Go Back   HawaiiThreads.com > Ka Honua > The American Asylum
FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Search Latest Posts Mark Forums Read

Old October 31st, 2015, 07:33 PM
Kumu

Default Re: GOP debates '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
You don’t like Rand Paul.
Well, I like Rand Paul. In interviews, he answers questions and makes sense, unlike the rest of the field. He seems to be a person of integrity. I wouldn't vote for him, but I listen to what he says.
Old October 31st, 2015, 10:39 PM
Ali`i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
You don’t like Rand Paul
I don't dislike the guy... other than he aligns himself with republicans, he's been one of the rare adults in a room full of weirdos. I'm merely taking in his chances, which as I stated before were 0 before he entered based on his many statements that would be used against him to deadly effect. And publicly, he's viewed as invisible now. Even he was freaking out last week as the forgotten man, saying he's in it til the election. You'll have your shot with him, he and a few / many others will stubbornly stay in there and we'll see what the voting market says at nomination time.
I think the whole thing is a glorious mess for the cons, Trump is fouling the water big time and has driven the field way down. They typically do that to themselves and this time Trump is the engine, but as soon as he bails they'll pounce on each other with even more absurdities at the cost of the party and election, just like always. 8 more debates!
Cruz thinks he's gonna score when Trump splits
Plus, the Romney's are drooling as they lurk at the edges, they'll jump in if there's even a slim chance.
Christie had a good nite but he wants to prosecute everything on the planet, he turns too many off.
There really is nobody suitable at present for the cons to have a shot, they're all forked.
And to top it off, Sanders is getting eyed by a lot of dispirited cons, it's a wild one!
Old October 31st, 2015, 11:01 PM
Ali`i

Then there's Christie's nasty hypocrisy on a person's food intake and shopping choices / abilities when he wants to limit where and how poor people spend money on food stamps. ''We want to be sure they are making appropriate choices.'', say's the 400 pounder who had his massive junkfood bills paid off recently to avoid BBQgate.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...es=og.comments
Old November 1st, 2015, 08:57 AM
Ali`i

Send a message via AIM to TuNnL Send a message via Yahoo to TuNnL
Lightbulb Rand Paul leads the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregLee View Post
Well, I like Rand Paul. In interviews, he answers questions and makes sense, unlike the rest of the field. He seems to be a person of integrity.
And that, apparently, matters to quite a few participants in the numerous straw polls held this year. Leading the field with the most wins is none other than Rand Paul — who so far has won twelve (12) different contests. A close second is Ben Carson with 10. I don’t pay any mind to “the Donald.” The guy hasn’t won a SINGLE straw poll. Not one. Clearly, he is nothing more than a media darling whose time is coming to a close.

It is hilarious, though, that political novices like Ron Whitfield believe that a survey taken by CNN or Fox News means anything when it comes to a candidate's “electoral chances.” These are national polls! There is no “national election” to choose the Republican nominee. The GOP hopeful is selected state by state. Primary by primary. Caucus by caucus. Clueless is as clueless is.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
USA TODAY, page 2A
11 March 1993
Old November 1st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Ali`i

Default Re: Rand Paul leads the field

Just like with this rail disaster, que up Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Dream...

All you need to know about the validity of anything here is ''A close second is Ben Carson with 10'' These people are nuts. Case closed.

I'm not even a political novice, and polls usually mean little to nothing, yet certain things are clear as day here to anyone, minus the denial loving delusionals.
Old November 2nd, 2015, 02:54 AM
Ali`i

And now... HAHAHA! these skkkuz are trying to run away from any further debates and completely devolve into scripted lie fests behind the apron of a benevolent mouthpiece mommy. They should be run out of this country, at best. http://thinkprogress.org/politics/20...ed-on-youtube/
Old November 4th, 2015, 01:08 AM
Ali`i

http://news.yahoo.com/ben-carson-say...140928690.html

True or not true.
Old November 4th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Ali`i

I'd say merely 'stupid' is giving way too many way too much benefit.
Carson is another laff himself, someone who's very smart and yet soooo dumb.
Gotta luv how he's suddenly the big flavor of the month (rutabaga?) now that Car-lie is fading, Jeb! / dubya II has vanished (YAY!), and Trumpet has peaked. Rubio stands to reap the bennies from the current shift in insanity and again when Carson talks himself outta there, but only if he doesn't find a way to blow it too. But, the money and power behind Jeb! is pressing him into a tight corner where he's forced to stay in a race he wants out of. Tragically he's doomed no matter what, he sure can't go home where his dynastic family is waiting to butcher his failing ass. He might end up as the nominee, and then lose... Boy, Holiday's at the Bush family table will be brutal, if not deadly!
Old November 5th, 2015, 12:31 AM
Ali`i

uh oh, doesn't look good for Joisey boy, who guaranteed his presidency
http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/04/medi...lls/index.html

and then there's this Carson absurdity... expect more until he's soon out http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...usaolp00000592
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Kumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
and then there's this Carson absurdity... expect more until he's soon out http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...usaolp00000592
In the comments after this story about Carson's theory that the pyramids were granaries rather than tombs, someone mentioned that no mummies have been found in a pyramid, at least not in modern times. It appears to be true. Here's an article about that: Inside the Great Pyramid. So Carson's idea is not so silly as it first sounds. However, it doesn't seem that the chambers inside the Egyptian pyramids were big enough to hold much grain.
Old November 5th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Ali`i

geez, Greg, the pyramids were not what they look like today, they were elaborately faced and capped, plus the enscripted inner sanctums say differently, obviously objects of the highest order. While grain was highly regarded, it wouldn't be housed to that degree, and would probably spoil inside them.

And if the previous 'absurdity' wasn't enuf, we get this heavy shoe drop https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/news...02.html?ref=gs
If he lied or won't / can't prove it, he's done.
Old November 5th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Kumu

Quote:
geez, Greg, the pyramids were not what they look like today, they were elaborately faced and capped, plus the enscripted inner sanctums say differently, obviously objects of the highest order. While grain was highly regarded, it wouldn't be housed to that degree, and would probably spoil inside them.
I'm wary of archeologists' and historians' reconstructions. We know from engraved texts that the Egyptians were very involved with the afterlife, and so it makes sense that their tombs would be elaborate and very special places. The reconstructions of what the pyramids were like in ancient times assume this. But what if they weren't tombs at all?? How much of all this elaborate picture we've built up about ancient life in Egypt survives?

If you looked at the article from the Smithsonian that I linked, you'll have noticed that the author examines this very long-standing belief that the pyramids were tombs with a lot of skepticism. The stories that the ancient Greek writers told about finding mummies in them resemble tall tales -- after all, they didn't get their accounts into refereed journals.

Carson is not the first to question whether the pyramids were tombs. I didn't say I believed him -- I just think his idea is not as screwy as I had thought before I googled about a bit.
Old November 6th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Ali`i

cool..., the tomb aspect has hit snags and the pyramids could have had any sorts of original purposes, but having discovered another sealed off space near the Sphinx's left paw in hope it's Nefertiti's I still figure there's some connections that include the dead. There's plenty yet to discover and the mid-East mess could devastate future findings.
Old November 6th, 2015, 01:00 PM
Ali`i

See ya! http://fortune.com/2015/11/06/ben-carson-west-point/
Old November 6th, 2015, 04:15 PM
Kumu

Quote:
The Fortune article makes no sense to me. Carson claims he was offered a scholarship to West Point, but he didn't subsequently apply there. So what? You don't have to apply for admission to a place that offers you a scholarship. And the email quoted in the Fortune article is not an "admission" that Carson's claim is a fabrication. Fortune has lied.
Old November 6th, 2015, 08:03 PM
Ali`i

It won't even matter, it's going to be a feeding frenzy with Ben's many curious defensive jousts with the ''stupid'' media and losing the one thing he had going for him, his famous cool. The media sharks suddenly smell blood and Carson has been chumming himself.
Did you ever really think this whack-a-mole was a serious contender?
With Graham gone and Christie curbed, there is nobody left but Rubio, and he probably can't even get the nomination.
Old November 11th, 2015, 02:02 AM
Ali`i

This debate was more civilized and revealing with Rubio taking the win. Trump did himself no favors, while nobody distinguished or damaged themselves hugely, minus the fading Fiorina who managed to lie about Obamacare, and Cruz channeling Rick OOPS Perry you'd have thot it was an episode of unAmerican Ninja the way Cruz set himself up with a 5 finger fail when numbering the red meat victims he'd eliminate and having to blow past it at #3
https://www.yahoo.com/politics/cruz-...035113681.html
and then lied again that the Obama economy is a disaster.
Kasich isn't selling his moderate message, the floundering Jeb! can't shake that dead meat smell, yet despite getting in a few jabs tonite Paul could offer free diamonds and nobody would care. The tailspin continues.
But Trump was funny when tossing Jeb! a lifering telling Kasich "You should let Jeb speak."
Old November 11th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Kumu

Rubio's logic:

Rand Paul to Rubio: You can't count yourself a conservative when you're proposing a new trillion dollar war that you have no way to pay for.

Rubio's rejoinder: They're cutting Christians' heads off.
Old November 18th, 2015, 12:44 AM
Ali`i

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...8eWI?li=AA54ur

There goes my choice.
Old November 18th, 2015, 04:18 AM
Ali`i

Jindal was a choice?
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:05 AM
Ali`i

I saw the future of American politics after seeing Bobby J. speech at the Republican Convention. What happened?
Old November 19th, 2015, 05:16 AM
Ali`i

you could have stayed at home and stared at the toilet and saw the same thing
Sanders is this country's last gasp, so... he's dead
Old November 19th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Kumu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
I saw the future of American politics after seeing Bobby J. speech at the Republican Convention. What happened?
I certainly do hope this is not really the future of American politics. I keep seeing the results of state-by-state surveys which try to estimate how the states' quality of life differs. Where do the most people still smoke? Where are people least happy? Least educated? Lowest paid? And so on. Louisiana is always near the bottom in the quality of people's lives. Bobby Jindal bragged that he of all the Republican contenders really did cut taxes. I believe him. So do we want all the states to be miserable places like Louisiana under Jindal's guidance?
Old December 12th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Ali`i

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-can...62453999.html#

Please Don't Go!
Old December 16th, 2015, 02:26 AM
Ali`i

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3...ublican-debate

Cruzin' together. This is not a one night stand.