This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Ham & egg sandwich, over medium on grilled wheat bread. Med diet Coke.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Plate lunch from U Choice In with a cup of Diet Pepsi.

Comment

Mini loco-moco, mini meatballs w/gravy, regular loco-moco, fried chicken dipped in Korean sauce ... all from KJ's Local Grindz at WWCity SC.

OK, I didn't eat all that by myself. My plate was the (typically glorious) fried chix dipped in Korean sauce. I was AMAZED that despite being dipped in sauce, it was still crunchy when I got it home to eat it!

Sauce was really good and not spicy. Despite my earlier love for hot and spicy food, it now makes me fearful. Stupid reflux.
        I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
          Mini loco-moco, mini meatballs w/gravy, regular loco-moco, fried chicken dipped in Korean sauce ... all from KJ's Local Grindz at WWCity SC.

OK, I didn't eat all that by myself. My plate was the (typically glorious) fried chix dipped in Korean sauce. I was AMAZED that despite being dipped in sauce, it was still crunchy when I got it home to eat it!

Sauce was really good and not spicy. Despite my earlier love for hot and spicy food, it now makes me fearful. Stupid reflux.
          Both you and Scrivener continuously rave about KJ's in Kaneohe and their fabulous fried chicken. I must, must try it!

I don't drive into Kaneohe often, and the last time there, I actually contemplated KJ's over Masa & Joyce, but opted for the latter.

OK, so if I'm a newcomer at KJ's, what would your recommend as their "defining plate"? What kinds of fried chicken varieties are there? Describe the (secret) batter. What's so great about it?

Watching this KHNL "Cheap Eats" video, it shows they have a 6-piece fried chicken plate for just $6. Wow, six pieces! I don't think I could finish two! That's a bargain in itself, let alone you could still split that with 2 or 3 people.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Bread, spring rolls and Mountain Dew from California Pizza Kitchen.

Comment

lunch was from the new diner's in kalihi.

eric had the monster burger with cheese. i had the bacon cheeseburger. we shared a large fries and a diet pepsi. very satisfying, indeed!

i guess i should mention we ate this in the titan, parked at tantalus, whilst watching the thunderbirds whoooooooooooosh by. when we were done eating, we got out of the truck to get a better view. good thing, bcs we were rewarded with some great close up views, as they would sometimes fly directly over us. WOW!
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Plate lunch and a Diet Pepsi from U Choice In.

Comment

Loco Moco with corn and extra gravy, from KJ's Local Grindz.
                  Onolicious!!!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Beef jerky sticks and a bottle of water.

Comment

Had some fast food Chinese food at Panda's. Munched on some half-n-half fried rice n chow mein, and 2 sides - orange chix and chix n potato.

Comment

Hot meatball sandwich from Subway and a nice glass of ice water.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Small plate of assorted meats and cheeses (including mole salami from Salumi, Wensleydale and Beecher's Flagship Reserve cheeses - the first and third items made in Seattle.)

Comment

Lean Cuisine Mac & Cheese. More like watery macaroni. blech.
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Roast Pork/Chicken/Hamburger Steak & Shoyu Pork Plate

Miso Soup
                              Pepsi
                              From Blanes Drive Inn in Hilo (yesterday)

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

eric & i had stinky (but yummy) chinese food!

from au's garden off king street behind new diner's: harm ha roast pork, ong choy in preserved bean curd sauce, crispy gau gee and rice.
                                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Working...
                                X