Island Weekly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Island Weekly

The Honolulu Advertiser>>The New York Times (largest papers in Hawaii and New York City, respectively, and with a state and national focus)

Honolulu Star-Bulletin >>The New York Post (significant competition with their respective papers; feisty; stronger local color)

Midweek>>New York Daily News or Newsday (populist and focused on the four boroughs and Long Island, and Oahu outside Honolulu)

Pacific Business News>>The Wall Street Journal (business)

Honolulu Weekly>>The Village Voice or New York Press (I'd say the Weekly is more like the Press because both are more youth-oriented in their coverage.)

am New York >>Pau Hana Weekly
    Of course, these are somewhat rough parallels.
    Last edited by BKHale2007; July 31, 2004, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Re: Island Weekly

Today's Ilind.net:

Another interesting observation from Bob Jones, this time regarding the Advertiser's "Island Weekly":

I contacted The Advertiser circulation dept. by e-mail, saying I'm a daily and Sunday subscriber but would sure like to be delivered one copy of Island Weekly, just so I could see what it looks like.

I got a phone message today that since I'm a Sunday paper subscriber, no need to ask to look at Island Weekly because "everything that's in it is taken from the Sunday paper, which you already will have seen."

So does that mean Michelle Malkin's column, which now resides in Island Weekly will appear in the Sunday Advertiser?

Comment

Working...
      X