Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mental Illness

no make fun of my 63 number....

das the number we gonna score against them hopefully...

now what is this thread again?

Oh yeah... Mental Illness...

If anyone has watched me personally attend a UH Game in person...they might think I mentally ill.

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
      no make fun of my 63 number....

das the number we gonna score against them hopefully...

now what is this thread again?

Oh yeah... Mental Illness...

If anyone has watched me personally attend a UH Game in person...they might think I mentally ill.
      Since you brought it up and this is the Mental Illness Thread, Please go get an Evaluation. I'm serious and I care.

"It takes one to know one!"

Auntie Lynn
      Last edited by 1stwahine; August 29, 2006, 11:01 PM.
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Auntie...

I just don't know what happens to me when I watch UH sports....I'm not mental... I think

Even the last two wahine volleyball games really had my adrenaline going.

I know it's not a mental illness...

Maybe some sort of competitiveness thing comes out of me...
        Cause I get the same way when the Seahawks play!

Comment

Auntie...

I just don't know what happens to me when I watch UH sports....I'm not mental... I think

Even the last two wahine volleyball games really had my adrenaline going.

I know it's not a mental illness...

Maybe some sort of competitiveness thing comes out of me...
          Cause I get the same way when the Seahawks play!
          Manoa, I'm not talking about you watching games in general. Please don't get offended. In my opinion and because I care...you show signs of having Mental Illness. It's best to get evaluated. Mental Illness can affect anyone. It's nothing to be ashame of.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Manoa, I'm not talking about you watching games in general. Please don't get offended. In my opinion and because I care...you show signs of having Mental Illness. It's best to get evaluated. Mental Illness can affect anyone. It's nothing to be ashame of.

Auntie Lynn
            Um...can you please tell me what those signs may be?

I do have a general physician I see... and I did have a physical with in the last 4 years?

Comment

Um...can you please tell me what those signs may be?

I do have a general physician I see... and I did have a physical with in the last 4 years?
              Manoa, I'm going to list the signs and the Link. Go figure out yourself. Don't ask me anymore questions. This is not a GAME. This is your LIFE!!!

Depression - intense and unremitting

Excessive fatigue and sleepiness or an inability to sleep

Social Withdrawal, isolation and reclusiveness

Sudden shift in basic personality

Deterioration of social relationships

Hyperactivity or inactivity or alterations between the two

Inability to concentrate or cope with minor problems

Extreme religiosity or preoccupation with the occult

Hostility from one formerly passive and compliant

Indifference, even in highly important situations

Dropping out of activities (and life in general)

Decline in academic or athletic performance

Involvement in auto accidents

Drug or alcohol abuse

Forgetfulness and loss of valuable possessions

Extreme devastation from peer or family disapproval

Deterioration and abandonment of personal hygiene

Noticeable and rapid weight loss

Attempts to escape through geographic change: frequent moves or hitchhiking trips

Excessive writing (or childlike printing) without apparent meaning

Inability to cry or excessive crying

Unusual sensitivity to stimuli (noise, light, clothing)

Fainting

Inability to express joy

Inappropriate laughter

Bizarre behavior

Irrational statements

Strange posturing

Refusal to touch persons or objects: insulation of hands with gloves, paper, etc.

Shaving head or removal of body hair

Cutting oneself, threats of self mutilation

Staring, not blinking or blinking incessantly

Flat or unusual gaze

Rigid obstinacy

Peculiar use of words or language structure

If someone you know is suffering, seek help, have courage, and remember:

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

http://az.nami.org/first%20warning%20signs.htm

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Oh, you two fight just like family sometimes...Oh, wait, I forgot...hanai-ed, yeah?

You two both represent my preferred kind-o mento - you see this world in ways that other people cannot grasp.

Now, make nice and go eat hamburgers together, soon. Someday, I'll be there alongside of you, and the three of us will scare everyone else. (Okay, maybe there will be more than the three of us...there are a few others on HT who would fit right in.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  Oh, you two fight just like family sometimes...Oh, wait, I forgot...hanai-ed, yeah?

You two both represent my preferred kind-o mento - you see this world in ways that other people cannot grasp.

Now, make nice and go eat hamburgers together, soon. Someday, I'll be there alongside of you, and the three of us will scare everyone else. (Okay, maybe there will be more than the three of us...there are a few others on HT who would fit right in.)
                  Awwww, Leo! Why had to go spoil the FuN? Manoa knows I care. I'm just telling it like it is. To the point. Das just me. Sometimes the truth hurts but afta everything is said and done...and evaluation is Pau, the person who is unbalanced will be much happier.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Okay, I got these:
                    Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Decline in athletic performance
                    Forgetfulness
                    Inability to cry
                    Inappropriate laughter
                    Bizarre behavior (big time - but by whose definition?)
                    Irrational statements
                    Peculiar use of words or language structure
                    How many points I get?
                    Oh. This isn't scrivener's "trivia" thread? Oop, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                      Okay, I got these:How many points I get?
                      Oh. This isn't scrivener's "trivia" thread? Oop, sorry.
                      I have a feeling I shouldn't have posted the list!!!

Yikes!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Thank you for posting the list.

I went down the list... and a few could pertain to me... but I'll bet a few could pertain to everyone on HT at one time or another

Why can't I ask you questions... If your the one who thinks I'm mental?
                        Your the only one that has ever told that to me or thought that of me.

Please don't call me something I am not... even if you may think I am.
                        If that's the case... Please PM me.

I'm not Mental...and I wouldn't be ashamed if I was.

Just because I talk to, communicate, love and have hanai'd someone who is mental.... doesn't make me mental does it?

Hugs...
                        Manoa
                        Last edited by damontucker; August 30, 2006, 12:30 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Thank you for posting the list.

I went down the list... and a few could pertain to me... but I'll bet a few could pertain to everyone on HT at one time or another

Why can't I ask you questions... If your the one who thinks I'm mental?
                          Your the only one that has ever told that to me or thought that of me.

Please don't call me something I am not... even if you may think I am.
                          If that's the case... Please PM me.

I'm not Mental...and I wouldn't be ashamed if I was.

Just because I talk to, communicate, love and have hanai'd someone who is mental.... doesn't make me mental does it?

Hugs...
                          Manoa
                          PM? Ok.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie...

I was thinking about going down your list and making a joke about almost each statement...

However, I know mental illness is not a joking matter!!! and you would have been all over me like flys on shat.

Thank you for sharing your honesty and insight with everyone...

I do want to correct you on one thing you said though...
                            It takes one to know one!
                            I'm sure that there are many people suffering from mental illnesses that are not as open and honest about their problems. Many don't get the treatment that they need for one reason or the other.

If you have gone down that list while reading this post and said..."hey.... A LOT of these things pertain to me," then I would suggest getting help also.

If this thread has even helped one person...then I can take you calling me mental.

Hugs,

Manoa

Comment

In today's StarBulletin Editorial Section http://starbulletin.com/2006/09/01/e...itorial01.html
                              Mental health success should end oversight

THE ISSUE
                              A federal magistrate is recommending that a judge end federal oversight of Hawaii's mental health system.

"AFTER 15 years of federal oversight because of severe inadequacies, the state's mental health system is among the best in the nation. U.S. Magistrate Kevin Chang is recommending that federal Judge David Ezra bring the oversight to an end on Nov. 30. Legislators and the state administration should refrain from complacency to assure continuing sound mental health services in the future."

"In the years of oversight, the state has tripled the funding for the State Hospital. The number of citizens receiving mental health services has risen from fewer than 4,500 to more than 10,000 receiving ongoing mental health services and 2,000 receiving partial services, according to Dr. Thomas Hester, the division's chief."

Yes, Now the State mental health sytem is among the best in the nation. However, with the increasing problems of Homelessness as well as the Ice Epedemic, the State will continue to increase it's funding to the State Hospital . It doesn't take a Genius to think that one out. Duh!

Everything increases in time.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Yeah, Lets talk about Mental Illness today. Plezzzzzzzzzzzz.

I'm so tired of people not taking their medications and becoming unbalanced. I go to the store ~ couple screaming. I go in the store ~ two separate persons talking to themselves. I go outside to sit down and have a drink and a snack before coming home...a woman comes up to me and nearly slaps my head foa nuttin.

Aiyah.

Take Da pills!!!!

How easy for take pills and relax. Open bottle. Take out pill. Put in mouth and drink with water. Be Balanced.

Everybody HAPPY!

Take your pills and see your Psychiatrists!!!

Aunty Lynn
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; September 30, 2006, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X