• Time
  • Show
Clear All

you ask a question....

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    1) When have you seen me be untruthful?
    here. here. here. here.

*shrug*
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: It should be called the FOX Editorial Network not the FOX News Network

I could tolerate Bret Hume and Chris Wallace when they were working for ABC and NBC. Now I can't stand either of them. As for Dennis Miller, I've met him, his wife and children before, very nice guy. But this was way before he started his right-wing stuff, at that time I think he had just left SNL.

Aj

Comment

4 strikes and...

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
        ...yer outta here.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Faux "news" is at it again, only on a different subject. Manufacturing and manipulating the "news." Shame, shame, shame!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Faux "news" is at it again, only on a different subject. Manufacturing and manipulating the "news." Shame, shame, shame!
            Palin-mania!

Comment

YUP!

But is this different from any OTHER news netwrack?

Where can I get straight, complete, honest NEWS!???????????

that's what I thought!
              Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
              ~ ~
              Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
              Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
              Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                But is this different from any OTHER news netwrack?
                Yes.

If you have examples of other networks using video footage that IS NOT of the event reported, please post them.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

FOXES are VIXENS as well....

Yes.

If you have examples of other networks using video footage that IS NOT of the event reported, please post them.
                  No, I just assumed that all news (on TV or in publication) was biased based on the source.

It is interesting that some of my comment sources (such as the NRA - yes I subscribe) consider (and warn us that) FOX is the voice of liberalism!

I don't consider myself liberal or conservative, more that I judge a situation on its merits, and I don't watch much TV news (because other than local reporting I have not much use for it).

When a "situation" is in hand then I usually tune in CNN, for 'up to date' news.
                  But I must confess that I am unaware of 'lib -conserv' bias in newsreporting by station. Enlighten me, please!

K
                  ~ ~

Comment

Re: FOXES are VIXENS as well....

Originally posted by Kaonohi View Post
                    No, I just assumed that all news (on TV or in publication) was biased based on the source.
                    Matapule doesn't necessarily agree with that 'broad brush" assumption. That's like saying that you assume all professional athletes use steroids just because they are world record holders.

NRA - yes I subscribe) consider (and warn us that) FOX is the voice of liberalism!
                    Some consider the NRA a liberal organization, but that doesn't necessarily make it true, it just makes them look.......out of touch.

Enlighten me, please!
                    That's what matapule is trying to do......point out when an organization involved in distributing the news as "fair and balanced" deliberately falsifies that news to suit some agenda, but you have to want to be enlightened first. Fox does it consistently, that's why matapule call's it Faux "News."

If you have examples of other organizations deliberately falsifying the news, let us know, kataki fakamolemole (pretty please).

Matapule gets a lot of his local and national news off HT......"News you can Trust!" ya betcha, (wink, wink).

Comment

What about using fake/photoshopped pictures of a public figure, without identifying them as such?

Hellooooo, MSNBC.

Yeah, I know. Those fake pics of Caribou Barbie have been around for over a year. And the Letterman-esque Top 10 was clearly an attempt at finding some humor over the resurgence of Palin-mania, coming on the heels of her new book. But was it wise for MSNBC to throw in those two photoshopped pictures of the former Alaskan governor without identifying them as such after some of MSNBC's own (like oh, Keith Olbermann) earlier raked FOX News over the coals for misrepresenting file footage?
                      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Not all FOXES are foxy?

Matapule doesn't necessarily agree with that 'broad brush" assumption. That's like saying that you assume all professional athletes use steroids just because they are world record holders.
                        That's what matapule is trying to do......point out when an organization involved in distributing the news as "fair and balanced" deliberately falsifies that news to suit some agenda, but you have to want to be enlightened first.
                        Oh, I do, and I thank you.

Actually with me it's more a mixture of deep-seated distrust of power (paranoia? - that's the word they use to disempower), experience with news organizations, and knowledge of human nature and the power of money.

You have however enlightened me to, at least, a matter of degrees among news agencies: some may be worse, some better. But I still trust none of them (though I do sometimes blindly pass their propaganda along).

K.
                        Last edited by Kaonohi; November 25, 2009, 11:28 AM. Reason: Fee, fie, faux, frum
                        ~ ~

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...162809206.html

Did they use a fact checker to get Bababoweed?

Comment

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...us-153051.html

They should have kept Glen Beck.

Comment

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?ne...cid=rr-tv-news

Who's going to talk stink about the Clintons now?

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/e...-politics.html

A stretcher match! A stretcher match! No one leaves the squared circle unless it's on a stretcher.

Comment

Working...
                                X