Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cockroaches?

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    Anyone here use the "recycled mayonaise jar with peanut butter spread in a strip around the inside downward facing edge" trick? Works like a charm.

Just rinse out (no soap) and wipe clean the inside of an emptied mayonaise jar, apply peanut butter and remove label for maximum visual appeal. Put a jar in your garage or storage areas and you'll see roaches start checking in in no time. The roaches can't get out unless you tip the jar over (not recommended). Once it's full, just screw the top back on and toss into your C&C rubbish bin. Or you could finally get even with that neighbor down the street. The one who lets his dog poop in front of your house and never bothers to collect the leavings.
    LMAO - you've given me an evil idea - i've got a neighbor like that.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Comment

growing up in Lahaina Maui I got a good dose of all the creepy crawlers in the Islands. It wasn't uncommon to catch and pull a flying cockroach out of your hair at dinner time! Working in our yard once in Lahaina our cat warned us that my girlfriend then had a scorpion crawling up her ass while weeding in the yard! The constant meowing that he did alerted her to the danger of a scorpion.

This past June I moved into a brand new home in Puna. Second night in our house, a centipede was crawling up the leg of my wife!!!! Oh well, whatcha gonna do? It's part of the cost of living in paradise..

Comment

Hee! This thread is like a welcome mat for me. Twenty-eight years in pest control and I've accumulated quite a few creepy-critter stories. The best one ends with the joke on me, though. My first work day in Hawaii, I lifted a hatch to go into an attic and something fell down into my shirt and got in my bra. The local guy wo was showing me around thought it was really funny when I flew back down the ladder and was dancing around grabbing my boobs and practically stripping, trying to get the thing out of there. I finally got a hold on it and tossed it against the wall. My tour guide was almost peeing himself by then and yells out "Spock 'em!" It was a couple of weeks before I found out that spock 'em wasn't Hawaiian for "gecko."
        Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
          Hee! This thread is like a welcome mat for me. Twenty-eight years in pest control and I've accumulated quite a few creepy-critter stories. The best one ends with the joke on me, though. My first work day in Hawaii, I lifted a hatch to go into an attic and something fell down into my shirt and got in my bra. The local guy wo was showing me around thought it was really funny when I flew back down the ladder and was dancing around grabbing my boobs and practically stripping, trying to get the thing out of there. I finally got a hold on it and tossed it against the wall. My tour guide was almost peeing himself by then and yells out "Spock 'em!" It was a couple of weeks before I found out that spock 'em wasn't Hawaiian for "gecko."
          Oh my gosh. Thanks for sharing that story! It was so funny. Fortunately, I didn't wake my sleeping girls lying next to me while laughing so hard. Thank yooooo!
          Wendi Lau

www.LocalKineGames.com

Comment

Has anyone found that these critters get into beds under the covers very often? I can handle killing the occasional roach, spider, etc..., but don't want to slip into bed to be greeted by one!

Comment

Originally posted by kool_kat View Post
              Has anyone found that these critters get into beds under the covers very often? I can handle killing the occasional roach, spider, etc..., but don't want to slip into bed to be greeted by one!
              HEY HEY HEY!!! Keep the domestic issues off this thread okay?
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by kool_kat View Post
                Nah. But a centipede is a different story.

I haven't had that problem, but one did share a bed with my friends on a camping trip.

Comment

They're in my car!!!! Ewwwwwww!!!
                  I was driving yesterday when something felt funny on my foot, and I look down and see a medium sized roach wandering up my leg!!! EEEk!! Freak out!!
                  So, when I got home last night I sprayed around all the doors with Raid Max, and took out every scrap of trash I could find.
                  This morning, while I'm vacuuming out the car, guess what is sitting on the backseat looking at me??
                  It ran off too fast for me to suck him up.

Any good ideas for de-roaching an old car?
                  ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

maybe set up some roach motels?
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

• Just be glad it wasn't a centipede!

If you have a garage, you need to bug bomb (...with your car inside, doors & windows shut and whatever to block the space under the doors) heavily enuf to get them where they hide, and do it again in 3 weeks to get the (new word alert!) ukukeiki.

No garage? Tarp over with bricks holding it down.

Now, if just The Bus could figure this out...
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

• Re: Cockroaches?

I don't have any at my house!
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

I wish the best for the Hawaii Catch-a-Roach Project @ Kam IV Housing. It's bad enough getting a roach in your mouth or ear, but for a child to develop asthma from breathing in roach feces or parts is really deplorable.

Check out this cockroach faq site by a UMass professor for more info about the little buggers than you ever wanted to know. Interesting that he concluded boric acid might be ineffective in humid environments and that he recommended a homemade jar trap setup similar to mine (my grandma was ahead of her time!).

Hmmm. I bet I could sell Lingle on my "environmentally-friendly, reusable, non-toxic cockroach trap."
                          "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by infinitypro View Post
                            I don't have any at my house!
                            I don't have any monkeys at mine but then again I haven't really looked behind the fridge to confirm that either
                            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Why aren't PETA speaking out for cockroaches? They're kind of cute when not at close-up, and I have never heard or read of them killing people except for a National Enquire type of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                                Why aren't PETA speaking out for cockroaches? They're kind of cute when not at close-up, and I have never heard or read of them killing people except for a National Enquire type of story.

Sorry, I don't care how cute something is, when it drops on my head while I'm taking a shower, it dies. If only because I accidentally slammed it into the wall while screaming and flailing.
                                Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                                Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Working...
                                X