Don't eat your spinach!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Don't eat your spinach!

Oh man... this reminds me of the Ecoli incident that Jack-in-the-Box had a while back...When 3 children died, one from Bellingham from eating Burgers in 1993
    One of them was from my home town at the time!
    The Jack In The Box fast-food chain knew about but disregarded Washington state laws that would have prevented the deadly 1993 outbreak of E. coli food poisoning, according to court documents.

Three Washington children died and 600 others were sickened due to poisoning from E. coli O157:H7 served in undercooked Jack In The Box hamburgers.
    http://www.about-ecoli.com/news/jack-in-the-box3.htm

Ecoli is not something to mess around with!
    Last edited by damontucker; September 16, 2006, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      Oh man... this reminds me of the Ecoli incident that Jack-in-the-Box had a while back...When 3 children died in Bellingham from eating Burgers in 1993 ... Ecoli is not something to mess around with!
      I remember it very well. I also remember hearing a LOT of vegetarians berating carnivores for their fuel choices. Too bad this is the way people will learn that e. coli is not limited to hamburger. One death in Wisconsin already; it's too early to say how the lives of survivors will be affected - in the cases to which Manoa referred, there were toddlers who had large portions of their digestive systems removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
        I remember it very well. I also remember hearing a LOT of vegetarians berating carnivores for their fuel choices. Too bad this is the way people will learn that e. coli is not limited to hamburger. One death in Wisconsin already; it's too early to say how the lives of survivors will be affected - in the cases to which Manoa referred, there were toddlers who had large portions of their digestive systems removed.
        IIRC (and bear in mind that I have not finished my first cup of coffee) E. Coli infections are often most devastating to the renal system causing, specifically, hemolytic-uremic syndrome.

Hemmorhagic diarrhea, too, which I suppose resulted in those kids needing colectomies.

Comment

Update on more spinach issues Even more?? UGH...glad we have locally grown stuff in Oregon.
          Since when is psycho a bad thing??
          Sharing withother survivors...
          www.supportandsurvive.org

Comment

Working...
          X