Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

In this morning's StarBulletin
    "Downtown rattled after shooting death"
    By Rosemarie Bernardo
    http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/06/news/story05.html

"Some residents said prostitution on Kukui Street has worsened in recent months. Kukui Street is part of the Kalihi-Palama/Chinatown Weed and Seed site to "weed out" illegal drug and related activities."

I was in Chinatown that night with my friend Dimi. Far from where we were in town but near in the area.

How ironic they went looking for "Love in all the wrong places." Their last name is "Truelove!' http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/03/news/story04.html

K-den. I shouldn't be making fun. I apologize. One man is dead. A shooting incident occurred in the Chinatown, I love. It isn't the first. However, I can't recall the last shooting. It's been years.

Prostitution in the area is commonly known. I wrote about it on Lynn's Lair on 2/01/05.
    http://www.hawaiistories.com/lynn/20...-of-chinatown/

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

In today's StarBulletin
      "3 die in Round Top shooting"

"Area traffic is shut down after last night's spree, the third on Oahu in less than a week"
      Star-Bulletin staff

http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/07/news/story01.html

"Three people were shot to death during a robbery at a Round Top Drive lookout last night, the third fatal shooting spree on Oahu in less than five days."

Ok. What is happening? Shootings in three different parts of Oahu. Not one particular neighborhood. No one is safe. One due to Domestice Violence, one due to Prostitution and now a possible Home Invasion/Armed Robbery.

Total killed: 5 Total injured: 3

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
        Ok. What is happening?
        Honolulu is now, officially an overcongested big city with all the trimmings and requisite problems that arrive when you order the new deluxe redeveloped bustling metropolis package. Which we have. It is only getting worse. thank you developers and polititians.

Comment

Society is going down hill...

As much as there are people that don't want to see it that way...it is!

As much as you want to take back a community... if the community members themselves aren't willing to assist... one person can't move a mountain by themself!

In today's StarBulletin
          "3 die in Round Top shooting"

"Area traffic is shut down after last night's spree, the third on Oahu in less than a week"
          Star-Bulletin staff

http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/07/news/story01.html
          I could see all the sirens and lights up on round top from my lanai...

I was thinking another landslide or something.... then I awoke to hear this news.

Scary... I often like to take people up there to the Lookout to get views of Honolulu from up there... it's a gorgeous view... However, it can be a dangerous area in the nighttime...

Many people up there doing drugs... and who know's what else w/ there steamed up windows

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
            Many people up there doing drugs... and who know's what else w/ there steamed up windows
            Wat ya think? Holding hands?

I no tink so!!!!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Shoot ’em up
              "Showdown in Chinatown""

http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/09/f...s/story01.html
              By Nadine Kam

Wat?! Another shooting in Chinatown?

Nah, "The mission, should the receivers accept, was to make a film -- using mirrors and a set of keys as key props -- based on the theme "A Secret Society.

...completed in 24 hours."

Yeah! That's the kind of "shooting " should be going on in Chinatown. Her richness, history and those who venture there can make some Award Winning Films das foa sure.

Hmmm...anybody interested in making one thru my eyes, ears and mind. Das really one helleva TRUE STORY! Gurranteed to win one award. Ahhhh...the secrets lies within my pUpUle mind!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                Honolulu is now, officially an overcongested big city with all the trimmings and requisite problems that arrive when you order the new deluxe redeveloped bustling metropolis package. Which we have. It is only getting worse. thank you developers and polititians.
                You're blaming developers and politicians for (probably) drug-related killings and domestic violence? Wow. If "overcongestion" is to blame, then why don't you point the finger at immigration? Perhaps because that isn't PC and would offend your audience? Easier to blame those who aren't reading HT, isn't it?

And here I thought the guy holding the gun did it. I shoulda known -- it's all society's fault!

Comment

Jezuss Phahkin kee Rice. Kimo can't say nuTEEN with out being shot down by various and sundry hatters that are mad. each and every time. from all angles. on all points.
                  scuze me for expressing.
                  and in pidgin.
                  I know it's not english
                  and illiterate sounding. But I do it anyway.

this gettin old. real quick.

Comment

Jezuss Phahkin kee Rice. Kimo can't say nuTEEN with out being shot down by various and sundry hatters that are mad. each and every time. from all angles. on all points.
                    Well, if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black!

Comment

scuze me for expressing.
                      and in pidgin.
                      I know it's not english
                      and illiterate sounding. But I do it anyway.

this gettin old. real quick.
                      Honestly, I figured, you're so good at dishing it out, you should be able to take it.

OK, I'll leave you alone. As you wish.

Comment

This past Saturday night - a candidate running for political office in District 28 came to walk with our Neighborhood Watch. He said he would bring more people with him to walk with our residents...don't you just love Political Season?

Can tell wasn't the candidate I'm backing.

Whatevas...the more the merrier.

Auntie Lynn of MWH!

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                          Honestly, I figured, you're so good at dishing it out,
                          I never dished it out at you.

Comment

How ironic they went looking for "Love in all the wrong places." Their last name is "Truelove!' http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/03/news/story04.html
                            Just an update to the shooting incident referenced earlier. KGMB interviewed one of the survivors of the incident, wherein he objects strenuously to the allegation that he and his brother, who was killed, were involved in prostitution.

Shooting Victim Says He's No Pimp
                            "Now if I walk in a prostitution area, I'm a pimp. If I walk in a drug area, I'm a drug dealer. Well, if I walk next to the City Hall, can I be a Congressman?" asked David Trulove.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                              pzarquon, I can't stop laughing. I've been to all the places he said and then some. I've also been to the State Capital...can be Governor someday too?

Some people's children dey like deny!

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Bright Ideas: Mini-Grants
                                "Care about improving the Chinatown arts district? Write a one-page paper on your best idea. Twenty applicants will be selected for a short oral presentation and ten will receive a grant of up to $4000. Deadline is June 30. info@artsatmarks.com "

Auntie Lynn
                                Winners were announced today!
                                Coalition works on plan to revitalize Chinatown
                                "$40,000 in grants funds development of 10 proposals"
                                By Venus Lee

http://starbulletin.com/2006/07/15/news/story05.html

"Chinatown is the first place in Hawaii -- and the seventh urban neighborhood in the nation-- to be recognized in the Preserve America program."

Lots of exciting and great ideas!

Yipppeeee! Chinatown going get a new facelift and changes are going to be made...FINALLY!

"There is no specific time line for the projects."

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Working...
                                X