New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hawaii Five-0: Episode & Storyline Discussion

yeah - Grace was definitely good tonite. but damn - why does she have to look so good in a bikini? girlfriend has no hips! she makes the rest of us just look really bad.
    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
      yeah - Grace was definitely good tonite. but damn - why does she have to look so good in a bikini? girlfriend has no hips! she makes the rest of us just look really bad.
      Remember, the camera adds 10 lbs. She must be overly thin in person. Cute gal, tho'.

Comment

fire the writers. fire the writers! Fire The Writers. Fire The Writers!!! FIRE THE WRITERS. FIRE. THE. WRITERS. FIRE THE WRITERS!!! FIRE!! THE!!! WRITERS!!!

This episode is painful to watch! The storyline and dialogue were very awkward and disappointing. I'm disappointed. I want Hawaii Five O to succeed, but the episodes have lost something since the pilot episode. And why so many haole jokes? Oh, did I mention - FIRE THE WRITERS!!!
        ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Aaagh! I tivoed it so I'm still watching, but I hate so many things about this episode! The acting is awful! The DP got some very beautiful, creative shots, but the storyline, well....
          I think it was written by someone who has never been to hawaii, but probably wikipediaed it!

Comment

but the haole jokes were funny! I don't usually laugh at tv shows but I did laugh a couple of times tonite. oh, and for the record - I am white. There is a difference between being "haole" and being "white". and Danno is definitely haole!
            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Remember, the camera adds 10 lbs. She must be overly thin in person. Cute gal, tho'.
              then I guess its ok to feel sorry for her because she is so skinny?
              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                then I guess its ok to feel sorry for her because she is so skinny?
                not nice! she's thin, but healthy and full of energy! don't hate!

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
                  fire the writers. fire the writers! Fire The Writers. Fire The Writers!!! FIRE THE WRITERS. FIRE. THE. WRITERS. FIRE THE WRITERS!!! FIRE!! THE!!! WRITERS!!!

This episode is painful to watch! The storyline and dialogue were very awkward and disappointing. I'm disappointed. I want Hawaii Five O to succeed, but the episodes have lost something since the pilot episode. And why so many haole jokes? Oh, did I mention - FIRE THE WRITERS!!!
                  Aaagh! I tivoed it so I'm still watching, but I hate so many things about this episode! The acting is awful! The DP got some very beautiful, creative shots, but the storyline, well....
                  I think it was written by someone who has never been to hawaii, but probably wikipediaed it!
                  I couldn't disagree with you more, TG. The plot was topical (only the names have been changed to protect the guilty!!!), the acting was on par with previous eps with Grace shining, finally, this week. The only ep I was somewhat disappointed in was #2. I thoroughly enjoyed tonight's ep. It's the ol' "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" thingie!

And anapuni's smiley face indicated she was being funny, not serious!

Comment

not nice! she's thin, but healthy and full of energy! don't hate!
                    jeez TG - it was a joke. I'm very overweight (read as fat) so i'm allowed to make jokes. relax!
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

"The only thing was why is Waimea Bay so calm if this story occurred during the surfing season? "

LOL!! Ya, I saw that, too.... almost like glass, with everyone on their long boards in that last memorial scene, bobbing up and down on those dinky little waves. Quite beautiful, but not a winter shot, fer sure.

Comment

I thought last night's episode was a loser, for the most part. I agree with TG about the bad writing, and most of the acting was sub-par as well. I think last night's episode will cause the ratings for next week's show to drop rather strongly.
                        I enjoyed seeing Butch Helemano as the chanting priest in the ash scattering scene at the end.
                        And early in the episode Grace Park was talking to Ben while sitting on a rocky ledge -- the screen said it was Waimea Bay, though it was really Koko Head and you could clearly see Hawaii Kai in the background.
                        I also enjoyed hearing Bruddah IZ at the end, though he didn't get any credits for it.
                        There were some continuity issues too. There was the scene where the guys on dirt bikes rode through the camp starting fires; Grace knocked one of them off his bike when she hit him in the chest as he went by her, but later he was picked as the bad guy because of a black eye. She never touched his head.
                        Overall, the show is getting weaker. Bummer.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

And why so many haole jokes? Oh, did I mention - FIRE THE WRITERS!!!
                          The writers should use H-word instead of haole. For example, one character could say, "Hey, what you doin hea, H-word!"

Comment

WB - thats a good one! it seems that only the "haoles" have issues with the H-word.
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

TG - I just sent you an email. I hope you will read it and respond
                              – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

A bit of a fuss going on about Daniel Dae Kim referring to "flip flops" instead of slippahs, but it turns out he really wanted them to say slippahs but got overruled by the execs who thought mainlanders would think he meant bedroom slippers. Too bad. He could've said slippahs and then explained to Danno what it meant.
                                Another thing came up in today's paper and it was something I noticed in the last episode too. That was when the leader of the Kapu gang met with the 5-O gang in the fancy bar at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. That was strange enough, but even stranger was that he was drinking a touristy Blue Hawaiian.
                                As if.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X