Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: "Lost" Season 2 Chapter 2

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
    Was that coffeeshop scene shot at Queen's Medical Center and then I see a lampost which looks like around UH I think. KalihiBoy
    Nope, it was the Honolulu Cafe at 741 Bishop St.

See: http://www.lightfantastic.org/galler...st_2x23_Dinas1

Comment

Never been there, I think QMC has the same architecture though.

KalihiBoy

Comment

It is Libby but with a different hairstyle, since an earlier episode showed her in a mental hospital with Hurley, that theory of David could be true.
        It dawned on me that Libby never had a episode for her flashback. Since she is dead, the only way her story is going to get told is to be involved in other characters flashback which has happened in Hurley's, Eko's and now Desmond's flashback.

Comment

I get the feeling that Harold Perrineau was holding back some personal animousity when he appeared on The View. He indicated that all of the actors on the show were instructed to say that any comments they had about the show/storyline were not "official" but were personal commentary by the interviewee. The personal animousity- had to do with a response to a question to him by one of the View hosts having to do with next season. In response he confirmed that he was originally told he would not be in Season 3 and then later told that the final decision as to his appearance was not certain and then added that the situation was rough considering that he relocated to Oahu and purchased a home there. It makes me speculate that as the Lost story arc evolves that perhaps some of the original oral-not contractual- representations made to some of the regulars as to "job security" are eroding. I guess that on the other hand what would be better than arriving home on Oahu if one had to go to The Mainland for a television, film, or theatrical appearance.

Comment

It's interesting that some of these actors seem to understand that in this type of series, no job is guaranteed year to year. I'm sure he got paid full salary this year despite the fact that he was in only about half the episodes. All of the actors contracts were up this year, I recall. Most got nice raises for next year. Two actors who seem to have really negative attitudes in interviews are Harold Perrineau and Naveen Andrews. Maybe they both see the handwriting on the wall. The cast definitely needs to cut some males. Right now the male to female ratio is much too heavy in favor of the males.

Comment

Says here Michelle Rodriguez may leave USA for good:

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...33/detail.html

Comment

Says here Michelle Rodriguez may leave USA for good:

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news...33/detail.html
                Yea its says "TMZ.com said Rodriguez wants to move to France because 'people don't bother you there.'" What a shame that we arrest drunk drivers here in the USA. It always seems like a silly law to me. Why can't the sober people just avoid them. After all, drunk drivers aren't in control of what they're doing, so clearly any accident with one is the fault of the sober driver.

Comment

Says here Michelle Rodriguez may leave USA for good
                  My reply to Michelle: Don't let the door hit you in the okole on your way out.

Good riddance.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

She should buy a ladder and get over herself. Puh-leeeeze.

Comment

Not end up like "Identity" nor with Hurley staring into a snow globe with an island in it.

What about in the Die Alone#2 finale episode, when the big fake bird "said" Hurley's name as it swooped overhead?
                      "To do is to be" - Socrates
                      "To be is to do" - Plato
                      "Do-be-do-be-do" - Sinatra :

Comment

Originally posted by ptosis
                        Not end up like "Identity" nor with Hurley staring into a snow globe with an island in it.
                        "Dave" was the episode that called out, and IMHO effectively ruled out, the "Identity" scenario. This week's finale episode's reference to a "snow globe" (and the final scene) will hopefully put the "purgatory" theories to rest. And the final scene was a biggie, serving to dismiss "post apocolypse" and probably also "alternative universe/planet" scenarios. Hurley's "another time" line in "The Long Con" was aimed at time travel theorists, and so on.

"LOST" fans frequently complain about too many mysteries, and too few answers. But I do think we're going to see a slow progression of the "big picture" emerging by process of elimination. If fan theories are a sprawling tree, some pretty big branches were snipped off on Wednesday.
                        What about in the Die Alone#2 finale episode, when the big fake bird "said" Hurley's name as it swooped overhead?
                        The same bird made its debut in the Season One finale. I suspect it's going to be a finale tradition. Not that I think it's significant... it, too, is one of many things thrown in to get the fans all a titter. Like "the numbers," a whimsical mix of an easter egg and a MacGuffin.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          And the final scene was a biggie, serving to dismiss "post apocolypse" and probably also "alternative universe/planet" scenarios. Hurley's "another time" line in "The Long Con" was aimed at time travel theorists, and so on.
                          Parts of me say those theories got dismissed in other epsiodes, like the one where they found the pallet of food that was parachuted in.

However it maybe that the island is in another dimension and there are gateways (I am guessing at least 2,maybe more) from Earth to that dimension. There is at least one way to get out, which is where Michael and Walt are traveling too, at 325 degrees.

Desmond was traveling west which is at 270 degrees and look where it got him.

Also it seems that the island is east of Fiji. Which might suggest that two guys in the research station might be in the Andes Mountain Range in South America.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                            The earlier reply is correct -- that dock is near Chinaman's Hat in Kaneohe Bay, near Kualoa Beach Park. Actually, nearer to the big macadamia nut outlet before you get to KBP. You can park there and walk down to the dock. (waves at the photo-taking 'renegade')
                            I've got a good list of "LOST" locations to visit over the next week or so, so this is definitely on the list. But according to this page by the great Rabbett (one of the first locals to go nuts with QuickTime VRs, besides our own zztype), access is somewhat limited: "Access to the Waikane Pier is not public, is restricted, very well hidden and guarded by several big ole German Shepherds." Anyone know if this is still the case?

Comment

I read somebody's comment (elsewhere) that she hoped "Lost" wasn't heading into "Twin Peaks" territory, so I went searching to see if that comparison had been made before. It has, in a letter to a Chicago Tribune columnist. Here's her reply (Nov. 16, 2005 -- the night of the "tailies" 48-day flashback).

I thought I'd get her thoughts on the finale; found those here.
                              Last edited by Linkmeister; May 27, 2006, 03:59 PM. Reason: Added finale thoughts link from same columnist
                              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                                However it maybe that the island is in another dimension and there are gateways (I am guessing at least 2,maybe more) from Earth to that dimension. There is at least one way to get out, which is where Michael and Walt are traveling too, at 325 degrees.

Desmond was traveling west which is at 270 degrees and look where it got him.

Also it seems that the island is east of Fiji. Which might suggest that two guys in the research station might be in the Andes Mountain Range in South America.
                                I like the parallel dimension idea. Maybe the Dharma people know how to intentionally open a dimensional gate (e.g. to do a food drop). And maybe sometimes the gates can open due to severe electromagnetic events (e.g. the Losties' plane crash, the arrival of Rousseau's team, and other unintentional strandings).

Comment

Working...
                                X