Dr Laura & the "N" Word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dr Laura & the "N" Word

Why am I'm waiting for her say, "Bababoowee?" Everything on tv is some kind of schtick nowdays.

Comment

TinaDuPuy weighs in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXvZdDunX8
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

"Much Ado About Nothing"

"Much Ado About Nothing"

I hear the "N" word every night on TV. Crime dramas.
        I think this venue is much more damaging that a sociological comment by a "Dr. Laura" saying that blacks (I hate that term, "blacks" are not black any more than "whites" are white!) call each other 'nigger.'

I grew up being called a 'Polack,' actually a 'dumb Polack,' because we were the preferred minority. (Little did they know my diverse background: I was judged on my last name!)

Af-Amer kids in my school were not called 'niggers,' believe it or not. We had little or no discrimination in Greenwich, CT., in 1965.

(Except against the Polish, and I think that was mostly jocular, but it did hurt. Like everyone except Anglos had a nickname.)

Polish people call each other "Polacks." African blacks call each other "Niggers."

What? Is this a special club? Like the 'Skull and Bones?' We can only use the terminology if we are in the club, and outside it is considered 'defamation?'

BULLSHIT!
        Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
        ~ ~
        Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
        Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
        Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

Helen tells it like it is!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            The post right below, "Somewhere over the Rainbow", is even better! Where I don't agree with Helen is that the Democrat Party will solve everything.

Back on topic, my opinion is that you can call anyone, anything as long as you say it with Aloha in your heart. Did Laura Schlessinger have Aloha in her heart?
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
              Did Laura Schlessinger have Aloha in her heart?
              Her heart is behind her exposed breastesses.

Comment

Working...
              X