Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Barefoot in Beach Bathrooms?

Originally posted by Random View Post
    If you're referring to the restrooms at One Ali'i Parks (both of them), I agree.
    De'ms du ones. Where only the brave dare go. What's that squishing between my toes? YIKES!
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Oh, and you haven't lived until you have been pointed to the outdoor area "where everybody goes" outside a village in India.

I was grateful to have a private squat spot when it was available.

Comment

I prefer to have slippers on, but if I gotta... I gotta. ewww

Check this out!
        My wife told me of her kidtime in Fiji, there was a short dock over the water (ocean/mangroves) with out houses and holes. She told me some fish stories. HaHa!

Our village house has a regular pit toilet (outhouse). Large spiders and large toads love to hang out in there. Think of having to go at midnite! ewww

Anyways... carry on.
        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

I have lived within walking distance to the beach my entire life (except for living in upstate NY, in which case I am within walking distance to the river) so my solution is to go home . But, in the rare occasions I am at a beach park, definitely put the slippers on to use the facilities, 'cause.....ewwww......

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            Have to confess I have "relieved myself" in the ocean water occasionally; I try my bestest to get away from anyone else.
            According to the EPA we all relieve ourselves in the ocean here...
            Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
            Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
            We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
            Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro View Post
              I was really annoyed when the City "renovated" the Ala Moana Beach Park bathrooms and roofed the shower stalls over. Before, they were roofless and the bright sunshine kept the algae and slime to a minimum. Now? Ugh.
              Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
              Why the need for a roof over the shower? So people wouldn't get rained on?
              i don't remember who it was that told me this, but i know the reason why they did that is because of peeping toms who would make monkey to climb the trees and watch people doing their business, whether it was showering, getting dressed, or ... doing their business.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                but i know the reason why they did that is because of peeping toms who would make monkey to climb the trees and watch people doing their business,.
                There was a well publicized case in Montana de Oro State Park near San Luis Obispo, CA probably 30 years ago. The police caught a guy sitting in the bottom (yep I said bottom) of the ladies pit latrine with a raincoat on! He admitted doing this on several occassions before being caught. He had "psychological issues."
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Working...
                X