National TV Ads You Like - Chapter 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National TV Ads You Like - Chapter 2

I love the one for Kia Sorrento that has the creepy sock monkey and other toys singing "How you like me now?" catchy song, cute concept!
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Re: National TV Ads You Like

I like the Old Spice commercials - the technology involved in getting the one,long continuous shot is amazing.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      I like the Old Spice commercials - the technology involved in getting the one,long continuous shot is amazing.
      Amazing indeed. I'd love to see a comprehensive "making of/behind the scenes" of those spots.

Comment

I saw something like that about the first commercial. The guys at the ad agency are very young.
        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
          I saw something like that about the first commercial. The guys at the ad agency are very young.
          So much creativity oozes out of the ad agency youngsters! They haven't yet learned that it (whatever "it" might be) is impossible and can't be done...so they just figure out a way to do it!

Comment

the series of toyota commercials for the seinna van has a broadcast version and an extended internet series of the family that loves their minivan.
            http://toyotaswaggerwagon.com/
            the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

I just love the Kaiser Permanente Where Do Babies Come From spot. It appears to me the kids' answers are unscripted. So cute, esp. some of their expressions.

Comment

Anyone wanna comment on by the latest Jack in the Box spot - the one where Jack's dad opens the door and asks Jack's mom to call the doctor, because, he says, after looking down below his waist, "It's been more than four hours."

Hilarious - but will it sell the breakfast sandwiches (2 for $3)?

Comment

I really like the Alstate Insurance with the burly guy that pretends he's all these different characters...a teenager girl, a jogger, a big-time executive.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

**bump**

and another plug for HP - I love their latest commercial with the baby in the walker and "I've got a brand new roller skate" song. I'd love to have the printer and I just think its really cute!
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think it's a Saturn commercial, where you see a little girl sitting in the driver's seat and her Dad cautioning her before handing over the keys.

Comment

Re: National TV Ads You Like - Chapter 2

Just saw a commecial from Jack in the Box where Jack is at the dentist and under the influence of laughing gas.

Comment

Love Target's black Friday and 2 day sale spots...all with the same middle age, blond, Beverly Hills type lady. I didn't love the 1st one (she's exercising for the Friday morning rush) 'til after I'd seen it a few times. The 2nd spot where she's first in line and plastered against the glass wall (after practicing that position) made me laugh the first time I saw it. Now, the 3rd spot has her recording sections of a Christmas carol on recordable cards and putting them back on the rack then walking away with a smarmy grin on her face. The casting was spot on. She's great. My guess is the ad agency's creative dept. might've used the Progressive Insurance spots with Flo as a jumping off point then brainstormed from there.

I'm looking forward to Target's Christmas commercials!

Comment

ah, TutuSue - you read my mind. I totally love spot #3 - she looks like a total phycho shopper and I love it! Her face when she is making the recordings is classic. I was actually coming on here to post about this spot - you beat me to it
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Anapuni, considering the concept's demographics, it'll be interesting to see if the younger HT members like the spot(s) as much as we, ummm, senior members do! Or, if anyone else has even noticed them!

Comment

Working...
                              X