American Idol Season Five (2006)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: American Idol Season Five (2006)

Why feel embarrassed? We are all underdogs like taylor (especially if we are writing in these forums! ) How many of us can really say we could be up on that stage? I have helped so many artist since 1998 and I can count on one hand how many have sold albums. It takes a lot to get to the top. American Idol is a great shortcut!

(right now I am helping a former idol hopeful with some songs, so it is still a struggle)

Comment

And y'know what? I'm voting for him again tonight!

But I never need to see that purple velvet blazer again!

Wooooh! <head snap>

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
        [...]It takes a lot to get to the top. American Idol is a great shortcut!

(right now I am helping a former idol hopeful with some songs, so it is still a struggle)
        Jordan, by chance?

I, too, love AI for the opportunity it affords talent who, by and large, wouldn't stand a chance at a break otherwise.

After tonight's AI I happened to channel surf into the Academy of Country Music Awards. I have no interest in country music...at all...but Carrie Underwood, last year's AI winner, was singing at the time so I watched. Wow! In the hour I've been watching while working, she's won 2 awards...either best single or best song AND either best female vocalist or best new female vocalist. She looked stunning and has clearly taken country music by storm. Aha, first year winner, Kelly Clarkson, is singing now. Where would these 2 talented gals be without American Idol?

Comment

Carried sounded so good tonight! Im so happy she won two awards.

I've never voted in AI even though I've wanted to. Taylor is so...so...ahhh! Love him love him love him love him!

-k

Comment

DIALIDOL.COM says:
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Wow! In the hour I've been watching while working, she's won 2 awards...either best single or best song AND either best female vocalist or best new female vocalist.
              She won Single Of The Year and also Best New Female Vocalist.
              Carrie was absolutely awesome and I've been a huge fan of hers ever since I first saw her on AI. There was no doubt at all, even back then, that she'd be a huge star in the country genre. (I'm curious how she got out of her contract with AI and signed with Clive Davis and Arista Records.)
              Kelly Clarkson didn't even come close. Her singing in the CMA's last night was off-key and extremely shaky, and she clearly had stage fright in front of that crowd. I gave Carrie a '10' and Kelly a '2'.
              Country music is certainly changing for the better. I wasn't a fan of the old-style country music, but the new style rocks! After last night's show I feel like heading right out to buy anything by Gretchen Wilson, Rascal Flatts, and Sugarland, as well as that group whose name I've forgotten (not enough coffee yet) -- two guys on acoustic guitar and two girls, and fantastic 4-part harmonies reminiscent of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I don't even watch this show, but apparently it's impossible to not know the last two are Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee. And that last night, Taylor outshone Katharine. Taylor will probably win. But a Katharine win would probably be better for the show -- outcries and claims of conspiracies included.

They'll milk the end for all it's worth with a two-hour finale that'll recap the season exhaustively and no doubt bring out a parade of celebrities and near celebrities to bask in the glow of hit television. Even though "the results" barely need a moment of air time for gasps, screams, and blubbering.

I honestly think I'd give the show more of a chance if it didn't invest so much time in admiring itself. One hour, one night a week would be perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                  ...as well as that group whose name I've forgotten (not enough coffee yet) -- two guys on acoustic guitar and two girls, and fantastic 4-part harmonies reminiscent of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young.
                  Oh, you mean Little Big Town! I love them!

Sorry, nothing more than that to add. I guess Chris got offered a gig in Fuel, so getting booted might turn out to be the best thing for him.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                    I honestly think I'd give the show more of a chance if it didn't invest so much time in admiring itself. One hour, one night a week would be perfect.
                    Ditto. I watched it in the past, especially when we had Hawai`i talent on it, but have only taken occasional and very brief peeks this year. I saw Elliot sing a song early in the season and thought at the time that he'd win it all.
                    As for tonight, I'll skip the final results in favor of LOST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                      Oh, you mean Little Big Town! I love them!
                      Bingo! Thanks!
                      And here's the link to their website.
                      Last edited by LikaNui; May 24, 2006, 09:47 AM. Reason: added link to website

Comment

All I Can Say Is soul Patrol! Aoooowww!
                        Last edited by admin; May 24, 2006, 05:30 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tag. AI hasn't aired in Hawaii yet.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                          [...]Kelly Clarkson didn't even come close. Her singing in the CMA's last night was off-key and extremely shaky[...]
                          Well, my ol' ears are definitely off-key so Kelly sounded fine to me! And I was already shaky from a car 'accident' so Kelly's and my shakes were probably in sync. I didn't notice a thing! The only 'problem' I saw with her was her wardrobe. It was so unflattering. But, that's just nitpicking! I enjoyed her performance but Carrie was clearly the shining star. I agree with you that country music has changed for the better. I'm still not a fan but I'm more willing to give it a chance.

Comment

Just an FYI... Carrie will be performing at the very start of the show and then again during the 2nd hour. Her voice is perfection, unlike the 2 finalists tonight. This is a fun finale show so far. I really enjoyed Kellie Pickler. Irrespective of what DIALIDOL.COM's scores were for each of the finalists tonight, I think this guy deserves it, ugly velvet blazer and all [BUT THIS ISN'T A SPOILER]

* I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by speedtek
                              All I Can Say Is soul Patrol! Aoooowww!
                              THIS WASN'T A SPOILER.....JUST A STATEMENT!

Comment

After the Mary J. Blige/Elliott Yemin duet did I see her walking off stage, leaving him behind? Maybe that's happened with the other pairings/groupings, too, and the camera didn't catch it but, dang, that just seems so rude to me.

And that Chris Daughtry...<swoon!>

Comment

Working...
                                X