes on da clothesline; I grew up in Mānoa Valley. One time she told me to bring up the laundry basket with the clean clothes insai, and there, right on top, was a huge scorpion! I wen shriek and da clothes went flying, along with the scorpion. But I had to wash clothes all over again, cuz you know Mānoa and the rain/mud. Had plenny centipedes, too.

Living on the mainland, even though I miss home, I do NOT miss the bugs!
                        Aloha,
                        Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by waiz4kooks View Post
                          I have never seen a Scorpion in Hawaii before.
                          Go to Mokuleia. Get plenny just along mauka side of Dillingham airstrip, under the ironwood trees..
                          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Boric acid kills them off, eventually.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

nebamine...to gross.

Killed with Raid.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Anyone here use the "recycled mayonaise jar with peanut butter spread in a strip around the inside downward facing edge" trick? Works like a charm.

Just rinse out (no soap) and wipe clean the inside of an emptied mayonaise jar, apply peanut butter and remove label for maximum visual appeal. Put a jar in your garage or storage areas and you'll see roaches start checking in in no time. The roaches can't get out unless you tip the jar over (not recommended). Once it's full, just screw the top back on and toss into your C&C rubbish bin. Or you could finally get even with that neighbor down the street. The one who lets his dog poop in front of your house and never bothers to collect the leavings.
                                "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                                X