Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UofH Hilo!!

Heck the first semester I was there...

I was in a class with a police officer who had murdered his wife....
    (the school couldn't prevent him from attending classes while he was out on bail and waiting for trial)

Ex-Hilo Officer Kenneth Mattheson!!!

Last edited by damontucker; May 12, 2006, 11:45 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

OMG

WHAT AM I GETTING INTO HERE!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon007
        OMG

I haven't seen anything posted here I don't believe yet...!

Wait till you hear about the stories of old Puna... "The Wild Wild West of Hawaii"
        Last edited by damontucker; May 13, 2006, 06:41 PM.

Comment

OMG

Brandon...

I hope you stay with HawaiiThreads...

I would love to hear your opinions in a year.

Comment

OMG WHAT AM I GETTING INTO HERE!
            Don't worry, I've lived here 30 years and counting. I wouldn't live anywhere
            else. Yes there is "issues" and some eccentric people that live here. But as
            long as you don't bring that mainland attitude, you shouldn't have much trouble
            living here.
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

OMG

If your looking for a girlfriend/wife/parnter...etc...

Your one step up on a lot people that attend the school there the first year... at least you will have your car there and be able to ask some chicks for a "date" off campus if you wanted.

I know of at least one other regular poster that met a wife while attending the school there...

Just remember... keep all options open...
              Last edited by damontucker; May 13, 2006, 07:44 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

OMG

Honestly dude...if you accept going to the school... it is a pretty good school.

there are those that like it..and those that don't...

My recommendations to you... find the hottest surfer chick w/out a car and try and be her friend... friends lead to other things...

Honestly...you have the key to hooking up at UH Hilo and that is shipping your car there... I doubt I would have had the gf there at the time had i not had a car..

No worry beef curry...

Have fun... and try and lay low...

manoasurfer123
                Last edited by damontucker; May 13, 2006, 08:42 PM. Reason: typos...err.

Comment

Originally posted by Konaguy
                  Don't worry, I've lived here 30 years and counting. I wouldn't live anywhere
                  else. Yes there is "issues" and some eccentric people that live here.
                  Yes and most of them seem to travel on the bus between Hilo and Kona!

Peter F
                  Last edited by kumukulanui; May 13, 2006, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                    Honestly...you have the key to hooking up at UH Hilo and that is shipping your car there... I doubt I would have had the gf there at the time had i not had a car

Right. Because every girl goes to college not for an education or to meet new people, but to find a guy with a car to drive us around, because that's what girls want.

Excuse me?

Sorry, that is the second dumbest thing I've read on this board this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe

Right. Because every girl goes to college not for an education or to meet new people, but to find a guy with a car to drive us around, because that's what girls want.

Excuse me?

I kid you not kilinahe...

You know me... I'm not the best looking of guys... but I sure got a lot of dates with a lot of girls before I settled down with a girl on the tennis team...

You know how easy it was to say to some girl stuck in the dorms...."hey... you want to go to hapuna this weekend???" or... "wanna go camping on the other side of the island somewhere"..

Having a car really helps just to get out of the rain... if you know what I mean...and as you know the beaches on the Hilo side suck compared to the kona side...

(And what girl doesn't like to go to beaches?)

I don't think I would have dad half the amount of dates I had those first few months at UH Hilo had I not had a car.

And for a guy... it's real hard to ask a lady out on a date and say....
                      "wanna ride bikes to the movies... or ... Want to walk to the mall....etc."

I'm not saying it's a key to hooking up... however I will say it makes it much easier.

Manoa
                      Last edited by damontucker; May 14, 2006, 06:36 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

I figure for a guy, having a car makes it easier to get a date or to have a night out with his wife. It just makes sense. Whether a lady accepts the invitation is up to her. Which also just makes sense. Nobody goes to college just to get dates, but dating is a part of life and a good one at that. Nuff said.
                        Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man
                          I figure for a guy, having a car makes it easier to get a date or to have a night out with his wife. It just makes sense. Whether a lady accepts the invitation is up to her. Which also just makes sense. Nobody goes to college just to get dates, but dating is a part of life and a good one at that. Nuff said.
                          Thank you for understanding what I was trying to get across Menehune Man.
                          And might I add on that it's even worse that Hilo doesn't have a public bus system like Honolulu....(or even one at all... other than the once around the Island Hele On)

I know that when I was single...and I didn't have a car... I always thought..."Gee... If I only had a car I could....etc..."

Manoa

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe

Excuse me?

HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH....

im trying to get my g/f to come with me! so dont worry

Comment

HAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAH....

im trying to get my g/f to come with me! so dont worry
                              Well now, that's the very Best thing to happen! Hope she comes. If you can still pick up a car though. For the betterment of your time together.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Thanks...I really hope it happens.

As a matter of fact ill be in Hilo on the 11th of next month in June until the 15th to check it all out: campus, beaches and the volcano of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X