Podcasting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Podcasting!

Hee! Thanks, 2-2. Our "Lost" show is a trip. And while making #21 was exciting, we eventually climbed to #7. Had something like 32,000 downloads that week. Things are subsiding (including the torrent of e-mail), finally.

Speaking of kudos, I'd like to again praise the HawaiiDiner.com podcast, still one of my favorite local shows. In their latest episode, they landed an interview with Kerry Simon, who you might have seen kicking Cat Cora's butt in "Iron Chef."

Comment

Billy V's new podcast sounds great...

http://www.hawaiian-music.net/

Comment

Please give Keith and the Girl a try. Just two adults talking SH*T...funny stuff. Not many podcasters do a show 5 days a week , but they do.
        Last edited by alohabear; December 28, 2005, 04:04 PM.
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Hawaii Podcast article

Hey guys there is an article in this weeks midweek, it even showcases our very own pzarquon.

Midweek article on Hawaii Podcast

Comment

Re: Hawaii Podcast article

Wow. Online already. Congrats to our very own GlossyP (HawaiiDiner.com), the wild crew at Doctor Trey (DoctorTrey.com), the charming and disarming V. Brown (808Talk), the insuppressible Todd (GeekNewsCentral.com), and the awesome Keola (Nahenahe.net) for the great write-up, too.

Heh. Figures that our (my wife and I) claim to fame is now being podcast quitters rather than innovators. I'm still doing HawaiiUP when I can, keeping it fun, but I guess the whole "LOST" thing is just more interesting.

My mom took that photo of us , by the way, not Byron Lee.

The Midweek piece is actually going to have a podcast (audio) extension, it looks like, as writer Carol Chang joined the Doctor Trey crew in Kaneohe for a recorded gab session.

Comment

I hope your mama gets royalties for that photo! She should sign and number them and sell 'em on the Zoo fence!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by 808golfer
                Hey guys there is an article in this weeks midweek, it even showcases our very own pzarquon.

Midweek article on Hawaii Podcast

What a shame that the MidWeek story didn't see fit to cross-promote the podcasts done by its own Jo McGarry at her www.wineanddinehawaii.com.

She promotes MidWeek on her site ... why not reciprocate?

Where's the love?
                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Maybe because it's an extension of her radio show? I thought it a bit odd too but figured the reporter had her parameters and was looking at people who don't do other types of broadcasting.

Comment

Island podcasts/your favorite podcast

I was hoping someone here might know of a directory for local podcast from Hawaii? I just want to check out some local podcast, and see how they have progressed in the past year. 8 to 10 months ago when I started listening to podcast. I knew of only two podcast, one was from a radio station(808hawaii?), and the other was done by a local Japanese male,and his haole wife from their home in Millani. He did the local news, and she rated DVD rentals on the podcast. It was kinda cute, but got old fast for me. But if I lived on the mainland I could see enjoying their daily podcast without getting tired of it too!

I'd like to create my own podcast too. Does anybody know if the built in mic in Macs are good enough for podcast?

Like I said I've been listening to podcast for almost a year now. Below are a few of my favorite podcast.; What about you folks, have any favorite podcast s you'd like to share with the HawaiiThreads.com Ohana?

1.) TWIT( This week in Tech) great for geeks
                    2.)PCH( Pacific Coast Hellway) Host Mark Yoshimoto Nemkoff does podcast from car. Semi XXX rated
                    3.) Bill Press Show(progressive radio)
                    4.) Shadow Falls( like old-time radio show)

Comment

Re: Island podcasts/your favorite podcast

Originally posted by Beachboy
                      I was hoping someone here might know of a directory for local podcast from Hawaii?
                      There's the Hawaii Association of Podcasters, and the Aloha Podcast Network.
                      I just want to check out some local podcast, and see how they have progressed in the past year. 8 to 10 months ago when I started listening to podcast. I knew of only two podcast, one was from a radio station(808hawaii?), and the other was done by a local Japanese male,and his haole wife from their home in Millani. He did the local news, and she rated DVD rentals on the podcast. It was kinda cute, but got old fast for me. But if I lived on the mainland I could see enjoying their daily podcast without getting tired of it too!
                      Vernon (808Talk) is good people, and even better, he's got no radio background or connection. Just a guy at home with a decent recording rig and something to say -- like most great podcasters. The man is a podcasting machine, too. I can't remember the last time he missed a weekly show, plus he also puts out periodic videos.

As for the guy who got old, that's HawaiiUP, and yeah, I get sick of that guy too! Though frankly I'll never get tired of my wife's segments (which are more than DVDs).

Then again, as both Vernon and I know, the primary audience for our shows has turned out to be people outside Hawaii. Folks who are from here but living elsewhere, or people with a strong interest in the state. We both talk about local happenings, but it's old news if you live here in Hawaii. Vernon's show in particular is geared toward the Hawaii lover and potential visitor.

He speaks from the perspective of someone who relocated here and is still discovering wonderful things (for example, he's just about the only person I've heard call rising home prices "good news"!). He wants you to discover Hawaii with him. Meanwhile I ramble from the perspective of a born and raised local kid who loves everything about Hawaii... even the stuff that sucks. Ever since my USENET days, I feel closest to the expatriates who left but can't give up their connection to the islands.
                      I'd like to create my own podcast too. Does anybody know if the built in mic in Macs are good enough for podcast?
                      Hey, for a start, for experimentation, absolutely! But if you get the podcast bug, like many of us have, you're going to have to resist going overboard with fancy hardware and other goodies. Todd Cochrane (Geek News Central) has said he's spent nearly $20,000 on his love of podcasting, and he's even got a business (or two!) focused on it.

If you've got a Mac, though, you're in the best position to start playing with podcasting. Fire up GarageBand and choose "Podcast" and just go for it! (But I started on a PC, and did just fine with a $15 RadioShack mic and Audacity (which is free). And, of course, the fine members of the Hawaii Association of Podcasters are always willing to give advice and feedback.
                      Like I said I've been listening to podcast for almost a year now. Below are a few of my favorite podcast.; What about you folks, have any favorite podcast s you'd like to share with the HawaiiThreads.com Ohana?
                      We've mentioned a few before. Personally, I listen to as many of my fellow local podcasters as I can -- 808Talk (weekly), Geek News Central (twice weekly), HawaiiDiner.com (now monthly), Keola's Nahenahe.Net Hawaiian Music Podcast...

Beyond that, I listen to several NPR feeds (On The Media, Wait! Wait! Don't Tell Me!, Science Friday), Filmspotting, Coverville, The Word Nerds, several Mac shows (Maccast, Macworld Podcast, MacBreak), various tech shows (TWiT, GeekBrief)... And as a podcaster, I check in randomly with Adam Curry now and then.

To be honest, though, from PCH to Shadow Falls to (the now vamped up) GeekBrief, an affiliation with Podshow is starting to be a good sign that I won't like a show for long...

Of course, I'm also a big LOST fan. I used to do a LOST podcast, and started the Lost Podcasting Network to collect the many others out there. My wife and I are good friends and fans of Jay and Jack and I tune in to LOSTCasts (some shows are better at sticking to the topic than others, but some banter I can take).

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                        As for the guy who got old, that's HawaiiUP, and yeah, I get sick of that guy too!
                        Yeah, I think the problem is that guy spreads himself too thin, what with having to be a website cop and all that; too many demands on his time. He said it best himself at the site: spends too much time, and puts too much of his life, online. Of course, that doesn't mean we aren't grateful...

Comment

...and the other was done by a local Japanese male,and his haole wife from their home in Millani. He did the local news, and she rated DVD rentals on the podcast. It was kinda cute, but got old fast for me. But if I lived on the mainland I could see enjoying their daily podcast without getting tired of it too!
                          Mmm. How's that foot tasting, Beachboy?

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                            Mmm. How's that foot tasting, Beachboy?
                            Kilihane... that is just toooooo funny!!!!

And I hope it's the foot that was infected!

J/K Beachboy!

Comment

Alright... got Doctor Trey added to my iPod to check out on the way to work next time.

Comment

BRAVO! i was looking for this....

pretty sure the club301 podcast is waaaaaay to.... inappropriate.... seeing as we swear and drink and gereally cause a lot of trouble. but hey! it's podcasting!

checking out the site now....

***EDIT: we're on there!!! BRAVO BRAVO!!!
                                Last edited by christa; September 22, 2006, 11:54 AM.
                                life is ok sometimes

Comment

Working...
                                X