This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Longs to become CVS?

hi this is sansei and in response to kalihiboy,i live quite close to Kam Center,only i havent been their in a while so thank's for sharing the update only when i shared about pali long's,it hasnt changed yet,only i wondered if Kam Center still has it's long's photo processing lab so i'd be able to have my film printed.
    if your able to share on long's photo processing lab,i'd truly appreciate it very much,please?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

All of the stores are being remodeled...and it has been in the works for a long time. They start with the stores that need it the most...

Sansei...CVS will not take longs over until the end of the quarter (December). So you won't see any changes in service(s) until after then. I don't see them taking away photo. It's a huge money maker for Longs.
      Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

Originally posted by bittersweet View Post
        I don't see them taking away photo. It's a huge money maker for Longs.
        Is it still, in this era of digital photography? It was my understanding that it is a dying segment of many drugstores. Fewer and fewer people are using film, and self-service kiosks or online services are what more people are using to make prints from digital cameras (if they don't print at home, that is).

Comment

It was all downhill anyway after they changed from the green smocks to those aloha-print things.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Is it still, in this era of digital photography? It was my understanding that it is a dying segment of many drugstores. Fewer and fewer people are using film, and self-service kiosks or online services are what more people are using to make prints from digital cameras (if they don't print at home, that is).
            They still make a lot of money from photo..especially during the holidays! And they have self-service kiosks in the store....and make money that way too!
            Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

Even Walgreens processes photos, I think they have to keep them, the older people aren't always tech savvy with the digital age, myself included.

You can process photos at Kam Longs now, everything is back up and running. That particular Longs store opened in March 1971.

CVS is known to buy out chains, they bought out the Hooks Drug store franchise in Indiana a decade ago.

Aj

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to kalihiboy,i agree with you on kam long's,it certainly has changed and they were still fixing up thing's and they are keeping the long's photo processing lab and they'll keep this and i did ask the clerk about it and she said that they will keep the long's photo processing lab so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time also they dont have when entering the two opening door,they have it like Pali long's,one big door in the front.

Comment

Media are reporting this afternoon that Walgreens has made a better offer and Longs board is talking to them.

Comment

hi this is sansei and i just heard on the preview of the news that is what i heard that a new buyer is talking to long's about a possible buyout and i hope this one doesnt go through is i wont mind if CVS had bought Longs only i think they longs should stick with their deal with CVS and not be bought by walgreen's and if it happened,i dont think long's would survive and they'd better keep it twith the long's name and not change it to walgreen's.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                      i heard that a new buyer is talking to long's about a possible buyout and i hope this one doesnt go through ... they longs should stick with their deal with CVS and not be bought by walgreen's and if it happened,i dont think long's would survive
                      I agree, sansei. According to the Chicago Tribune, Walgreen’s $3 billion-offer is worth $3.50 more per share than CVS’ bid, so it is an attractive offering for stockholders. As far as Longs Drugs itself, it would almost certainly be a worse deal for the management and store philosophy if Walgreen’s offer did go through. Walgreen is currently in direct competition with Longs in Hawai‘i, and would most likely fold and convert all Longs into Walgreen’s format, saving them the expensive of building more stores from scratch. It goes without saying that reorganizing at Longs would be geared towards Walgreen’s people (which by now has assistant managers in need of promoting) running the show.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                      USA TODAY, page 2A
                      11 March 1993

Comment

On the mainland it is not uncommon to see Walgreens within a few blocks of one another so if Kam Shopping Center Longs becomes Walgreens it will have another store across the street at the site of the former Kam Bowl.

Aj

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
                          On the mainland it is not uncommon to see Walgreens within a few blocks of one another so if Kam Shopping Center Longs becomes Walgreens it will have another store across the street at the site of the former Kam Bowl.
                          At least you no have to cross the street, especially if you're a[n elderly] pedestrian on Oahu. Hehehe.
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

hehehe - yes, that is an advantage!

I have spent some time at both companies websites. Judging by the company information put out - Walgreen's is a much better company based on how it impacts communities and the environment. Also, how it treats its employees and how much it encourages diversity in its hiring.

If I was a Long's stockholder, I would much rather see it sold to Walgreen's than CVS. Of course, I'm not a stockholder so my opinion doesn't really matter that much

http://www.walgreens.com/community
                            http://www.cvs.com/community
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

What do you folks think would be a better move for Walgreens, if it is successful with the acquisition: to stay in Kam Shopping Center and to sell the former bowling alley property, or to pull everything up and leave the shopping center for its bigger space across the street?

Seems to me it could go either way, but moving to the bowling alley site would hurt the shopping center. I imagine it would lose some walk-by business, but people will still go to Walgreens even if it's no longer in the shopping center.
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Is Starbucks considered a drug store?

Comment

Working...
                                X