Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Star Trek movie!

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    I say all prequels should be assimilated (by Rep. Jon Riki Karamatsu's car)!
    It's bad enough watching Capt. Archer's Enterprise poking along at warp 5 and reeling in space collectibles with their grappling hook!
    Chuck it up to bad story writings from Brannon Braga and Rick Berman.

They should have let Manny Coto run the show, which he did for the fourth and final season (series finale episode not counted, due to bad writing from Braga and Berman again).

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    But a new film without the Borg? Where's that self-destruct mode?
    Sorry, not a fan of the "Seven of Nine Show." Glad that Jeri Ryan ditched her then-boyfriend Braga.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
      Chuck it up to bad story writings from Brannon Braga and Rick Berman.
      we agree with that one. dunno how they could have gone so bad considering they've been a team from DS9, if i recall correctly.

for all his complaining about grappling hooks, eric still insists on dvr-ing the show. i call it his hopeless optimism.

They should have let Manny Coto run the show, which he did for the fourth and final season (series finale episode not counted, due to bad writing from Braga and Berman again).
      also agree with this.

Sorry, not a fan of the "Seven of Nine Show." Glad that Jeri Ryan ditched her then-boyfriend Braga.
      hmm. had not known about that, but then again, i stopped checking out the trek rags with any consistency after DS9's finale. i'd only known about chase masterson and rene echevarria dating and alexander siddig and nana visitor being husband and wife (tho they've now divorced amicably, i understand). what i did know about jeri is that she's a national merit scholar.

side note about leeta: carafano v. metrosplash was a case i had to study in school re internet law and communications decency act.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Re: new star trek movie!

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
        More casting info including the young Kirk and the ultra-yummy Karl Urban as the good doctor.
        Chris Pine to play Captain Kirk
        I loved Karl Urban as Eomer in the Lord of the Rings, he should be good in that role
        Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
        Flickr

Comment

Glad that Jeri Ryan ditched her then-boyfriend Braga.
          Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
          hmm. had not known about that
          She was in the company of a French chef who was a challenger on "Iron Chef America" last season, Christophe Emé. They wed in June, and are expecting their first child.

(I saw the IC-A episode; the rest I just gleaned from the web.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            She was in the company of a French chef who was a challenger on "Iron Chef America" last season, Christophe Emé. They wed in June, and are expecting their first child.

(I saw the IC-A episode; the rest I just gleaned from the web.)

we saw that eppy of iron chef. still weird for me to see her in regular clothes. i do admire a woman who could have easily coasted thru life bcs of her looks but uses her other assets so well. how many 36D blonde bombshells out there are as brainy and additionally, musically talented as she is?
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

how many 36D blonde bombshells out there are as brainy and additionally, musically talented as she is?
              Don't know (would Diana Krall count?) - but I'd wager there are many HT'ers who would volunteer for that research project.

Comment

we agree with that one. dunno how they could have gone so bad considering they've been a team from DS9, if i recall correctly.
                Simple. Braga and Berman stayed away from DS9 and let Ira Steven Behr (with Braga's former friend, Ron D. Moore) run the show.

hmm. had not known about that, but then again, i stopped checking out the trek rags with any consistency after DS9's finale.
                Well, it was after Jeri Ryan got the job as Seven of Nine, that she and Braga hooked up (after her divorce from her first marriage). You can tell he was writing (or assigning the Voyager writing staff) for her then-girlfriend.

Comment

i'm not sure i would agree that VGR, once ryan joined, became overly enthralled with her bcs of her herself or simply bcs she was dating braga. ST has a long history of spending a lot of time examining what it means to be human by considering characters which are not human, like spock, data, worf, odo, Q, and so on. seven of nine is part of that progression.

Comment

i'm not sure i would agree that VGR, once ryan joined, became overly enthralled with her bcs of her herself or simply bcs she was dating braga. ST has a long history of spending a lot of time examining what it means to be human by considering characters which are not human, like spock, data, worf, odo, Q, and so on. seven of nine is part of that progression.
                    Perhaps, but I never felt that Spock, Data, Worf, and Odo took much of the story's content. When she came aboard, it was all about Seven.

Comment

Perhaps, but I never felt that Spock, Data, Worf, and Odo took much of the story's content. When she came aboard, it was all about Seven.

i'd say that if VGR spent too much time on seven, then TOS spent too much time on spock ("he's half human, but he's half vulcan, so how much human is he really?" as if being two different species required a different math) and TNG on data ("even if i do not have a heart, in terms of physical sexuality, i am fully functional and well-versed in all techniques...cept i cannot speak a contraction and i cannot laugh").

the only diff is that the male trekkies/trekkers pay more attention to the emotionless, human/not-human characters when they have such big...brains...and wear skin tight outfits that emphasize such...brains.

Comment

the only diff is that the male trekkies/trekkers pay more attention to the emotionless, human/not-human characters when they have such big...brains...and wear skin tight outfits that emphasize such...brains.
                        I must be one odd male trekkie since I don't care much for Seven of Nine but B'Elanna (the half-Klingon, half-caliente-latina).

Comment

Shatner's too busy yucking it up in Brad Paisley videos. Have you seen Online? He's hilarious. And he seems to show up at Paisley's concerts too.

Shatner, Jason Alexander and Little Jimmy Dickens, who all show up in Paisley's videos could be Ferengi in the new movie.

Comment

I must be one odd male trekkie since I don't care much for Seven of Nine but B'Elanna (the half-Klingon, half-caliente-latina).
                            some might say that a klingon/latina mix is pretty much = hyper hot-blooded latina, but with ridges.

can you imagine a vulcan/klingon mix? talk about conflicted! that's like being japanese and filipino...holding it all in, as serene and stoic as mount fuji then alla sudden...blow up in a tempest like mount pinatubo.

Comment

There was a brief preview of Star Trek before the Cloverfield movie started at Ward Theaters.

It had some historical voiceovers relating to space exploration while the visuals had construction going on, then you get to see the familar Enterprise saucer section still not completed and then saying "Under Construction".

Comment

Someone has already uploaded a filmed-in-a-theater video of the "Star Trek" prequel trailer.

Comment

Working...
                                X