Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Hardware store do you go to?

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    Adrian, who no longer participates on HT, started this thread 5 years ago. Who knows what he had in mind. So, what hardware store do you go to on Molokai, Random?!
    Only two of three on the island. Atlas Building Supply, which also happens to be part of the Ace Hardware chain. And an independent hardware store, Take's Variety.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

hi i just returned from city mill since i had to returned the part i bought a day ago and that they are still renovating and city mill's looking better and better slowly.

if someone visit's there,you'll notice that the side door where you exit is still closed off so the door you enter.you'd be able to enter and exit so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
        if someone visit's there,you'll notice that the side door where you exit is still closed off so the door you enter.you'd be able to enter and exit so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time
        Is this the one on Waialae Ave.?

Comment

hi in response to walkoffbalk,no it's on the street where you'd pass kmart and where aka the once suzuki motor's is and that's where they once sold moped's and motorcycle's where they still do.

hope this may help with your thought's?

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
            Craig - it's Craftsman that has the warranty, not Sears. and they have a lifetime warranty. and I'm talking about handtools - not power tools.

and I agree with you that Home Depot is a good store. I just prefer shopping locally owned stores when I can. If it's something that is only sold at HD (or Loewes) then I will go there.

and I'm done discussing tools & stores.
            Craftsman is a Sears product line just like Kenmore. And Sears is cracking down on Craftsman handtool lifetime warranties. They have the descretion not to accept a warranty claim if they can show the tool was abused such as using their screwdrivers as prybars and chistles as well as using non-impact sockets on impact guns. I've actually seen the internal memo indicating how to see impact wear on sockets.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

hi sorry walkoffbalk,it's on iwilei and i didnt mean to incorrectly say by the formerly aka suzuki motorcycle shop.my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                Craftsman is a Sears product line just like Kenmore. And Sears is cracking down on Craftsman handtool lifetime warranties. They have the descretion not to accept a warranty claim if they can show the tool was abused such as using their screwdrivers as prybars and chistles as well as using non-impact sockets on impact guns. I've actually seen the internal memo indicating how to see impact wear on sockets.
                FYI from the Craftsman Tools website:

WARRANTY SERVICE
                To obtain warranty coverage, return the product to the outlet from which it was purchased (provided that the outlet is a participating retailer) for free repair or replacement, if repair is unavailable.

Tape Measures
                If this Craftsman tape measure is defective in materials or workmanship, return it to any Craftsman outlet in the United States for free replacement or refund. This warranty does not cover the blade, which is an expendable part that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period.

WARRANTY SERVICE
                To obtain warranty coverage, return the product to the outlet from which it was purchased (provided that the outlet is a participating retailer) for free repair or replacement, if repair is unavailable.

Evolv Hand Tools
                This Craftsman Evolv item is warranted against defects in material and workmanship as long as you own it. With proof of purchase, defective product will receive free repair or replacement. This warranty does not cover expendable parts that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period.

WARRANTY SERVICE

All other Hand Tools
                If this Craftsman hand tool ever fails to provide complete satisfaction, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge.

WARRANTY SERVICE

This warranty is good enough for me. I also buy Stanley brand tools - you gotta problem with them too? (that's a rhetorical question - you don't need to answer)

"Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

FYI from the Craftsman Tools website:

WARRANTY SERVICE

Tape Measures
                  If this Craftsman tape measure is defective in materials or workmanship, return it to any Craftsman outlet in the United States for free replacement or refund. This warranty does not cover the blade, which is an expendable part that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period.

WARRANTY SERVICE

Evolv Hand Tools
                  This Craftsman Evolv item is warranted against defects in material and workmanship as long as you own it. With proof of purchase, defective product will receive free repair or replacement. This warranty does not cover expendable parts that can wear out from normal use within the warranty period.

WARRANTY SERVICE

All other Hand Tools
                  If this Craftsman hand tool ever fails to provide complete satisfaction, it will be repaired or replaced free of charge.

WARRANTY SERVICE

This warranty is good enough for me. I also buy Stanley brand tools - you gotta problem with them too? (that's a rhetorical question - you don't need to answer)

I love Stanley tools, they make great FUBARS and tape measures. As for participating retailer, Sears is the participating retailer (and Kmart but they and Sears is one in the same now). There are no other participating retailers that will accept Craftsman under warranty claims.

However....as a Home Depot sales associate, I once accepted a delusional customer's broken Craftsman adjustable wrench at Home Depot. He swore that he bought it at Home Depot and he swore at the returns clerk too!

Instead of making a fuss about it, I took it back and offered him a Husky replacement. He took it and has been a Home Depot customer ever since.

Comment

Craig - are you being deliberately obtuse or do you just not get it? Everyone is just real tired of your continuing plugs for Home Depot! I'm just continuing to jab at you because its fun - and you keep falling for it.

I'll stop now because it's just not fun anymore. and apologize for doing it.
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Craig - are you being deliberately obtuse or do you just not get it? Everyone is just real tired of your continuing plugs for Home Depot! I'm just continuing to jab at you because its fun - and you keep falling for it.

I'll stop now because it's just not fun anymore. and apologize for doing it.
                      You jab at me in fun and I jab back at you. Both of use are falling for it. I'm sorry too...really I am.

Anyway, the question was asked, and I answered it. What else am I supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
                        Internal memos, warranty language, and hypothetical scenarios aside, here's the question that really matters: Has anyone here personally had a warranty claim rejected by Sears for any damaged/defective Craftsman handtool? That is the key issue. And I've not heard any of my car club friends with Craftsman tools having any problems. If they did have a replacement claim rejected, let me tell ya', they would be squawking about it plenty to me.
                        Last edited by Frankie's Market; March 26, 2010, 01:01 AM.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                          Internal memos, warranty language, and hypothetical scenarios aside, here's the question that really matters: Has anyone here personally had a warranty claim rejected by Sears for any damaged/defective Craftsman handtool? That is the key issue. And I've not heard any of my car club friends with Craftsman tools having any problems. If they did have a replacement claim rejected, let me tell ya', they would be squawking about it plenty to me.
                          I've never encountered a defective Craftsman tool!
                          Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken!
                          ~ ~
                          Kaʻonohiʻulaʻokahōkūmiomioʻehiku
                          Spreading the virus of ALOHA.
                          Oh Chu. If only you could have seen what I've seen, with your eyes.

Comment

hi today i visited hd and purchased one thing more,it was a toilet seat which was only at $5 and it was inexpensive and sometime when my brother in law is available,i'll kindly ask him to help us install it and this will be the final thing i purchase for our bathroom.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Working...
                            X