Vog UNAPPRECIATION thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vog UNAPPRECIATION thread

never in my life have I contemplated suicide (hyperbole, chill fam) until this frickin' vog is causing me to gag (and sometimes vomit)

If I were general manager of Hawaii, I'd sign and trade the volcano to california for earthquakes and a 8% GE plus a 5th round draft pick.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Vog UNAPPRECIATION thread

i dunno mike? they can keep the 8% ge. looks like our beloved mayor wants us taxpayers to cough up 4 million to keep "the boat" afloat. think i heard about that on the news the other day? or, did i read it in the paper? sorry, i'd post the link but my brain is a wee bit "voggy" at the moment.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

We keep a steady supply of albuterol, loratadine, and beclomethasone for miserable times as these. I take beclomethasone every day for asthma maintenance, but the albuterol inhalers dot the house, about as much as my reading glasses do! Before she took her 4th-grade Big Isle trip last week, Kid 1 was suffering from the vog. I was amazed that it caused her eyes to get bloodshot. The doctor is having us give the girls the albuterol and the loratadine twice daily through the vog times.
      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Tradewinds are back (albeit somewhat light) here on the windward side, and most of the vog has vanished already.
        Thank you Jesus! (Or insert deity of your choice.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

a big mahalo to the wind god/goddess. sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but them meterologists seem to think that the tradewinds will be short lived and the return of the VOG is in our very near future. cough!
          "chaos reigns within.
          order shall return."

Comment

Lesse, if I sold A/C units for a living, now would be a very good time to go a prospectin' at the hospitals/medical centers and lookin' for people with asthmatic/respiratory conditions. $$$$$$!

J/K!
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
              Lesse, if I sold A/C units for a living, now would be a very good time to go a prospectin' at the hospitals/medical centers and lookin' for people with asthmatic/respiratory conditions. $$$$$$!

J/K!
              j/k indeed. i had quite the laugh when i imagined that scenario to its likely ending. code gray, anyone?
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

From my perch, Manoa Valley is almost clear. Green prevails; white, fluffy clouds, too! Still a little haze but not enough to be lethal like this morning...couldn't see Manoa Valley AT ALL!

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                  j/k indeed. i had quite the laugh when i imagined that scenario to its likely ending. code gray, anyone?
                  It was just another morbid joke I threw out there. Fits right next to doing a job hunt by going through the obituaries.
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                    It was just another morbid joke I threw out there. Fits right next to doing a job hunt by going through the obituaries.
                    funny. before i met & fell in love w/eric, that's how i used to look for dates.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

It's funny how a small hole in the ground can spew that much smoke as to blanket the entire island chain. I work out in Kapolei and get a wider view of the island's land mass. It's just amazing how much crud is coming from this volcano.

Anywayz, I've had this sinus thing for over 1 month and have been seeing the doctor. Still can't figure out if I have a chronic infection, of if it's the vog. Antihistamines provide some relief, but it's never gone entirely. Darn!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobinator View Post
                        It's funny how a small hole in the ground can spew that much smoke as to blanket the entire island chain. I work out in Kapolei and get a wider view of the island's land mass. It's just amazing how much crud is coming from this volcano.

Anywayz, I've had this sinus thing for over 1 month and have been seeing the doctor. Still can't figure out if I have a chronic infection, of if it's the vog. Antihistamines provide some relief, but it's never gone entirely. Darn!
                        the holes are huge, dude

http://pubs.usgs.gov/fs/2002/fs144-02/
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Took this "wide angle" photo (actually 4 shots "stitched together) yesterday...

Koko Head and crater on another voggy day, taken from Kuliou'ou Beach Park, Thursday, May 22, 2008 @ 5:30pm.
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8sDIbRAXlg

Bobinator, you might need a neti pot. Or some such cleansing. My dad had chronic sinus problems, and the ENT doc did something like this in the office for him. Now I guess you do it yourself.

Comment

so long VOG. i wonder if it's actually called LAZE? lava haze? the trades are back and it's just gorgeous in kailua today.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                              X