Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vog UNAPPRECIATION thread

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
    so long VOG. i wonder if it's actually called LAZE? lava haze? the trades are back and it's just gorgeous in kailua today.
    Volcanic fOG vs LAva haZE? Same-same, me thinks!

It sure is overcast in town but at least I can see the green cliffs of Manoa Valley!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Volcanic fOG vs LAva haZE? Same-same, me thinks.
      me thinks the same. whatever it is............i feel LAZy today.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

It seemed clearer (albiet cloudy) today in Waikiki but my roommate and I have both been having problems. I've got a nice scratchy throat at the moment, think I'll go make some tea..
        Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
        Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

vog lifting here in honolulu

hi this is sansei and soon the vog is lifting here in honolulu and this make's me :O) im glad since this vog make's me sneeze and sometime's wheeze and i dont think im allergic only it would have this affect on me at time's when we have vog.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Re: vog lifting here in honolulu

I find the best place to be on voggy days like these is at work where there's air conditioning! I have asthma, and I'm glad to be there where I can breathe freely (when my colleagues aren't immersing every square foot of their body with scent).
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Re: vog lifting here in honolulu

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              I find the best place to be on voggy days like these is at work where there's air conditioning! I have asthma, and I'm glad to be there where I can breathe freely (when my colleagues aren't immersing every square foot of their body with scent).
              I was on the Big Island today, at Wheel of Fortune. Kona is like soup. [No, I was not a contestant, it was work related.]
              Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Sorry to hear about every who has respiratory issues with the vog

On the plus side, the vog plus a full moon reflected over the ocean makes for a beautiful blue night.
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                "
                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                  the vog plus a full moon reflected over the ocean makes for a beautiful blue night.
                  I refuse to believe this statement, until I see visual proof in the photo-sharing thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    I refuse to believe this statement, until I see visual proof in the photo-sharing thread.
                    Haha. I sense an ambush at Blowhole.
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

here in kona... the officials seem to be doing nothing to inform us of the health hazards associated with vog....somedays it is horrendous.....cant see more than 1/4 mile...mixed with rain clouds.....it really seems to be changing the weather patterns here...flowers and vegetable growers have suffered heavy losses...so far the coffee seems unaffected......for those that are at resperatory risk there seems to be little being done......they say they are studying it....in ,my experience, expensive studies usually confirm the obvious and put roadblocks in the way of logical solutions....Ted Hong a senate candidate on hilo side has proposed creating places of refuge.......a shelter that is air conditioned with powerful airfilters and backup generators....at somne central location in each community here on hawaii.......i think this is a good idea...those at risk will have an option...elderly and the young and those with asthma.....and in the event there is a major eruption event we could all find shelter there........the most recent deaths from the volcano have all been breathing related...toxic low lying gasses that catch people by surprise...this could happen on a larger scale......it happenedto a large group of hawaiian warriors out on th a kau desert ...it could happen again
                      the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                        On the plus side, the vog plus a full moon reflected over the ocean makes for a beautiful blue night.
                        Ahhhhh, a pro-vog comment. It can look kind or cool and fuzzy.

Comment

You would be the one to be pro-vog.

Comment

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/200...s_growers.html

The vog report is out, but it did not mention: "A little bit of good news didn't even get into the report. Chemist Don Thomas at the university Center for the Study of Active Volcanoes told the Star-Bulletin by the time the vog gets to Kona, its sulfuric acid has been changed to ammonium sulfate, a salt that is "considerably less dangerous" to people."
                            Whew, here on Oahu we are probably even "safer" than Kona is! Ammonium sulfate sounds less threatening than sulfuric acid ... I guess.

Comment

we were on the big island yesterday for a home inspection and i guess the vog was already starting to dissipate (spelling) in puna. however, in the air it was everywhere across the island chain.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              reflect, repent and reboot.
                              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

"Vog" is such a nice, short, sort of ..... non-threatening word. Why don't they call it what it is ..... sulfuric acid, or ammonium sulfate.

"High concentrations of sulfuric acid have resulted in a warning today for children to refrain from outside activities".

But, that probably would not be good for resident's peace of mind, or for tourism, perhaps that is why there is the sort of lighthearted name "vog". Fog, vog, both are pretty benign sounding.

Comment

Working...
                                X