Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydrogen Peroxide

What is it's purpose?

It doesn't disinfect, or 'clean', and it seems the potency has dipped considerably from many years ago.

What good is it?
    Is there a higher level of active/usefull ingredients available?

When I was a kid, this stuff used to fizz up big time whenever you put it on the slightest scratch. Now, I have a nasty open crater wound from a cane spider bite on a leg that should have caused the HP to fizz up better than a mentos/soda mega trick, yet next to no fizzing...
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Re: Hydrogen Peroxcide

Does the bottle (or container) that you have to treat your wound, does it say "Hydrogen Peroxcide" or "Hydrogen Peroxide"?

Also what is the expiration date on the container?

Comment

Put a few drops into your ears and it fizzes away all the gunk inside.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
        What is it's purpose?

It doesn't disinfect, or 'clean', and it seems the potency has dipped considerably from many years ago.

What good is it?
        Is there a higher level of active/usefull ingredients available?

When I was a kid, this stuff used to fizz up big time whenever you put it on the slightest scratch. Now, I have a nasty open crater wound from a cane spider bite on a leg that should have caused the HP to fizz up better than a mentos/soda mega trick, yet next to no fizzing...
        It's used to remove dead tissue. H2O2 itself doesn't disinfect.

It has a relatively short shelf-life, so if you have some from many years ago, it's likely useless. Check the expiration date.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          It's used to remove dead tissue. H2O2 itself doesn't disinfect. Check the expiration date.
          I was hoping it would remove lot's of dead tissue!
          It's new, and is peroxide.

I see that there are indeed containers sold at health store with 30% higher actives.

The new lower rate stuff seems pretty much useless.

Comment

I also use it for small scratches and scrapes.

Have you used OxiClean? I've used it on very old Coke, blood, berry stains & am very satisfied with the results. Yup, it's got hydrogen peroxide.
            Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Cane Spider!? Yikes!! Whut did it feel like?

Comment

Originally posted by Palama Kid View Post
                Have you used OxiClean? I've used it on very old Coke, blood, berry stains & am very satisfied with the results. Yup, it's got hydrogen peroxide.
                AND BEST OF ALL, IT'S ENDORSED BY NONE OTHER THAN BILLY MAYS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                  Cane Spider!? Yikes!! Whut did it feel like?
                  As with most bug bites in the night, I had no idea until I woke up to see the big red spot above my knee, which commenced to enlarge and look more and more threatening the next coupla day's with plenty of 'touch it' pain and general sore/achiness throughout the thigh, and swelling of legs. Must have been a big sucker too, the wound is large enuf to hold a silver dollar. Most I've seen are only about the size of a dime when they finish necrotizing.
                  No shooting red lines or necrosy, so I stayed out of the E-ward and it's finally started mellowing out after 3 angry weeks.

Probably gonna leave an ugly nickle sized crater scar unless the bod pulls off another miracle.

Willy better hope he don't get one of these!
                  Last edited by Ron Whitfield; February 3, 2009, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Cane Spiders? They bite?

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                    Now, I have a nasty open crater wound from a cane spider bite on a leg that should have caused the HP to fizz up better than a mentos/soda mega trick, yet next to no fizzing...
                    What?! I didn't think Cane Spiders could even bite people! They come in my house all the time and I just let them crawl up on my hand or arm and bring them outside and let them go. (While the rest of my household freaksout! heh heh).
                    Now centipedes - THEY are nasty! They leave lesions if they just WALK on me!
                    Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                    ~ ~
                    Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                    Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                    Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

I just found out that you can use it to get stains out of carpet. It would bleach the older, wool carpet blends, but the newer carpets don't get that effect. A friend just shared that bit of advice with me. She uses it to get coffee and wine stains out of her carpet and it looks brand-spankin' new. And she has darker carpet. I'm going to try it when I get back to Texas and will let you know how it works.

You can also peroxide your hair if you're in a punk band.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

If H2O is water, and H2O2 is Hydrogen Peroxide, what is H2O4?

Drinking, and showering, and watering plants, and swimming in.

LOL
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Oh wait, H2O2 is a disinfectant. I feel silly now. Please disregard everything I said on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                            I just found out that you can use it to get stains out of carpet. It would bleach the older, wool carpet blends, but the newer carpets don't get that effect. A friend just shared that bit of advice with me. She uses it to get coffee and wine stains out of her carpet and it looks brand-spankin' new. And she has darker carpet. I'm going to try it when I get back to Texas and will let you know how it works.

You can also peroxide your hair if you're in a punk band.
                            I put a desert spoon of Hydrogen Peroxide 6% solution into half a tumble of warm water and use it as a mouthwash.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                              ... what is H2O4?
                              An old joke.

Comment

Working...
                              X