X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 11

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    shoots - wish I would have known you would be around. I could have come down to say hello.

that's really sweet of you! going to 3 star was spur of the moment that day. we had intended to have breakfast at grand cafe but got downtown closer to lunchtime. we were in downtown only because i needed to buy my books for the new semester.

back OT, i've had some good lunches this week! tuesday's lunch was fresh corned beef cabbage, from the caf at work. wednesday's lunch...i can't remember. thursday's lunch was a strip steak and steamed cauliflower, yellow squash, and braw-caw-lay-hey (can't help but sing that dana carvey song in my head). and yesterday's lunch was leftover risotto that i made the night before (see what's for dinner thread).

today's lunch was actually a very yummy brunch. eric cooked some turkey bacon and made a scramble of jalapeno, mushroom, onion and colby jack cheese. we ate that along with whole wheat toast topped with organic, freshly made peanut butter from down to earth and some organic mixed berry preserves. yum! i was hungry (i had funny tummy last night and ate a small dinner) so i completely devoured my food before eric was even halfway done with his plate. of course, he had more food on than i. still--i rarely gobble my meal down like that, especially when jalapenos are involved. what can i say? eric's great in the kitchen!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Jalapeno bagel with black bean hummus. I'm soooo irked: Someone removed my hummus container from the Executive Chef bag it was in, on a shelf in the faculty fridge. I liked that bag.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

See Hawaiian Food Restaurant Thread.heheheh
        http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...176#post164176

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I just noticed lunch is in bankruptcy here.... "What's for Lunch - Chapter 11"

Hamburger
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Plate lunch, spring rolls and a cup of Mountain Dew from U Choice In.

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              Jalapeno bagel with black bean hummus. I'm soooo irked: Someone removed my hummus container from the Executive Chef bag it was in, on a shelf in the faculty fridge. I liked that bag.
              Inspired by scrivener's love of the bagel, I made a turkey with mayo and dried cranberry sandwich on a sesame bagel. Quite delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                Inspired by scrivener's love of the bagel, I made a turkey with mayo and dried cranberry sandwich on a sesame bagel. Quite delicious!
                That sounds fabulous!!!

Tomato soup (Pacific Brand in a box), toasted bagel with cream cheese broken up into pieces and put into the soup. Ho da ono!
                Aloha,
                Mokihana

Comment

Homemade protein smoothie...
                  (So, why does the "i before e except after c" rule not apply to the word protein?! Inquiring minds wanna know! )

Comment

1/2 Huli Huli Chicken from Safeway Pali $4.00

Rice and Coca-Cola

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      (So, why does the "i before e except after c" rule not apply to the word protein?! Inquiring minds wanna know! )
                      Guess you need to weigh in with a neighbor to figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                        Guess you need to weigh in with a neighbor to figure it out.
                        Yep! There are a whole lotta rule breakers! When I typed "protein" in the post above I heard the voice of my 4th grade teacher, Miss Wommack, reading at the pace she was writing the rule on the blackboard..."Remember class...i before e except after c."! That was 54 years ago for cryin' out loud!

To get back on topic...I also had a caffeine free diet coke with my lunch smoothie! Really!

Comment

Today's lunch/dinner was with a handful of `ukulele players, following our monthly SUPA gathering. Fish & chips across from the Ballard locks.

Comment

curry stew and rice. Broke da mouth!
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Leftover pizza.

Comment

Loco Moco, extra gravy, from M&W Drive Inn.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X