Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Cheap place to eat near Ala Moana Side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Cheap place to eat near Ala Moana Side?

I don't know about you, but either the price for a good lunch has gone up, or I haven't eaten out for a while.

In the "What did you have for lunch" thread, I just spent a little over $7 for a plate consisting of Orange Chicken, Fried Rice, and Beef Brocilli.

I haven't ate at the others yet, as my uncle brought me to Patti's at Pearlridge during a shopping trip and I was hooked.

BTW, I'm actually at Heald College between KFC and KGMB 9 studios, and I don't like chicken for lunch (too much oil to whip onto my nice clothes).

Any suggestions are welcome!
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Good Cheap place to eat near Ala Moana Side?

I had a really great bowl of shoyu ramen at Taishoken on Ke'eaumoku the other day. Sun-Ki Chai reviewed the place in detail a while ago on eGullet. I heartily second his recommendation. The broth is dark and strong, so 'ono!

Comment

I was doing a little shopping yesterday and waiting for some reprints, so I had lunch at Mickey Ds. I was a little startled to pay $4.95 for a Big Mac meal. I haven't eaten there in at least six months, but seems to me the price has gone up from what it was last time I was there.
      http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

There is always the Sam's Club Cafe on one side, and there are a few places to eat at Daiei.

Comment

You're on the mauka side of Ala Moana, but if you're up for a bit of a walk, there's always Side Street Inn on the ewa side. Definitely qualifies for the "good" you're looking for, and the price is right, too. it's where some of the islands best chefs go when they want good eats.

Comment

Working...
          X