Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making A Community Better, Safe, Sight, & Sound!

Kalihi Palama Chinatown Community Implementing Group
    invites you to come to a
    Community Conversation

They are currently developing a communtiy strategic plan to address issues of crime, education, homelessness, economic development, and family strengthening. They will be presenting the draft plan. If you live and/or work in Kalihi, Palama or Chinatown, they want your comment and more input!

On Tuesday ~ November 22, 2005
    6:00 p.m. - 8: 30 p.m.
    Ka'iulani Elementary
    School Cafeteria
    783 N. King Street, Honolulu, 96817

Food and drinks will be provided!

Door prizes will be given out!

Please inform them if you are attending.
    For more information, please contact
    Joy Barua at 852-6100.

Kalihi Palama Chinatown Community Implementing
    Group is a U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban
    Development Enpowerment Zone initiative.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Bright Ideas: Mini-Grants
      "Care about improving the Chinatown arts district? Write a one-page paper on your best idea. Twenty applicants will be selected for a short oral presentation and ten will receive a grant of up to $4000. Deadline is June 30. info@artsatmarks.com "

Auntie Lynn

Comment

For The Children

Last night a fellow tenant, Fetu, came to my Hale to wala'au with me. He invited me to attend an interview with a reporter from The Honolulu Advertiser today. We met at noon, headed out to meet Mary. We then went to Hana Eliapo's (President of MWH Tenant Association) home.

As we were walking the questions started. By the time we reached Hana's hale both Fetu and I were ready for the interview. We didn't leave anything out. We spoke out in unison that our MWH Community needs to be heard.

The interview was based on our Security Problems. We have many. Soon Marlene and another Youth Group member arrived. Their thoughts on the situation and what they have done to make it better. We all agreed and spoke out strongly that whatever problems MWH has...it is not caused by our residents but by outsiders.

For rest of story please go to http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog/

Auntie Lynn
        Last edited by 1stwahine; June 24, 2006, 02:33 AM.

Comment

In today's Advertiser

"Mayor Wright Homes residents feel besieged"
          http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...0345/1190/NEWS

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie;

How many cops live in MWH?
            You Look Like I Need A Drink

Comment

I saw that article (and your photo) this morning too. Way to go, Auntie Lynn!
              [/applause]

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by nachodaddy
                Auntie;

How many cops live in MWH?
                Aloha nachodaddy, None that I know of. However, we have several Officers in Blue who were raised in MWH. One who was the former Shopo President. And another who will soon become one ~ my youngest daughter.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                  I saw that article (and your photo) this morning too. Way to go, Auntie Lynn!
                  [/applause]
                  LikaNui, The Honolulu Advertiser gave us the chance to speak our voices. It is our hopes that it will be heard. Now we begin our fight together as one strong voice to regain our community back for good!

MAHALO

Auntie Lynn

btw: Had betta pictures den dat. I look fat!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                    Aloha nachodaddy, None that I know of. However, we have several Officers in Blue who were raised in MWH. One who was the former Shopo President. And another who will soon become one ~ my youngest daughter.

Auntie Lynn
                    Well, I have seen it work in other neighborhoods but if you can get cops to live in the area, the shenanigans tend to drop off.

I know the drill. Stuff happens. Cops get called. By the time the cops get there, everyone involved has dispersed. Pretty soon it takes a while for the cops to come. Someone gets shot. Increased patrols for a while. Then it drops off. Repeat.

The hard part is you have find an incentive for them to live in the area. Some sort of subsidy perhaps? Government? Homeowners Association? Third Party?

It is always a "win/win" if you can get the crime rate to drop.

Comment

Well, I have seen it work in other neighborhoods but if you can get cops to live in the area, the shenanigans tend to drop off.

I know the drill. Stuff happens. Cops get called. By the time the cops get there, everyone involved has dispersed. Pretty soon it takes a while for the cops to come. Someone gets shot. Increased patrols for a while. Then it drops off. Repeat.

The hard part is you have find an incentive for them to live in the area. Some sort of subsidy perhaps? Government? Homeowners Association? Third Party?

It is always a "win/win" if you can get the crime rate to drop.
                      You are absolutely correct again!

Per this morning's article "Sgt. John Kauwenaole, of the Kalihi Weed and Seed office, said his officers will be paying more attention to Mayor Wright in coming months because of increased problems related to illegal drugs and fighting. He declined to discuss specific operations, saying they would likely involve stings."

I've been trying to get them more involved for how long. My repeated efforts have gone unheard. Many months ago, I wrote in my Blog and asked for any HPD Officers to come and volunteer on our Neighborhood Walks. We needed Help. None showed. Hopefully, our voices and our situation will now be heard and not forgotten.

As for the Security Guards we have. What you read in the article is untrue. They don't rover the premises. They sit in the Guard Shack on their Fat Okoles reading the paper, talking to friends, or visiting their friends at other units. One time a Security Guard was running amok around the shack yelling to call 911 cause someone was chasing him. The irony.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Again, find a way, any way, to get them to move to MWH. When their families are potentialy affected, the response time is predictably quicker. Plus, the added benefit when they are home off duty. Double plus is that your "security" will step it up a notch if they know that they are being watched and evaluated.

Comment

Again, find a way, any way, to get them to move to MWH. When their families are potentialy affected, the response time is predictably quicker. Plus, the added benefit when they are home off duty. Double plus is that your "security" will step it up a notch if they know that they are being watched and evaluated.
                          Oh! How wish it was that simple. Unfortunately, MWH is a Public Housing Project where People with Low to Moderate Incomes live. Mostly poor ones like me. Well, I not dat poor. My hale look like one in Kahala!heheheh

We initiated a petition to have the current Security removed. We are not the only Housing that is having problems with their company. There was a meeting held at the Kalihi Police Station several weeks ago. It was attended by all the managers, Assistant to the HCDCH Dept., Mr. Miki, Community Members and the owner of the Security Firm.

The problem was addressed still nothing is being done. The Security Firms bid every so many years to get the contract from HCDCH. However, they are not doing a sufficient job. We, the residents started to log everything so that we can show what is going on with proof. Our Petition to have them removed is our right due to being unsafe with their Mickey Mouse performances of doing their jobs.

It's a Carnival every night and they are the Clowns!

Auntie Lynn
                          Last edited by 1stwahine; July 5, 2006, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Exclusive Update for HawaiiThreads.com

Fetu Kolio, the man pictured in the article called me 1 hour ago. He asked me to help him. Last night, some punks (non-residents) were popping fireworks where they shouldn't have been. He called Security. Security came and told the group he called them. They came to his hale and threaten him. Then they went into his yard to pop fireworks. He did call 911 but they didn't come.

I'll be writing his formal letter of complaint and attaching it to our petition. It's War and I hope none of our residents get injured in the process.

There will be many intimidation and threats. Especially, now since it came out in The Honolulu Advertiser. We must continue to speak out and be heard. Hopefully, other Media will cover our story as well.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Be careful auntie!

Comment

Originally posted by manoasurfer123
                                Be careful auntie!
                                No worries! I get my backups...my kids.

Dey get plenty guns!

Juss joking!

Auntie pUpuLe will be safe. Dis is America. We have LAWS!!!
                                Last edited by 1stwahine; July 5, 2006, 03:46 PM. Reason: why badda you? don't let it!

Comment

Working...
                                X