X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
    No scoldings from dis Auntie. Just Ignore um. Not worth it getting Mad. Das wat dey like. I learned to get up and walk away. No sense getting another TIA.

Life is Short.

Too much Pilikia makes Humbug.

Real Life, I would Whack Whack the SOBS long time ago!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Keep cool girlfriend....

Dey NUTS!!

Auntie Lynn
    Thank you!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

No scoldings from dis Auntie. Just Ignore um. Not worth it getting Mad. [...]
      Yah...what Auntie said! It's okay, IP. I'm in the midst of turning up the heat on sensei in another thread. Sometime we just gotta do what we just gotta do!

Comment

Okay Spartacus, which one is Craig Foo?

Originally posted by Craig Foo View Post
        I'm Craig Foo
        Originally posted by Waioli Kai View Post
        No, I'm Craig Foo
        I'm Craig Foo
        Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
        No, I'm Craig Foo

Comment

Originally posted by woodman View Post
          Okay Spartacus, which one is Craig Foo?
          Well, I personally know 1stWahine AND Composite 2992 and can vouch for their authenticity and individuality.

That leaves two others... or is it three, including thee?
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I forget --- what's this thread supposed to be about again?

Comment

I feel a sense of responsibility to return this thread to its topic.

So here it is:

We support the Superferry as another option to travel within our State. And, just because we support the Superferry for that reason, it doesn't mean that we dismiss any studies that are required by law or care to speculate if the political powers intended any malice in their decisions.

What we do not support is attacks and ridiculous insinuations against passengers of the Superferry, in particular residents on Oahu.
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post

What we do not support is attacks and ridiculous insinuations against passengers of the Superferry, in particular residents on Oahu.
                Who is "attacking" passengers of the Superferry, or Oahu residents?

I must have missed that post.

I find it interesting that when I post points offered by those neighbor island residents who oppose the Superferry, "I" am met with belittling remarks by Superferry supporters; remarks that imply "My" thinking is less than intelligent for even presenting those points and summarily dismissing them as “nonsense”.

I don’t see how that is much different from a neighborhood bully wanting to park his car in your yard, and in the course of discussing the issue declares, ”Shut-up! No one wants to listen to what you have to say because it’s so stupid that it’s not worth listening to.”

It lends a great deal of credence to claims by neighbor islanders that they are being FORCED to accept this, that it is being rammed down their throats.

I just want to see who is doing this from the other side of the issue. I’m sure that they have their share of hard-headed individuals, I just haven’t seen too much of it.

Comment

We support the Superferry as another option to travel within our State. And, just because we support the Superferry for that reason, it doesn't mean that we dismiss any studies that are required by law or care to speculate if the political powers intended any malice in their decisions.
                  You said it perfectly, and I agree on all counts.
                  My personal preference is to see the SuperFerry allowed to operate while the EA is done to see if a full EIS is needed.I've made it very clear in the past that I have certain reservations about the SuperFerry, but the newbies and trolls aren't aware of that.
                  And frankly, Scarlet...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                    You said it perfectly, and I agree on all counts.
                    My personal preference is to see the SuperFerry allowed to operate while the EA is done to see if a full EIS is needed.I've made it very clear in the past that I have certain reservations about the SuperFerry, but the newbies and trolls aren't aware of that.
                    And frankly, Scarlet...
                    Thanks LikaNui, and not because you too are a supporter of the Superferry, but that you understood my point of view.

And to clarify WOODMAN since you inquired about any unknown "attacks" against Superferry passengers and/or Oahu residents, my definition is simple it's the "generalizations" of Oahu residents being posted here listed as reasons for opposing the Superferry, ie. drugs, copper theft, homelessness, illegal camping, depleting opihi, etc.

These generalizations don't apply to ALL of Oahu residents or even to any of the HT supporters, and so it's an "attack" against me and my household, and I'm sure as well as others. When these generalizations are posted there should be some facts to support it, otherwise it lacks credibility and becomes labeled as fearmongering.

I won't make any generalizations of the people on Kauai based on the actions of some protestors. It wouldn't be fair or right for that matter.

I'm sure you too saw the footage of the protestors on Kauai, specifically those pounding on the personal vehicle of a passenger as well as the direct shouting and screaming to the individuals in the vehicle, if you don't consider it an "attack" against a Superferry passenger and Oahu resident, what do you call it?
                    ___
                    "Be god to each other."

Comment

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

The question was:

Who is "attacking" passengers of the Superferry, or Oahu residents?
                      And the obvious answer was:

I'm sure you too saw the footage of the protestors on Kauai, specifically those pounding on the personal vehicle of a passenger as well as the direct shouting and screaming to the individuals in the vehicle, if you don't consider it an "attack" against a Superferry passenger and Oahu resident, what do you call it?
                      To which I'll only add that the "shouting and screaming" of the Kauai protesters included threats and obscenities... and that the innocent passengers being screamed at had their children with them, and those children were subjected to those verbal attacks and obscenities.
                      TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE behavior on the part of the protesters.

Comment

And to clarify WOODMAN since you inquired about any unknown "attacks" against Superferry passengers and/or Oahu residents, my definition is simple it's the "generalizations" of Oahu residents being posted here listed as reasons for opposing the Superferry, ie. drugs, copper theft, homelessness, illegal camping, depleting opihi, etc.
                        With increased population come increased problems. I see S/F opponents acknowledge this and raise it as a legitimate point of concern.

What infrastructure allotments/improvements planned for development are there that account for this increase?

When you extrapolate from that to make it an attack on a specific group of people, and disregard it with that narrow consideration, you have effectively dismissed the concerns of those people without even bothering to address them.

So this basically takes the concerns of a particular group, then attempts to link it to an irrelevant topic for the purpose of summarily dismissing it.

These generalizations don't apply to ALL of Oahu residents or even to any of the HT supporters, and so it's an "attack" against me and my household, and I'm sure as well as others.
                        I don't understand.

Please clarify this further.

When these generalizations are posted there should be some facts to support it, otherwise it lacks credibility and becomes labeled as fearmongering.
                        I see that these people have legitimate concerns that they wish to see addressed. It is not fearmongering to to assume that there will be increase in crime. They are simply saying that it is clearly going to happen and they want the issue to be addressed.

To my knowledge, no one has yet made any account for this.

Now that the boat is here, it is a little laTe to start figuring this out, s someone clearly dropped the ball.

I'm sure you too saw the footage of the protesters on Kauai, specifically those pounding on the personal vehicle of a passenger as well as the direct shouting and screaming to the individuals in the vehicle, if you don't consider it an "attack" against a Superferry passenger and Oahu resident, what do you call it?
                        Those were not protesters, they were criminals who should face fines and punishment.

That kind of behavior wil not help to resolve ANY issue.
                        Last edited by woodman; October 1, 2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Those were not protesters
                          So, anybody need any more proof that there's another internet troll in our midst?

Comment

It lends a great deal of credence to claims by neighbor islanders that they are being FORCED to accept this, that it is being rammed down their throats.
                            No one is forcing anyone to use the SuperFerry service. It's just another option to get from one island to another. With the exception of NCL all the other ways to get from island to island are not going to go away.

Comment

*sigh*

I tried, I really did WOODMAN to clarify my point of view as well as welcome you to HT. But I won't make it part of my personal agenda to get you to understand me, honestly it doesn't seem worth my time.

Have a good week.
                              ___
                              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Lika,

I've posted a lot of things in a lot topics in a lot of other threads. You don't even have enough guts to quote my full sentence.

I guess mods and Admin must have allowed you some sort of special dispensation, otherwise, why else would they allow you to go around touting indignation on behalf of others. ...and you call "me" a troll?

Stop following me through threads.

If you have a problem with my posts you can contact a mod or Admin, or you can P/M me directly, but stop following me through threads. It's called "stalking" and when it is employed for the purpose of intentionally misrepresenting views and opinions of others (as you have done to me) it is stalking for the purpose of harassment.

[edit]

InfinityProductions, it may interest you to know that I really don't have a definative position on this issue.

I became intersted when I saw the turnout on at the hearings in Kauai, and called a few friends there to get their view.

When they raised concerns that I had not seen brought up in the media, I figured that I would post some of those points myself and surely they would be addressed in reasonable discussion.

If we end up in disagreement, Fine.

What's wrong with that?
                                I often disagree with my wife, and I MARRIED her!
                                unfortunately, I suspect that lot of people make WAAAaayyyy too much of this because they are overinvested on a personal level and it affects their faculties for discussion.
                                Last edited by woodman; October 1, 2007, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X