Stuttering buses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stuttering buses

Well, this absurd new "E" bus does have signs at most stops which tell you when the next one will arrive. I was at one stop where I could see (yet another) "E" bus approaching a few blocks away and the sign said it would be six minutes before the next one. Maybe it meant the one after the one I could see.

It's really annoying to sit and wait for the bus you want and see three or four of these "E" buses arrive mostly empty and depart mostly empty.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
      Well, this absurd new "E" bus does have signs at most stops which tell you when the next one will arrive. I was at one stop where I could see (yet another) "E" bus approaching a few blocks away and the sign said it would be six minutes before the next one. Maybe it meant the one after the one I could see.

It's really annoying to sit and wait for the bus you want and see three or four of these "E" buses arrive mostly empty and depart mostly empty.
      Perhaps, passengers are not sure where & which route the new E-buses go to, so they don't consider riding in those buses. Myabe, they are not use to that type of a bus, & refuse to get on. Are we charged the same to get on those new E buses, or are they free for the time being, to get more passengers to ride in it?. Just curiouse.

Aloha & Happy Holidays.
      Aches & Pains
      (through out our lives) knows no time!!.

Comment

"Are we charged the same to get on those new E buses, or are they free for the time being"

It's the standard two-dollar fare or a pass. And I think it's true that many people just don't know where those buses go. I didn't know until last week that they stop right outside the Ward16 theatres.

But I also think this is going to be a repeat of the "A" bus launch, when those buses ran about every ten minutes. (Wonderful!) But it didn't last long, especially when they extended the route out to Waipahu.

I'm sure we'll soon see fewer "E" buses per hour, just wish they'd expand it to the airport.

Comment

I think the original plan was to have more than one route using the BRT style of doing things.

However neither of the general electon mayor canidaties thought BRT was the way to go even through the current administration wanted this to happen.

I tried the E once but I have to go out of my way to use it.

Comment

Working...
          X