• Too bad I wasn't an executive with AIG

- A single beneficiary received more than $6.4 million
    - Seven individuals received more than $4 million apiece
    - Twenty-two individuals received more than $2 million or more

Lucky b*st*rds!
    A proud sponsor of
    http://www.haleamano.com

Re: Too bad I wasn't an executive with AIG

Not bad compensation for a group of people who totally screwed up.

My auto insurance is with AIG, but I'm switching to a different carrier because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
      [...]
      My auto insurance is with AIG, but I'm switching to a different carrier because of this.
      <applause!!!> My guess is you'll also give them the reason behind your decision! <more wild applause!!!>

Comment

Not bad compensation for a group of people who totally screwed up.

I'm as upset as anybody else over the undeserved bonuses that these AIG execs are getting. And for the record, I hope that Pres. Obama and congress finds a way to get back every penny of the $165 million that were paid out in bonuses.

But having all said that,.... I think a distinction needs to be made between AIG's commercial insurance division and the financial products division. In case you are not aware, it is the latter that engaged in all the risky credit default swaps and derivative trading that nearly brought down the entire company. In contrast, the insurance division is regulated and scrutinized by their respective state insurance commissioners. So folks who are upset over the taxpayer funded AIG bonuses might want to take a deep breath and carefully think about it before following through on a knee-jerk impulse to switch away from an AIG insurance policy for your home or car.

And also keep in mind,..... AIG is not the only company receiving bailout funds that has paid millions to its execs. There are others, for sure. It's only a matter of time before they are revealed by the press.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
          I think a distinction needs to be made between AIG's commercial insurance division and the financial products division.
          No matter how you slice it, it's still AIG.

If you refuse to buy Chicken McNuggets because the chickens are treated inhumanely, would you still buy a Big Mac? Different farms, right?

The point is to send a message in my own small way. There are lots of other insurance companies that aren't connected to rotten financial operations and executives with no social conscience.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            <applause!!!> My guess is you'll also give them the reason behind your decision! <more wild applause!!!>
            As Palin would say, "you betcha!"

Comment

I'm as upset as anybody else over the undeserved bonuses that these AIG execs are getting.
              Of course if AIG paid me a "retainer fee" as generous as they paid those execs, I might change my mind!

Comment

I wish Robin Campaniano would come forth and make a statement. I hold him with respect; he has been good to Hawaii, both as a businessman and a philanthropist. Yes, it matters to me what he thinks and believes about his parent company.

pax

Comment

Does the AIG executives don't mind being called welfare recipients?

Comment

No matter how you slice it, it's still AIG.
                    Hey, who you decide to buy your auto insurance from is your business. I just wanted to state that for the fact that AIG is a HUGE company with different divisions. And not everybody is going to paint them with a broad brush like you are doing.

By all means, cancel your AIG policy if it will make you feel better. But I'll say it right here and now: Only an ignorant babooze would take their anger and frustration out on the employees working in AIG Hawaii's office. They (as well as the rest of the insurance division) had nothing to do with the company's meltdown. If you're going to express your ire to anyone, you should direct it to the rightful place: At AIG's Financial Products division in London and CEO Edward Liddy.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Only an ignorant babooze would take their anger and frustration out on the employees working in AIG Hawaii's office.
                      If you're going to call me an ignorant babooze, then I'll say that you're a near-sighted jackass. Doesn't matter how large the corporation is or how many divisions there are. It's still the same corporation. With just one CEO. And one board of directors. Go look at their website and see how EVERYTHING is listed under AIG.com.

Sheesh!

Comment

And not everybody is going to paint them with a broad brush like you are doing.
                        What you're doing is like trying to separate the Luftwaffe who flew FW-190s from the SS who ran the concentration camps. There were lots of good Germans in that mess, but if they wore the uniform, they were all working for the Nazis.

AIG -- as big as it is -- is run by a very small group of people, and that group of people fouled up our entire economy.

My limited effort is to make a clear and simple statement: I will not support a corporation that risked the economic welfare of the United States for the sake of making risky short-term gains for the elite and privileged. It's not just the $165 million in bonuses. Their antics brought our economy to shambles! Millions have lost jobs. And we, the taxpayers, have to bail them out because if we don't, the result is a true depression.

That is what I'm protesting.

If the employees in Hawaii are caught in the crossfire, that's not my fault and that's not my intention. But I'm NOT going to hand over any of my hard-earned dollars to a CORPORATION that is run by such an irresponsible bunch of self-involved jerks.

Comment

If you're going to call me an ignorant babooze, then I'll say that you're a near-sighted jackass.
                          Uhhh, if you read what I said carefully, you would see that I didn't call you an ignorant babooze. I said that someone who would actually "take their anger and frustration out on the employees working in AIG Hawaii's office" would be an ignorant babooze.

And you're calling me "near-sighted j---a--." Riiiiightttt.

That you would take offense to what I said,..... does that mean you would, in fact, march on down to the local AIG office and take your anger out on the folks that work there?

*sigh!*

I won't take your insult personally. Considering the source,.....

What you're doing is like trying to separate the Luftwaffe who flew FW-190s from the SS who ran the concentration camps. There were lots of good Germans in that mess, but if they wore the uniform, they were all working for the Nazis.
                          Comparing AIG Hawaii employees to non-genicidal Nazis. Boy, you're really on a roll now.
                          Last edited by Frankie's Market; March 18, 2009, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I call Godwin's Law!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law

Comment

Comparing AIG Hawaii employees to non-genicidal Nazis. Boy, you're really on a roll now.
                              You're not getting the analogy. Figures.

Comment

Working...
                              X