Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii's Best Hamburger? Where?

Two years ago the Best Hamburger in the islands was at a little hole in the wall diner on Hotel Street called Benny's Resturant. Someday, the recipe will be shared so all can enjoy the succulent hamburger that Benny's was known for.

...how do I know this?

Secret! hahahahaha

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by wala'au haole
      KUA AINA burgers in Haleiwa rocks!!!!
      Never been to that one, but we did have a great experience when we were in Tokyo in June of 2004. We had been in many parts of the city that day, eventually taking a boat ride up the Sumida River and over to Odaiba. Towards the end of the day, while looking for dinner, we found a Kua Aina burger joint out there.
      Nothing like being greeted by a thickly-accented "Aroha!," then eating a burger while listening to Hawaiian music in Japan (good music, too - I think the staff wondered about us when we were singing along to Keali`i Reichel, Sunday Manoa and others), and looking out at a miniature Statue Of Liberty. Another universe, I tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by wala'au haole
        KUA AINA burgers in Haleiwa rocks!!!!
        I agree, even with the looooong waiting line there. Get one avocado tree right behind the shop, too.
        Also A Kua Aina shop across from Ward Warehouse in town.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
          Also A Kua Aina shop across from Ward Warehouse in town.
          It moved last month, it's now in Ward Center (same building as Borders).

Comment

you GOTTA try Millyard Cafe on MAUI right by wei wei bbq. THE BEST HAMBURGAHHH EVER!!! cheap too! the hamurger steak plate is mean! and comes with grilled onions, rice and mac salad...also available in mini plate.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
              It moved last month, it's now in Ward Center (same building as Borders).
              Thanks for the news, Helen! (Shows ya how often I go town side. ) Hopefully they've got more seating in the new location.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                Thanks for the news, Helen! (Shows ya how often I go town side. ) Hopefully they've got more seating in the new location.
                Bigger area, but no lua!!! You have to walk into the main complex or go bushes!!! Aya those people!!!

Comment

any word on where the new Fatburger will be opening? my buddies and i were up in Reno this past november for the WAC vball tournament and we drove all the way to South Tahoe just to go to Fatburger because they are just that good. Fatburger.com says that an oahu location is "coming soon".... I can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Two years ago the Best Hamburger in the islands was at a little hole in the wall diner on Hotel Street called Benny's Resturant. Someday, the recipe will be shared so all can enjoy the succulent hamburger that Benny's was known for.

...how do I know this?

Secret! hahahahaha

Auntie Lynn
                    Eh Aunty, I bet was your recipe no?...or was that your restaurant? Must have been so onoliscious!!

Comment

Originally posted by D'Alani
                      Eh Aunty, I bet was your recipe no?...or was that your restaurant? Must have been so onoliscious!!
                      Yes to three questions! hee hee hee

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkmeister
                        And closed Tuesdays. (That's the road I use to get to H-1, rather than Kamehameha Highway.)
                        Now closed on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Just went there yesterday after the Great Aloha Run, and their Hamburger Deluxe is still great and affordable at under $3.00.

As far as parking, I usually street park on the side street past the restaurant. It is difficult to exit the parking lot with the backed up traffic from the traffic light on Kamehameha Highway
                        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Yum, a thread after my own heart. I'd have to suggest you guys try Kiawe Grill. They are located on the side of Diners - Kalihi. They grill your burger with Kiawe wood anyway you like it! Homemade and thick! If you are in for adventure you could even try their buffalo or ostrich burger.

Comment

Buffalo? ostrich?
                            yow.
                            I'm not that adventurous but their reg. burgers sound like they would be very ono.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                              Buffalo? ostrich?
                              yow.
                              I'm not that adventurous but their reg. burgers sound like they would be very ono.
                              Ostrich and buffalo are actually better for you than beef, and they're pretty ono, too (taste better than ground turkey to me). I'm waiting for the next time we can afford to go a local place up here called the Sakura Bistro so I can some nice sauteed alligator! (Last time we went, they were all sold out! ) I've heard alligator tastes like chicken....

Miulang
                              "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

eh, i know beef is awful for ya. So could swine be. But hey. ya only go round once in life and kalua pig is so ono and a good burger can make my day.

besdies; i tried vegetarianism and i got so hypersensitive to daily life... smoke, pollution, noise, the slightest bit of fast food...
                                it couldn't be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X